Seat Upholstery - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 10:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrn View Post
I had the Katzkin upgrade done and the driver seat is doing the same, looks like the right front tab has stretched and torn, 16 Z71, have an appointment to have it checked, pretty sad for a 1300 $ upgrade :(
My biggest regret with this truck is I didn't get leather seats. How do you like the katzkin covers??
Does it all look OEM??

Could you post a pic if it's not too much trouble?

2016 Colorado Crew Cab Long Box
2013 Fusion SE 2.0L Eco Boost
1988 Firebird Formula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip8888 View Post
My biggest regret with this truck is I didn't get leather seats. How do you like the katzkin covers??
Does it all look OEM??

I truly love the leather, not to soft not to firm, kinda hard to believe with the tab issues from pulling loose. The stitching is high quality as well. Just had the base model of leather put in. I think overall since having the 2 part epoxy injected to the tab has seemed to do the trick to keep them from popping off the frame ;) Don't really remember the Lts seats so really can't comment maybe some else can. I think you'd enjoy them.. I'll get some pics posted tommrrow
post #43 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 10:31 AM

Garage
I had my truck in two weeks ago and let them have a second try at the seat cover. So far so good. I mentioned the service bulletin to the service advisor, but had forgotten the number. I did have the number included when I made the online appointment, but he didn't have a record of that. So I'm not exactly sure what they did but it's much better.

2016 Canyon All Terrain Adventure

post #44 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip8888 View Post
Does it all look OEM??

I truly love the leather, not to soft not to firm, kinda hard to believe with the tab issues from pulling loose. The stitching is high quality as well. Just had the base model of leather put in. I think overall since having the 2 part epoxy injected to the tab has seemed to do the trick to keep them from popping off the frame ;) Don't really remember the Lts seats so really can't comment maybe some else can. I think you'd enjoy them.. I'll get some pics posted tommrrow
Very interested as well. If you have pictures of the interior, would u mind posting it? I would also would be interested in looking at the the pics where the problem is as well. Maybe I can mention this to them.
post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 10:50 AM

I was just looking at a used SLT at the dealer (the sales guy said he didn't know why the seats had these tabs showing) and I snapped these pictures because I didn't understand what I was looking at. Seems like you guys have been able to fix yours but what is GM saying? Is there a recall on these? I hesitate to buy this vehicle because the tabs are both sticking out..

post #46 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4matc View Post
I took mine (16, Z71, Midnight) to the dealer yesterday to have them start the process of getting this fixed. (They have not been connected since Day 1). They told me there as a bulletin for this problem. Bulletin# PIT 5524. I was unable to find this anywhere online.

They told me it would take about a day for fix and that the front seats would need to be removed. I don't really know if I want them to do that or not. Things never seem to go back in the way they come out.
Update on mine... Took it to the dealer, took a few hours... fixed.
It's been almost 2 weeks and seats are doing fine.
post #47 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 04:15 PM

Garage
I have not noticed these on the 2017 seats....I will have to check it out this evening.

2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain X Quick Silver Metallic
post #48 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan W. Forker View Post
I put a very thin bead of Gorilla liquid glue along the inside of the plastic channel and put it back in place. Blocked it up in place with a couple of 5" wood blocks by lowering the seat until it was firmly held where it belonged and the next morning removed the blocks. It hasn't moved for three months and is solid as a rock. I don't think there is anything that will be fixed by new seat covers or seat frames. It's a defective design and the channel needs fixed to the seat frame so it can't come loose when the weight of a passenger or driver releases the pressure from the seat cover that is supposed to keep it in place. I declined letting the dealer replace the seat cover because I didn't want to risk that the new cover wouldn't look right when it wasn't going to fix the problem anyway.

Dan Forker
That seat cover still holding? I have the same problem with my drivers seat and I think I am going to try your fix, Gorilla glue works great on so many things.

2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain 4 wheel drive crew cab with 6' bed in Cardinal Red. Mods, Pedal Commander and Elite E-2 catch can.
post #49 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetter'S Z View Post
That seat cover still holding? I have the same problem with my drivers seat and I think I am going to try your fix, Gorilla glue works great on so many things.
My gorilla glue fix is holding up great. I did mine around the same time

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
post #50 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 07:33 PM

Did you just use regular Gorilla glue? I have to get some tomorrow and give it try since my seat cover on the drivers side at the front corner near the console comes loose. It's good to hear that it is still holding.

2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain 4 wheel drive crew cab with 6' bed in Cardinal Red. Mods, Pedal Commander and Elite E-2 catch can.
post #51 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:21 PM

Yep, just run some regular gorilla glue along the plastic channel of the cover and snap it back into place. I cut some 2x4 blocks @ 5.5"-6" and wedged them between the channel and the floor. Used paper towels on the floor to catch the drips and rubbing alcohol to clean all the surfaces before gluing.
Once it's dry I broke off/trimmed any excess that leaked out.
It's a good fix.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
post #52 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 07:00 PM

That's great, thanks for the reply. I will have to do this since mine does the same thing as many others.

post #53 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 09:07 AM

I'll be doing this to mine as I just picked it up from the dealer. 2 new lower cushions. Both unclipped before I made it home.

2016 Colorado Z71 Trail Boss Duramax Diesel
Summit White Crew Cab
post #54 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 09:29 AM

Garage
Yeah...this must have been changed for 2017s because mine does not have these clips.
KY Red Rock likes this.

2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain X Quick Silver Metallic
post #55 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 12:50 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStarr68 View Post
Yeah...this must have been changed for 2017s because mine does not have these clips.
I'm looking at my 2017 and asking myself: "What the hell are these guys talking about?"

LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode