Denali Interior wood overlay trim - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Denali Interior wood overlay trim

Hi all, since it appears no site (that I've found) has the 2017 Canyon parts to reference and since there was no Denali trim level in 2016, I'm hoping maybe someone has already looked and found or can point me in the right direction to locate the part numbers for the wood trim found in the Denali Canyon. This would be the trim surrounding the gear shifter and cup holders as well as the pieces on the door armrests. I LOVE the wood and hoping I can replace the wood that came in my SLT trim level. In fact, if someone wants an upgrade for theirs, my wood trim will be up for sale if I can find the Denali trim.

Pics attached what I'm looking for, just in case....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 10.42.51 PM.jpg (157.5 KB, 154 views)

2017 Canyon SLT - Duramax Diesel 4x4
Black on Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 11:19 PM

Have you seen the Denali in person? If not check it out as it is some of the worst plastic wood trim I have seen.

I can say that as I own. Denali and it is the only thing I am disappointed about.

The SLT looks better in person.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

I understand what you are saying. Especially coming Fromm german cars. The quality of the umm "wood" haha is not extraordinary but the look is more my taste instead of the mahogany type shiny finish in the SLT. It's disappointing there isn't more options for the trim in the different levels. My question remains; does anyone have a pointer to help me find the part number(s)?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 11:21 AM

I can't help with locating the specific parts you need. You might try calling the parts dept. at your dealer. The Canyon wood trim is some of the worst looking fake wood I've ever seen...including the Denali. I covered mine with a dash overlay kit as shown in this thread:

Dash Overlay

They have a lot of different wood patterns, as well as solid colors and carbon fiber. It's extremely sturdy stuff.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moabite View Post
I can't help with locating the specific parts you need. You might try calling the parts dept. at your dealer. The Canyon wood trim is some of the worst looking fake wood I've ever seen...including the Denali. I covered mine with a dash overlay kit as shown in this thread:

Dash Overlay

They have a lot of different wood patterns, as well as solid colors and carbon fiber. It's extremely sturdy stuff.

That looks much better than the GMC stuff. That is what the Denali should have had.

My wood looks like a bad shop project.

Also I agree call the dealer or go on one of the GM parts web sites as man list the part numbers.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 11:34 PM

I think I can help, as I just swapped out the trim in my 2 day old Denali.

These numbers are printed on the pieces. They look like GM part numbers:

LH Door- 52018310
RH Door- 52018311
Center- 22960353

Be warned- this 'wood' isn't fooling anybody. It's 1970's Winnebago quality wood trim.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rss29 View Post
I think I can help, as I just swapped out the trim in my 2 day old Denali.

These numbers are printed on the pieces. They look like GM part numbers:

LH Door- 52018310
RH Door- 52018311
Center- 22960353

Be warned- this 'wood' isn't fooling anybody. It's 1970's Winnebago quality wood trim.
Interested in selling your Denali trim?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxcanyon View Post
Interested in selling your Denali trim?

I was planning to experiment with wrapping the stock trim. I bought the 'steel' trim and it's better than the wood but still not all that great. I think maybe a piano black might look good.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rss29 View Post
I was planning to experiment with wrapping the stock trim. I bought the 'steel' trim and it's better than the wood but still not all that great. I think maybe a piano black might look good.

Yes the fake plastic steel is better than the fake plastic wood.

I made it part of the deal when I bought my Denali. I would not pay for the techno steel but once I got the best deal I could I got them to toss the steel and mud flaps in for free to close the deal.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 11:31 PM

So is the techno steel the same material as around the radio trim? Or is it just silver plastic?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxcanyon View Post
So is the techno steel the same material as around the radio trim? Or is it just silver plastic?
The dash trim is real aluminum not plastic like the Colorado.

The Techno steel is just plastic with a dot pattern. It at a glance looks similar to the dash but is not the same..

Ether way it looks better than the wood. But to be honest the Techno steel is not worth the cost. Like I said it was good for free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode