Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Hum from front R firewall area

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  yokev 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2017 Colorado Z71 Crew Cab. Thus far a very solid truck. I have noticed an occasional resonant "hum" from from near the center/right firewall area when the vehicle is under a certain load in a specific gear. Seems to go away in very cold weather. Occurs only once the truck is warm. Dealer suggests this is secondary to some ill fitting pieces near the cabin air filter. To be replaced and foam tape added next week. Anyone with similar noise? Does the "fix" work? --ShowMeTruck

#3 ·
Hum seems to be solved. Seems to have been caused by R front fender brace "harmonics". Found by mechanic tapping on fender with the palm of his hand. Foam and sealant added with resolution of buzz/hum. I hope this post saves time/effort if any others encounter this problem. I am impressed by the tenacity of the service department at Weber Chevrolet (St. Louis) to fix this problems.

#4 ·
I can support this is the cause...

We chased this down for weeks and the service people were no help around here... My buddy and I took out the air box and thought we found it in there, but didn't. Ultimately, we had to pull the passenger headlight out and look into the sheetmetal over the front passenger tire and found a loosely supported bracket that we siliconed into place and it's been silent since.

#5 ·
I've been to the dealer 4 times about a rattle that comes with certain song harmonics, it might be the mirror, seatbelt, door pannel. I'm sure they are tired of my but really. 37k after taxes I should be hearing nothing but BOSE

#7 ·
I get the same hum. I agree it only happens in warm weather. It has been gone all winter but returned last week for one day only when we had a rather warm winter day. I will look into getting it fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.