3Likes
  • 1 Post By CliffZ71
  • 1 Post By axeman417
  • 1 Post By ernster500

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Wink 2016 Colorado Glove Box

I have always kept my registration and insurance cards in the glovebox of every vehicle that I own, the 2016 Colorado is no different. This morning as I was placing my Insurance renewal cards in my vehicles, the clear plastic sleeve with registration and Insurance card was missing in the Colorado. After looking everywhere for a couple of hours for the registration, I looked again in the glove box and felt around, I thought surely the sleeve didn't jump over the edge to the back side of that glovebox, I felt underneath and sure enough it had
it took a lot of rolling and pulling but I finally got it out. Watch what is on top of the heap it can escape! I'm just glad, I didn,t get pulled over by police to find it missing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 07:00 PM

That's a good plan, you should also consider keeping the vehicle title and the keys in there.

Nick http://www.naskie18.com GoogleTalk: naskie18@gmail.com AIM: naskie18

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naskie18 View Post
that's a good plan, you should also consider keeping the vehicle title and the keys in there.
huh?

Sent from the butt crack of California.
2016 Colorado 4x4 CC SB V6
AS level/lift 2.5" w/1" rear block, diff drop
275/70-17 Cooper AT3 on MotoMetal 970s
Scary, evil, black, warranty voiding catch can from the devil

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 11:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to CliffZ71 Send a message via MSN to CliffZ71
Quote:
Originally Posted by JScottM View Post
huh?
The thing of it is is that someone can brake into your truck, steal your garage door remote because we don't have homelink, snag your registration and presto, they now have your address, your remote to open your garage door, and access into your home for other things of there liking. Some states give you 2 copies of your reg. 1 will not have your address on it, that's the one you leave in your car if you must.

2016 Summit White Colorado CC Z71 window tint, bug deflector, magnaflow muffler, zone 1.25 level,air dam delete, weather tech no drill mud flaps, Husky floor liners, A.R.E topper, Baja Designs Squadron R Sport amber LED fogs, Morimoto 4TL-R Bi-Xenon projectors, 35W D2S 5500 bulbs
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffZ71 View Post
The thing of it is is that someone can brake into your truck, steal your garage door remote because we don't have homelink, snag your registration and presto, they now have your address, your remote to open your garage door, and access into your home for other things of there liking. Some states give you 2 copies of your reg. 1 will not have your address on it, that's the one you leave in your car if you must.
OK, gotcha, CA doesn't do that but I bet the cops wouldn't care much if you blacked out the address carefully. Good idea. Thanks. I wonder if my insurance card has it too? Hmmm, must go look now.....Well crap, now I'm thinking homelink addition, thanks, now I'm going to spend even more on this truck!.....lol

Sent from the butt crack of California.
2016 Colorado 4x4 CC SB V6
AS level/lift 2.5" w/1" rear block, diff drop
275/70-17 Cooper AT3 on MotoMetal 970s
Scary, evil, black, warranty voiding catch can from the devil
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 12:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to CliffZ71 Send a message via MSN to CliffZ71
Quote:
OK, gotcha, CA doesn't do that but I bet the cops wouldn't care much if you blacked out the address carefully. Good idea. Thanks. I wonder if my insurance card has it too? Hmmm, must go look now.....Well crap, now I'm thinking homelink addition, thanks, now I'm going to spend even more on this truck!.....lol
No problem, that's one of the drawbacks of the Colorado, no homelink!
JScottM likes this.

2016 Summit White Colorado CC Z71 window tint, bug deflector, magnaflow muffler, zone 1.25 level,air dam delete, weather tech no drill mud flaps, Husky floor liners, A.R.E topper, Baja Designs Squadron R Sport amber LED fogs, Morimoto 4TL-R Bi-Xenon projectors, 35W D2S 5500 bulbs

Last edited by CliffZ71; 03-01-2017 at 12:12 AM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
That's exactly what I do. I make a copy of my reg and keep the original. The copy I leave in my car, with at least the street address blacked out.
JScottM likes this.

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4
Trail Boss Sport Bar
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 10:24 PM

I simply have my home alarmed and monitored 24 hrs day, garage is not monitored but door into basement and stairwell are. Homelink would help, greatly so would a power back window.

2015 Canyon, SLT, CC, 4x4, Copper Red Metallic, Nav, Bose, Trailer pkg, Safety pkg, Eng heater, steps, Extang tri fold hard cover, flaps.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 10:31 PM

LMAO at this thread. Went from a story to freaking spy games. No one cares who you are and what your address is. If they break into your car they are looking for money or something to sell for crack. You arent secret agents. It would be easier to just follow you home for your address than to break into your car for your address..... Ok say they do get your address. Then what???
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geonny View Post
LMAO at this thread. Went from a story to freaking spy games. No one cares who you are and what your address is. If they break into your car they are looking for money or something to sell for crack. You arent secret agents. It would be easier to just follow you home for your address than to break into your car for your address..... Ok say they do get your address. Then what???
Haha I agree with you on that. Though I understand people would rather their information not be out there I would say worrying about your address is not a big concern. There are so many ways anyone can get your address at any time. The bigger concern would be home security in general and the fact that someone just broke into your truck in the first place.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geonny View Post
My original intent was to call attention to the CRAPPY designed glove box and the possibility that something important might fall over to back side of it. It certainly was not my intent to stir conspiracy theorist into widespread paranoia and zombie apocolips.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 10:53 AM

Lmao sorry OP. I wasn't directed to you. Just the conspiracy theorists. Make my damn head hurt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 11:53 PM

Garage
You guys are all missing the obvious problem in the story... What the heck do you have in your glove compartment that the insurance card doesn't fit? Get rid of some of that stuff!

haha
jrc847 likes this.

2016 COLORADO LT 4X4 CCSB (Build Thread)
DURAMAXDIESEL MIDNIGHT EDITION
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode