Upgraded armrest on '17 Z71 - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 01:00 PM

Just one more reason I wait at least till the 3rd model year for any vehicle purchase. The 2017s come with a padded center arm rest and more. Like the new 3.6L V6 and 8L45 8 speed transmission. Sweet combo.

Of course, there will be more changes adds/subtracts next year and after.

But I always shy away from the first couple years of any vehicle.

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 CCSB Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 04:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
The parts guy ordered it and Chevy sent him the old version Z71 armrest that I have already. He's trying to order it again. If he can't get it I'm going to order the GMC black with white stitching armrest. No luck so far. If I get it, I will post the order number.
Any luck yet? My parts guy ordered in one based on the schematic online and just got the underside. He called GM and ordered in the full assembly and got the old Z71 assembly that we already have. (I gave him a VIN for a 2017 Z71 they had on their lot).
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 07:45 PM
JBT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by protocol2001 View Post
Any luck yet? My parts guy ordered in one based on the schematic online and just got the underside. He called GM and ordered in the full assembly and got the old Z71 assembly that we already have. (I gave him a VIN for a 2017 Z71 they had on their lot).
No luck yet. My parts guy got the old Z71 lid in and sent it back. He's using the vin from a 2017 that's on the dealers lot too.

2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 V6 4x4 Extended Cab

post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 12:41 PM

Garage
Here's an update from my parts guy. He tried 4 different VINs from 2017 Z71's on the lot (which visually confirm the right armrest). They're all giving the same part number for the base + cover (84001189). He called GM and they said they pulled the build sheet from at least one of those VINs and confirmed the same part number. When we ordered it, it was the one that was on the 2015/16 models. GM said to further investigate they would need one taken apart and given the "cast number". Unfortunately, we can't do that on any of the unsold vehicles on the lot. At this point he said try again in 6 months and see if the part number is updated in the system. Quite frustrating.
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 07:08 PM
JBT

Garage
Quote:
Here's an update from my parts guy. He tried 4 different VINs from 2017 Z71's on the lot (which visually confirm the right armrest). They're all giving the same part number for the base + cover (84001189). He called GM and they said they pulled the build sheet from at least one of those VINs and confirmed the same part number. When we ordered it, it was the one that was on the 2015/16 models. GM said to further investigate they would need one taken apart and given the "cast number". Unfortunately, we can't do that on any of the unsold vehicles on the lot. At this point he said try again in 6 months and see if the part number is updated in the system. Quite frustrating.
Yeah, I haven't heard anything from my parts guy and he is usually very good at getting back to me. I might go with the black canyon armrest. Or, just wait.

post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 07:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Yeah, I haven't heard anything from my parts guy and he is usually very good at getting back to me. I might go with the black canyon armrest. Or, just wait.
If I had my druthers, I prefer the black cover over the Grey. I'm having to wipe down the Grey more frequently, and I prefer the black dominant aesthetic with the all black console. If your heart is set on grey, get the black canyon cover (full assy), and I'll swap ya.
post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 08:06 PM
JBT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRacer View Post
If I had my druthers, I prefer the black cover over the Grey. I'm having to wipe down the Grey more frequently, and I prefer the black dominant aesthetic with the all black console. If your heart is set on grey, get the black canyon cover (full assy), and I'll swap ya.
Nice to know. Personally, I like black interiors. Maybe I should go with black. I was just thinking of the upgraded Z71. I might like black a lot more.
RatRacer likes this.

post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 08:22 PM

Just got my part in from the great white north, $86 USD and 19 days later, I have a black "softer" lid/elbow rest upgrade. The screws kinda sucked getting out, but it's all trimmed up and done.

Rig: 16' Colly LT 4x4 2.8D, CCSB, G80, Bose, etc

Built list: Bak revolver x2, premium Line-X, rigid b/up lights cut & mounted in bumper, kn insert air fltr, zroadz fog plate w/rigid spots & floods, d-max tuner, matte blk badges and custom diesel badges, bilstien 5100 RHA 2" lift with rear 1" gm lift blks, 275/65-18 TA ko2, 2" wheel spacers (big rub @ full steer, w/o spacers), pedal cmdr

To/do: AFE intake, puddle leds, Anzo tails, Zone 1.5" body lft

Sponsors: Virginia Line-X (Ant).
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 12:13 AM

Garage
I ultimately just gave up on the Colorado one and ordered the one from the SLE Canyon. Total cost was $206.32 (CDN - including shipping to the dealer in Edmonton from the US) for the black leather cover pre-mounted to the hinge assembly. The part number was 84001190. This is an updated from the part number you see in the other posts. It took a week to arrive.
JBT likes this.
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 11:14 PM
JBT

Garage
Quote:
I ultimately just gave up on the Colorado one and ordered the one from the SLE Canyon. Total cost was $206.32 (CDN - including shipping to the dealer in Edmonton from the US) for the black leather cover pre-mounted to the hinge assembly. The part number was 84001190. This is an updated from the part number you see in the other posts. It took a week to arrive.
I think the black one should look really nice. RatRacer liked his a lot and it matches the the black in the seats. I might go this route too.
RatRacer and protocol2001 like this.

post #51 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 02:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
I think the black one should look really nice.
It really does look great, matches the black on the seats and totally fits the style of the cab.

It took a bit of playing around to do the swap, here's what finally worked for me:
  1. Pry the back cover off which gives you access to the hinge and spring
  2. Remove one of the clips on the pin and then slide it out
  3. Open the armrest and it'll come right out from the spring
  4. Place the new one in
  5. Reinsert the pin and put the clip back on
  6. Snap the cover back on and you're all set
JBT, RatRacer and Chris Drennan like this.
post #52 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 10:33 PM

Wow! Never figured I would have started such a popular topic.
RatRacer and protocol2001 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode