Don't understand the door pockets. - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 10:08 AM

Garage
These door pockets are actually my biggest gripe about my '16 Canyon SLT. I came from a '14 Silverado LTZ w/ buckets, huge console and more slot storage than I could ever use. I totally understand 'mid-size' and can deal w/ the smaller console and trays but these door cards are totally useless to me, utterly stupid in fact. I can maybe store a shop towel in any of the shallow slots and the what... 'drink holder' is useless as well.

I could see one shallow slot on top for small convenient items but there's ample room for a deep slot on the lower door area also. Once I saw pics of the door w/ cards removed there is nothing on the door inner that would prevent deeper lower pockets.

GM needs to wake the hell up on this door pocket issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 11:43 AM

i'm really surprised nobody is selling aftermarket door panels.

2016 Colorado LT 4WD, Long-Box, Laser Blue/Jet Ash. Convenience & Luxury packages, Factory Spray-in Bed Liner, Safety Package, Trailering Package, Mud Flaps, Quad-fold G4 hard tonneau cover, 3" OEM steps, All-season OEM floor mats

Ordered 5/22/15
TPW: 7/13/15
Received: 8/8/15
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imref View Post
i'm really surprised nobody is selling aftermarket door panels.
Not near enough volume (yet) plus with all of the variations in color scheme (Colorado, Canyon - 2 colors)

Do all of the Colorado versions have same color scheme?

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 03:50 PM

most vehicles are the same with useless interior door panels, not just gm
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 01:56 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to memphissenior
Quote:
Originally Posted by pltctycanyon View Post
most vehicles are the same with useless interior door panels, not just gm
Sorry, patcty, I disagree. I had Ford rangers for over 20 years. The pockets on those doors were wide enough and deep enough to be useful. At 2" deep and 1.75" wide the doors on my Canyon are useless. I have a sunscreen for my windshield that folds down to a 6" X 3/4" circle. It barely fits in the door of my Canyon and frequently falls out when I open the door because the bin is so shallow. The tray in the center of the dash is likewise useless. All I can keep in it are a couple of pencils. In my Frontier I kept a small, 4" X 6" note pad along with a pencil. In the days before GPS I kept road maps in the doors of my Ranger. Fortunately I don't need maps today. They wouldn't fit in the doors of my Canyon anyway. I also kept my hand gun in drivers door. Being left handed it was very handy there. Almost everyone I know that got a Canyon or a Colorado, myself included, did so because it was the ONLY American "compact" truck and I/they didn't want/need a F150, Sierra-Silverado or a Dodge Ram. So 3 years ago when my 2000 Ranger gave up the ghost my choices were Tacoma or Frontier. I got a Frontier. I didn't like it so I got a GM product 2 years later. My first GM product in over 30 years. The truck itself is great. But there are so many things wrong with the interior of my Canyon, after less than a year I'm ready to get rid of it. In addition to a lack of storage space, no homelink (so I have to keep 1 of those stupid remotes on my visor.) No push button starter and a ignition keyhole that's hidden directly behind the steering wheel so you can't see it. Are just a couple of peeves I have. I can't afford to get rid of my Canyon right now but I will be in 2 more years. I read that Ford will have another Ranger ready for the 2018 or 2019 model year. If GM want's to keep me and many people who feel as I do as customers, they better fix some of these grievances.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 07:13 AM

I fill my door panels with nasty used tissues.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac522 View Post
That's were you're wrong...GM monitors all their car forums, highlighting a design deficiency is not a bad thing...granted some threads can go way over board in the complaints department.
You mean those 'GM Customer Service' posers?? They're just social media people. Doubtful that they would ever pass on this type of information to GM.
Opusnbill7 and Two Door like this.

2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT
2005 Pontiac GTO
2010 Mercedes Benz C300 Sportline
2014 Kia Rio Lx

post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 04:24 PM

Garage
Door Panels

My 2017 Canyon has those stupid door panels and I'm still trying to figure out what GM want us to use the pockets for . I wonder if they can be changed out with an earlier model truck door panel ?? Any body ever tried that ? I'm looking to change mine out if it's possible !!!
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshayar View Post
My 2017 Canyon has those stupid door panels and I'm still trying to figure out what GM want us to use the pockets for . I wonder if they can be changed out with an earlier model truck door panel ?? Any body ever tried that ? I'm looking to change mine out if it's possible !!!
Nothing from the 1st gen is going to fit the 2nd gen truck.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode