Seat Upholstery - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Seat Upholstery

2016 WT with cloth seats.
Anyone else having a problem with the plastic strips holding the front edge of the seat cushion coming loose?
Blev2922 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 05:49 AM

Both of mine on my z71 were pulled loose when new. I slid them back in place and haven't had an issue. However, its only been like 300 miles....lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 07:18 PM

Garage
I have had my Canyon for five days and noticed it on the fourth. I keep clipping it back and it's undone within a couple minutes. 300 miles on my truck...

2016 Canyon All Terrain Adventure

Last edited by perryw; 08-22-2016 at 07:22 PM.

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 10:01 PM

I had the Katzkin upgrade done and the driver seat is doing the same, looks like the right front tab has stretched and torn, 16 Z71, have an appointment to have it checked, pretty sad for a 1300 $ upgrade :(

Last edited by mdrn; 08-22-2016 at 10:43 PM.
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrn View Post
I had the Katzkin upgrade gone and the driver seat is doing the same, looks like the right front tab has stretched and torn, 16 Z71, have an appointment to have it checked, pretty sad for a 1300 $ upgrade :(
Do you still have your old covers?
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburbs22 View Post
Do you still have your old covers?
I had them but threw them away, The dealer had to cut them to remove them, The headrest are glued on as well so they just fit a skin over them, called Katzkin to confirm they had to cut the OEM covers off and they said that was correct procedure, I was bummed to say the least :( I had higher expectations from reputation, I would of skipped them if I knew that B4 hand....
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 10:22 PM

Darn im pretty sure they shouldnt have to be cut but i could be wrong
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 08:17 AM

Garage
Quote:
I had the Katzkin upgrade done and the driver seat is doing the same, looks like the right front tab has stretched and torn, 16 Z71, have an appointment to have it checked, pretty sad for a 1300 $ upgrade :(
Yea, the right edge of that front tab on my truck seems stretched out and half off the track without me in the seat. I'm a big guy but I have a hard time believing I did something to seat in just a handful of times getting in and out. I don't want to take an under a week old truck to a dealer but I also don't want to wait and have them blame me when I take it in for the first oil change.

post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryw View Post
Yea, the right edge of that front tab on my truck seems stretched out and half off the track without me in the seat. I'm a big guy but I have a hard time believing I did something to seat in just a handful of times getting in and out. I don't want to take an under a week old truck to a dealer but I also don't want to wait and have them blame me when I take it in for the first oil change.
Im 6' 4 same as you, mine only had 200 miles on it, the passenger side was off as well but its rarely used so will see how long it lasts, must be alot of tension at those tabs, might insist the dealer take i t to a regular car upholstery shop if the dealer cant fix it....
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 11:10 AM

Garage
I wonder if just lightly bending the lip on the seat frame, back up towards the seat, would be enough to keep the lip locked on. I found a similar problem on another forum and that's what was reported to have worked.

post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
did the dealer do the katzkin, did they arrange someone else to do it, or did you go have it done on your own? any other issues other then that tab that seems to be a factory fitment issue
looking into these for the 2nd gen now, have them in my 05 and love em... place that done mine dont mess with that kinda stuff anymore
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 01:05 PM

I might have to do the frame trick;) down the road... The dealer installed it so as to have the warranty with it as you can see the tab appears to be partially torn at the bottom, as well as a shot of the headrests
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 01:12 PM

Garage
I was out at lunch and that side / corner piece by the console was loose on mine too. Even reconnected, the front still comes loose. It almost seems like there's too much foam because there's a bit that sticks out from under the cover right at the corner. I'm probably going to let a dealer look at it since it is so new. Hate that.

That sounds like a decent price on the Katzkin. I've thought about leather or neoprene covers but I for sure won't mess with any coverings until I get this sorted out.

post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 01:25 PM

My thoughts exactly let the dealer deal with it since we have a warranty, it sucks we have to take time out of our day for such a minor issue :( But as well as you noted mine had some what appears as to much foam as well and even readjusting the cover several times mine as well popped off, not a good design.... The price is good as I wasn't a big fan of the 71 seats.....
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 10:59 AM

how hard is it to take the covers off the seats? i was thinking of dying my seat covers and trying that. i would go look myself but my truck is at the dealership getting the door repainted.
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 03:38 PM

From what I have read, you basically destroy the material to get it off.
So removal, dye, and reinstall seems to be out.
CHIRADO likes this.
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 10:08 AM

Garage
Quote:
My thoughts exactly let the dealer deal with it since we have a warranty, it sucks we have to take time out of our day for such a minor issue :( But as well as you noted mine had some what appears as to much foam as well and even readjusting the cover several times mine as well popped off, not a good design.... The price is good as I wasn't a big fan of the 71 seats.....

Have the car at the dealer now. They're saying they can't get the cover to stay on so they're ordering a new cushion. But it's on back order and may be a couple weeks. Fun fun fun.

post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryw View Post
Have the car at the dealer now. They're saying they can't get the cover to stay on so they're ordering a new cushion. But it's on back order and may be a couple weeks. Fun fun fun.
Thanks for the update
post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 10:44 AM

Just a heads up there is a TSB coming out for this issue very soon....
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 12:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Terrain View Post
Just a heads up there is a TSB coming out for this issue very soon....

Interesting. If you find out more can you update this thread? My invoice from the dealer shows a cover is in order, not the cushion. So maybe they've got a revised cover on the way.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode