Trifecta Tune - user impressions - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 413Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 942 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayla@trifecta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennstang View Post
just loaded the trifecta tune into my colorado. Everything went smooth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennstang View Post
so how does it transform the truck? It's amazing...just night and day better than stock. You immediately feel the extra low end power. This is where this tune is providing the extra power. The truck no longer struggles to accelerate. Throttle response is great. It feels like i'm driving my 6.2 silverado. Just amazed how much more torque is available. It's totally worth every penny. I have 6k miles on my truck now. Wish i had this tune 5999 miles ago. I'll keep everyone posted as i get more time in the saddle!

thanks for the kind words and positive review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin.edwards View Post
how does one get a free demo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlimitedmatt View Post
i saw in the trifecta thread (from 12/2014) that they could send you a demo tune if you email them and ask.

hello kevin.edwards,

with the trifecta calibration for the my2015+ chevrolet colorado and the my2015+ gmc canyon the sluggish off idle power, response, and drivability are areas that we have specifically addressed and have improved vastly over stock; if you look at the dyno graph in the link below, one of the key areas we pick up power on is between just off idle to about 2500 rpm. Low end torque and throttle response are both vastly improved with just the calibration installed; and we're currently offering demo/trial calibrations! (just email us for a free to try calibration, see link below for details)

we also include speedometer recalibrations as a service for users whom have installed lift kits and larger tires; the transmission shift points and even the power envelope is tire size and mass specific in the trifecta calibration for the my2015+ chevrolet colorado and the my2015+ gmc canyon: Individualization per vehicle (custom tuning) is available! (we can also adjust the shift points so that rpm/gear scaling is correct.)

link: http://coloradofans.com/forums/185-e...ec-2014-a.html

would you like a demo trifecta calibration (trifecta try before you buy, speed limited to xx mph) for your my2015 chevrolet colorado or my2015 gmc canyon? (the demo calibrations include all of the trifecta advantage calibration features with the exception of being speed limited)

we offer demo chevrolet colorado my2015+ and gmc canyon my2015+ calibrations that are free to try because of our confidence in our product development and refined drivability. If anyone wants to try out our calibrations just send us an email and we're happy to dispatch a demo cal!

If you're interested, please email trifecta customer support and mention this offer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimogeek View Post
i installed the tune also, i'd be curious to hear if you're having any lower speed issues? On mine, when i slow down to a stop, the transmission sort of jerks the truck, like if a torque converter was locked and let go. Let me know what yours does. I'll be sending logs to wot-tuning to capture the behavior, otherwise it's been a good tune, haven't noticed a big jump in eco mode yet for mpgs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckvanstinkle View Post
i was experience something similar to that in eco mode, it almost felt like the engine was stalling and not going to first fast enough. It would finally down shift when i was practically at a stop. I did feel something off in the normal tune mode wen at slow speeds as well for the first 2 weeks or so of having it. Its gotten a bit better recently. I for sure think they need to make some transmission adjustments at the lower speeds. I told them about it this morning and i'm glad that i'm not the only one who's noticing it. They'll be able to dial it in more as long as people keep capturing it and sending the logs to them.
Also try driving with the cruise control set on a speed. Thats when i get the biggest mpg increases. 60/65 and lower is where i'm seeing the best improvement. I have a 10 mile trip from my house to work, during that stretch there only 2 lights and the speed limit ranges from 40-50. This allows me to set the cruise and i get 26-28 mpg consistently.
Its a good sign that there only seems to be this one flaw with the lower speed shifting, i think it should be fairly easy to correct. I'm also interested/excited for more owners to start using the tune and giving more feedback to wot-tuning to try and improve on an already good tune
Quote:
chuck, thanks for the reply, was hoping i wasn't the only one having low speed issues, and what you described is exactly what is happening to me. I'll try capturing tomorrow and sending in logs, good that they're hearing it from more than one person.

hello jimogeek (and chuckvanstinkle),

we are working to replicate the described event on our development platforms: If successfully replicated an incremental update will be issued to address this immediately.

However, what i can tell you is that this event does not occur on all vehicles: A datalog of the event will help us to narrow down the vehicle conditions that this is occurring on; out of our development platforms that we started with, low speed drivability is a specific focus and the transmission shifts consistently smooth. Based on the limited reports so far, it may be possible that this condition only exists on a small percentage/minority of vehicles and at that with varying severity depending on vehicle. (jimogeek and chuckvanstinkle, you guys may be describing something different from one another)

this is not to say that there is not a problem, but its one that we did not come across previously: Please accept our apologies for the less than perfect experience while we are working to address and improve the exact conditionset/event.

Thank you,

kayla@trifecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue15coloradolt View Post
reasons like this is why i'm going with a street tune. With the tuner sitting in the front passenger seat, they will be able to feel any issues and on the fly, make the adjustments to the programming.

No adjusting, making a guess, sending back, reloading, testing, sending backing, adjusting again.

the primary area of concern when addressing a street tune or tuner is: Not all tunes are created equal. What is delivered will depend on the circumstances of when the vehicle was tuned and the proficiency of the tuner.

For example, with the "street tune" process that you're describing, what if you discover something that you don't like after you drive away from the tuner? Would your tuner charge for a retune?:

With a trifecta calibration, when compared against a street tune or tuner or "artisan tuner", with a developed and validated calibration we have the following advantages:

1. We do our r&d on our own vehicles: With an "artisan tuner" the learning process is completed on your vehicle, and without any longevity testing or the ability to reproduce the issues reported on a development platform vehicle, depending on the work done troubleshooting anything will require you to bring the vehicle back to the tuner; the process will be more difficult especially if the operating conditions are different between where the tuner is located vs where you are located. For example, a cold start issue or something that you only experience while doing something very specific, etc.

Also previous experience with tuning a bunch of vehicles does not directly translate to proficiency and perfection on a particular vehicle especially if the "artisan tuner" does not have their own vehicle themselves to complete development and testing with.

This is not to say that all artisan tuners are bad however, for example, if you own a corvette c6 and have altered the hardware (aftermarket mods) extensively, such as a heads/cam package, aftermarket fuel injectors, and lets say a turbo kit on top of that, an artisan tuner will still be the most expedient method to at least get the vehicle driving. We have a substantial number of partner shops that use our calibration software/tools to facilitate a thriving ecosystem; however we are their preference for tuning tools not only because we have the most complete software suite and table support out there, but specifically because we provide our validation data and divergent environmental calculation models based on our own validation process for those vehicle types that we are their first preference.

To clarify, our distinguishing qualities are not just that we support things that others do not, but instead our best distinguishing quality is that we have the validation (testing) data to go along with our first to market vehicle support.

2. The data sample collected: With multiple in house development platforms for any vehicle type, we do our own development, validation, and testing on our own vehicles. For example, we test and develop based on our testing across all plausible environments, such as elevation, different climates, and then what happens if you have adverse fuel, etc. With an "artisan tuner", this process is limited usually to the brief period of time that the artisan tuner would spend with the vehicle: This process in my opinion is inherently flawed because if developing a correct tune on your vehicle takes two weeks, what are you going to do? Leave your vehicle with the artisan tuner for two weeks?

With any trifecta calibration and/or trifecta powerkit solution, what you are getting is the accumulation of thousands of hours of development time and testing across divergent environments. So your trifecta calibrated my2015 chevrolet colorado or my2015 gmc canyon will perform consistently, reliably, and consistently reliably no matter where you're at. We develop, test, and then validate thoroughly at all plausible environments, be it the mountains of colorado or a sunny florida beach, so that vehicle reliability will be as good as or exceed stock specifications and requirements.

This data also applies to the entire power envelope and hardware power tolerances: For example, what happens if you apply greater power to the transmission in a cadillac ats lfx (same engine and similar transmission to the my2015 chevrolet colorado 3.6 v6 lfx / my2015 gmc canyon 3.6 v6 lfx)? Lets double the power output and then find out!

Link: http://coloradofans.com/forums/185-e...th-2014-a.html

http://i62.tinypic.com/1zc0oio.jpg

3. With any trifecta calibration we provide the functionality to return the vehicle to stock at any time without incrementing the ecm write counter or increment entries in the flash history. The choice to either have your vehicle stock or calibrated is a choice (with the trifecta calibration series) that you can make at home without the limitation that you'd have to take it to your tuner to effect.

this again does not apply to your extensively modified corvette c6 because returning the hardware to stock will be far more difficult than spending the 15 minutes to return your vehicle completely to stock with a trifecta calibration.

the trifecta powertrain recalibration for the my2015 chevrolet colorado 3.6 lfx and the my2015 gmc canyon 3.6 lfx is also undetectable by any current or known gm diagnostic tools (does not increment write counter, and does not increment flash history entries, matches all cvn, checksums, and file hashes in the e92 ecm; retroactive flash history entry deletion for our partners/affiliates/friends/etc).

We provide this functionality as so that our customers will not be wronged by an aggressive dealership during a dealership visit. Besides dealership visits what if you wanted to effect a specific individualization or if you're trading in the vehicle for something else? To not have the ability to return the vehicle back to stock whenever you want is in my opinion is a pretty serious limitation and affects the freedom to do quite a few things with your truck for example.

4. Gm periodically issues calibration updates to address bugfixes, erratum, and/or to add new features or to effect vehicle recalls. A street tune will be tuned for when the artisan tuner last accessed the vehicle; our policy is to issue incremental updates corresponding with new gm calibration files, usually concurrently.

For any hardware based tsb's and/or part recalls, if you need to take a completely stock truck back to your local dealership, just flash your vehicle back to stock: Your truck is still dealership friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue15coloradolt View Post
and before hand in the v6 camaros.

the my2015 chevrolet colorado 3.6 v6 lfx and the my2015 gmc canyon 3.6 v6 lfx do not share the same ecm as the my2012+ chevrolet camaro 3.6 v6 lfx.

The my2015 chevrolet colorado 3.6 v6 lfx and the my2015 gmc canyon 3.6 v6 lfx use the e92 controller.

Thanks again,

kayla@trifecta

preach!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 942 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 06:00 AM

if you were really concerned about the warranty, id assume you could just buy another PCM, flash that and use it. When you go to the dealer, put the stock one in.
DigitalDan likes this.

2015 Canyon, crew cab, all terrain, 4x4, v6, BFG AT TA KO2 265/70/17 tires with a zone 1.25" kit
post #23 of 942 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 09:05 AM

Kayla, I find it perplexing that you provide these comprehensive posts on a regular basis but have yet to respond to the multiple claims of poor mpg while utilizing your programming.

Current: 2009 Canyon CC I5. 170K miles. Best vehicle I've ever owned.
Eagerly awaiting 2018 Canyon Denali Diesel 4x4 CCLB

post #24 of 942 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
Kayla, I find it perplexing that you provide these comprehensive posts on a regular basis but have yet to respond to the multiple claims of poor mpg while utilizing your programming.
quoted in case she missed it the first time

2015 Canyon, crew cab, all terrain, 4x4, v6, BFG AT TA KO2 265/70/17 tires with a zone 1.25" kit
post #25 of 942 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 03:59 PM
ADMIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla@TRIFECTA View Post
The primary area of concern when addressing a street tune or tuner is: not all tunes are created equal. What is delivered will depend on the circumstances of when the vehicle was tuned and the proficiency of the tuner.

For example, with the "street tune" process that you're describing, what if you discover something that you don't like after you drive away from the tuner? Would your tuner charge for a retune?:

With a TRIFECTA calibration, when compared against a street tune or tuner or "artisan tuner", with a developed and validated calibration we have the following advantages:

1. We do our R&D on our own vehicles: with an "artisan tuner" the learning process is completed on your vehicle, and without any longevity testing or the ability to reproduce the issues reported on a development platform vehicle, depending on the work done troubleshooting anything will require you to bring the vehicle back to the tuner; the process will be more difficult especially if the operating conditions are different between where the tuner is located vs where you are located. For example, a cold start issue or something that you only experience while doing something very specific, etc.

Also previous experience with tuning a bunch of vehicles does not directly translate to proficiency and perfection on a particular vehicle especially if the "artisan tuner" does not have their own vehicle themselves to complete development and testing with.

This is not to say that all artisan tuners are bad however, for example, if you own a Corvette C6 and have altered the hardware (aftermarket mods) extensively, such as a heads/cam package, aftermarket fuel injectors, and lets say a turbo kit on top of that, an artisan tuner will still be the most expedient method to at least get the vehicle driving. We have a substantial number of partner shops that use our calibration software/tools to facilitate a thriving ecosystem; however we are their preference for tuning tools not only because we have the most complete software suite and table support out there, but specifically because we provide our validation data and divergent environmental calculation models based on our own validation process for those vehicle types that we are their first preference.

To clarify, our distinguishing qualities are not just that we support things that others do not, but instead our best distinguishing quality is that we have the validation (testing) data to go along with our first to market vehicle support.

2. The data sample collected: with multiple in house development platforms for any vehicle type, we do our own development, validation, and testing on our own vehicles. For example, we test and develop based on our testing across all plausible environments, such as elevation, different climates, and then what happens if you have adverse fuel, etc. With an "artisan tuner", this process is limited usually to the brief period of time that the artisan tuner would spend with the vehicle: This process in my opinion is inherently flawed because if developing a correct tune on your vehicle takes two weeks, what are you going to do? Leave your vehicle with the artisan tuner for two weeks?

With any TRIFECTA calibration and/or TRIFECTA powerkit solution, what you are getting is the accumulation of thousands of hours of development time and testing across divergent environments. So your TRIFECTA calibrated MY2015 Chevrolet Colorado or MY2015 GMC Canyon will perform consistently, reliably, and consistently reliably no matter where you're at. We develop, test, and then validate thoroughly at all plausible environments, be it the mountains of Colorado or a sunny Florida beach, so that vehicle reliability will be as good as or exceed stock specifications and requirements.

This data also applies to the entire power envelope and hardware power tolerances: for example, what happens if you apply greater power to the transmission in a Cadillac ATS LFX (same engine and similar transmission to the MY2015 Chevrolet Colorado 3.6 V6 LFX / MY2015 GMC Canyon 3.6 V6 LFX)? Lets DOUBLE the power output and then find out!

LINK: http://coloradofans.com/forums/185-e...th-2014-a.html

http://i62.tinypic.com/1zc0oio.jpg

3. With any TRIFECTA calibration we provide the functionality to return the vehicle to stock at any time without incrementing the ECM write counter or increment entries in the flash history. The choice to either have your vehicle stock or calibrated is a choice (with the TRIFECTA calibration series) that you can make at home without the limitation that you'd have to take it to your tuner to effect.

This again does not apply to your extensively modified Corvette C6 because returning the hardware to stock will be far more difficult than spending the 15 minutes to return your vehicle completely to stock with a TRIFECTA calibration.

The TRIFECTA powertrain recalibration for the MY2015 Chevrolet Colorado 3.6 LFX and the MY2015 GMC Canyon 3.6 LFX is also undetectable by any current or known GM diagnostic tools (does not increment write counter, and does not increment flash history entries, matches all CVN, checksums, and file hashes in the E92 ECM; retroactive flash history entry deletion for our partners/affiliates/friends/etc).

We provide this functionality as so that our customers will not be wronged by an aggressive dealership during a dealership visit. Besides dealership visits what if you wanted to effect a specific individualization or if you're trading in the vehicle for something else? To not have the ability to return the vehicle back to stock whenever you want is in my opinion is a pretty serious limitation and affects the freedom to do quite a few things with your truck for example.

4. GM periodically issues calibration updates to address bugfixes, erratum, and/or to add new features or to effect vehicle recalls. A street tune will be tuned for when the artisan tuner last accessed the vehicle; our policy is to issue incremental updates corresponding with new GM calibration files, usually concurrently.

For any hardware based TSB's and/or part recalls, if you need to take a completely stock truck back to your local dealership, just flash your vehicle back to stock: your truck is still dealership friendly.

The MY2015 Chevrolet Colorado 3.6 V6 LFX and the MY2015 GMC Canyon 3.6 V6 LFX do not share the same ECM as the MY2012+ Chevrolet Camaro 3.6 V6 LFX.

The MY2015 Chevrolet Colorado 3.6 V6 LFX and the MY2015 GMC Canyon 3.6 V6 LFX use the E92 controller.

Thanks again,

Kayla@TRIFECTA
It was a lovely sales pitch I must say.

However, my garage houses a modified 2010 Camaro SS (cam, headers, exhaust, cats, stall converter etc) and a 2013 Corvette 427. So I know all about what is involved in tuning and what goes behind it.

Maybe my experience and relationship with my tuner came off the wrong way but pretty much everything you stated in all of your advantages, my tuner guy has the same thing, with maybe the exception of thousands of hours of R&D because he's just one guy compared to your full company.

But he is an electrical technician for a GMC dealer and when the first 2015 Canyon rolled onto the lot, he was there running files on it.

I'm not trying to make this a debate about who's got a bigger/better stick, but I have experience with both street tuners and mail order tuners. As previously posted, I'm not saying your tune is a bad one, I was simply stating my opinion as to why I would choose what I did.

2015 Laser Blue Colorado LT
CC, 4X4, V6, SB

Mods:
LED light bar - 32"
HID headlights
LED fog lights
LED high beams
LED reverse lights
LED license plate lights
LED visor lights
LED dome lights
LED switchback front turn signal lights
LED cargo light turn signal conversion
LED bed lights
LED tail lights
LED sidemarkers
Canyon swapped tail lights
Red painted calipers
Supermod ported throttle body
Silver metallic rally stripes
Super Skidz skid plate
Volant CAI

Have a Colorado but want Canyon tail lights? Or vice versa CLICK HERE

***NOTE***
SITE RULES

post #26 of 942 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumcrazy View Post
if you were really concerned about the warranty, id assume you could just buy another PCM, flash that and use it. When you go to the dealer, put the stock one in.
I think GM caught up with that and can now detect if anything has been altered. No doubt though if you blow an engine and have a tune good luck trying to get them to cover it, mag. warranty act and all!

2014 Double Cab GMC Sierra All Terrain
Iridium Metallic
6.2 Engine
BFG A/T KO 2 Tires
post #27 of 942 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 01:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla@TRIFECTA View Post
...if successfully replicated an individualized calibration and/or incremental update will be issued to address the event/condition immediately.
Question Kayla, if you purchase the Advantage tune (vs. the Elite option), will subsequent tuning updates still be made available?
post #28 of 942 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 02:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin.edwards View Post
How does one get a free demo? And what stops people from buying it and sharing it?
To get the free demo you email them your VIN number. They'll mail out a cord (free of charge) and will post a tuned version for your truck on their website. You download the tune, the software, connect it to your truck, then tune away. Tunes are customized for your VIN so they can't be shared.

The demo tune is the same as the Advantage and Elite tune but with a 140km/h top speed limit. There is no "expiry", you don't pay anything for the cable, and you don't need to return anything. So technically you can use the demo tune forever if you want and don' t mind the speed limitation.

The "Advantage" product removes the speed limitation. The Elite product lets you send them information back and they can further customized the tune. This is useful if you've done other aftermarket modifications. The Elite product will also get you a free version of their intake once it's produced which should further enhance the product.
post #29 of 942 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocol2001 View Post
To get the free demo you email them your VIN number. They'll mail out a cord (free of charge) and will post a tuned version for your truck on their website. You download the tune, the software, connect it to your truck, then tune away. Tunes are customized for your VIN so they can't be shared.

The demo tune is the same as the Advantage and Elite tune but with a 140km/h top speed limit. There is no "expiry", you don't pay anything for the cable, and you don't need to return anything. So technically you can use the demo tune forever if you want and don' t mind the speed limitation.

The "Advantage" product removes the speed limitation. The Elite product lets you send them information back and they can further customized the tune. This is useful if you've done other aftermarket modifications. The Elite product will also get you a free version of their intake once it's produced which should further enhance the product.

It's nice to read a comprehensive answer instead of a 2000+ word sales pitch response.

I assume that the top speed governor can be raised or even eliminated. 99 mph is just fine in most areas, but there have been more than a few times that I've been over 115 in my Tacoma, even with a ZX-14 in the bed and gear (600+\- lbs) and yes, it was necessary when outrunning a drunk on the Fla tpke.

C'mon Len, lets see those dyno curves!!!
post #30 of 942 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 07:29 PM

Why don't you just speak with them directly? They will literally give you a demo for free if your curious about it. I'd like to hear from more people who actually have the tune as well.
post #31 of 942 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 10:17 PM

That's a long response from wot-tuning... I'm trying to get the darn thing resolved, it's made the truck annoying enough I'm ready to flash it back to factory. Like I said, in eco mode when you come to a stop my truck is shuddering like the transmission is still locked in a higher gear, the rpm's drop very low, and then it releases. My truck has actually stalled once or twice now. I've been trying to get them logs but the ezflash application isn't creating them when I turn on logging... I'd also echo the other comment about no noticeable MPG difference in eco mode, I'm not seeing any improvement but the weather has also been screwy so I'll give that some time. I've got about 750 miles on the tune now. The power mode is decent, although it makes the truck much more sensitive to throttle inputs, so much so that you really have to watch it when you're doing low speed maneuvers. I realize not all vehicles are created the same, I may contact them and see if there's someone local who can do a custom tune.
post #32 of 942 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 12:46 AM

Quote:
That's a long response from wot-tuning... I'm trying to get the darn thing resolved, it's made the truck annoying enough I'm ready to flash it back to factory. Like I said, in eco mode when you come to a stop my truck is shuddering like the transmission is still locked in a higher gear, the rpm's drop very low, and then it releases. My truck has actually stalled once or twice now. I've been trying to get them logs but the ezflash application isn't creating them when I turn on logging... I'd also echo the other comment about no noticeable MPG difference in eco mode, I'm not seeing any improvement but the weather has also been screwy so I'll give that some time. I've got about 750 miles on the tune now. The power mode is decent, although it makes the truck much more sensitive to throttle inputs, so much so that you really have to watch it when you're doing low speed maneuvers. I realize not all vehicles are created the same, I may contact them and see if there's someone local who can do a custom tune.
yea. Hoping we get an update soon because that has been pretty frustrating. Although it may be the new exhaust I have or maybe the throttle body but I do see a decent difference in fuel effiencency while in Eco mode (as long as I'm not coming to a stop). And I wasn't seeing any real loses in the powered mode.
post #33 of 942 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 04:04 AM
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors

Arrow

Quote:

Hello plumcrazy,

You'd still have to do the immobilizer relearn every time you swap the ECM; a diagnostic tool capable of doing the immobilizer relearn will likely exceed the cost of just simply installing a TRIFECTA calibration which does not increment the write counter.

Additional issues such as mismatched ECM serial numbers may also bring increased scrutiny during a powertrain related warranty claim.

Its a catch 22 problem when attempting the ECM replacement route: to be able to swap ECMs without the immobilizer security relearn, you will most likely need a VATS disable ECM, however if you have a VATS disabled ECM, then its no longer stock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
Quote:
quoted in case she missed it the first time

Hi Suns_PSD,

While fuel economy will depend primarily on how the vehicle was driven: with improved power and response, a TRIFECTA calibration installed on a MY2015 Chevrolet Colorado or MY2015 GMC Canyon has the potential of consuming more fuel when driven aggressively; the calibration will improve fuel economy if the vehicle was driven with a fuel conservation minded driving approach.

However, we are currently working to release via incremental update a revision to the TRIFECTA dedicated ECO mode (TRIFECTA Interactive Driver Selectable Vehicle Mode: selectable via the Cruise Control arm states) that should improve fuel economy consistently over stock. The current ECO mode (DEC 2014.0) still places a priority on power delivery and towing compatibility, neither of which will help fuel economy; the current revision also does not utilize our design specifications for ECO+ (with consideration to power delivery and towing compatibility), which will improve fuel economy generally without a conscious effort from the driver. Future incremental updates and releases will also include ECO+ and Sport mode as selectable options that can be loaded to replace the current selectable modes.

To clarify, we acknowledge that the current ECO mode can and should be improved: and we are working on that presently: to improve specifically the fuel economy of the next ECO mode revision.

As a temporary workaround until the next incremental update completes the validation process and is available for general release, we can provide our DSVM MKI (Select-a-Tune MKI) as an individualization for any affected customers that will select between Tour and Stock+ instead of selecting between Tour and ECO. When Stock+ is selected, the vehicle will engage the stock calibration instead of ECO -> TRIFECTA DSVM MKI (Select-a-Tune MKI).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beondwacko View Post
I assume that the top speed governor can be raised or even eliminated. 99 mph is just fine in most areas, but there have been more than a few times that I've been over 115 in my Tacoma, even with a ZX-14 in the bed and gear (600+\- lbs) and yes, it was necessary when outrunning a drunk on the Fla tpke.

Does this help?

http://i60.tinypic.com/169khed.jpg

Quote:
That's a long response from wot-tuning... I'm trying to get the darn thing resolved
Quote:
I'm not seeing any improvement but the weather has also been screwy so I'll give that some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUCKVANSTINKLE View Post
yea. Hoping we get an update soon because that has been pretty frustrating. Although it may be the new exhaust I have or maybe the throttle body but I do see a decent difference in fuel effiencency while in Eco mode (as long as I'm not coming to a stop). And I wasn't seeing any real loses in the powered mode.

Hello jimogeek,

As a temporary workaround (until the issue is diagnosed and addressed either via an incremental update or an individualization), we can provide our DSVM MKI (Select-a-Tune MKI) as an individualization that will select between Tour and Stock+ instead of selecting between Tour and ECO.

With DSVM MKI (Select-a-Tune MKI), instead of selecting ECO mode with the cruise control arm switch, the vehicle will select/engage the stock calibration instead of the current ECO mode.

We are also in the process of finding a vehicle that exhibits this condition so we can identify and address the specific event (this event does not occur on all vehicles). We actually found what we thought was a vehicle that exhibits this condition yesterday, but after diagnosis it turns out that it was just low on transmission fluid so thats not the same thing; we will continue to search for a vehicle that exhibits this condition but in the meanwhile please contact customer service for the above individualization as a temporary workaround.

Thank you,

Kayla@TRIFECTA

Quote:

Hi CHUCKVANSTINKLE,

An incremental update that specifically improves the current ECO mode should be released in the next few weeks or so, however with that said we are presently testing a free(er) flowing exhaust and if any changes will need to be made to the calibration file based on the results (with primary catalytic converter pipes replaced with straight through / high flow test sections). I'd be happy to have customer service issue you a specific individualized calibration based on the conclusion of the exhaust testing process should there be any improvements made. (The current calibration is compatible with a high flow cat-back exhaust setup already.)

However, through our individualization program specific transmission individualization can be effected as well. For example, if you feel like that you would prefer a firmer 2-1 full throttle downshift or lets say if through a datalog that we determine that a ported throttle body affects the part throttle shift harshness due to increased low end airflow, we can individualize for softer shifts as well for example.

The general release of a dedicated Sport mode (replacing the current Tow/Haul mode) is also pending final validation currently: if you find the current fuel efficiency satisfactory Sport and Sport+ will definitely make the vehicle more exciting and fun to drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocol2001 View Post
Question Kayla, if you purchase the Advantage tune (vs. the Elite option), will subsequent tuning updates still be made available?

Hello protocol2001,

Yes, incremental updates and general update releases once released are available to all TRIFECTA Advantage Calibration customers. Individualization (custom tuning) (in addition to incremental updates and general update releases) is available to TRIFECTA Elite tier service package customers.

Individualization differs from incremental updates and general update releases by offering specific calibration individualization for aftermarket hardware support and custom hardware builds. With a TRIFECTA Elite service package for the MY2015 Chevrolet Colorado 3.6L LFX and the MY2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L LFX, a high flow intake (when released) is also included.

Incremental updates and general update releases refer to featureset improvements or bugfixes that will apply to all vehicles. Incremental updates refer to featureset improvements and/or the addition or replacement of features and general update releases usually coincide with new GM calibration part numbers and/or GM calibration updates and/or GM TSB's/recalls.

To clarify, as an TRIFECTA Elite service package customer, if lets say a GM recall was issued that included a new calibration file as part of the recall, a new individualized cal for your specific hardware build will be reconstructed to include the improvements made from the GM calibration file in addition then to the individualization specific to your vehicle.

To summarize: incremental updates (with new features added/released) or general updates (corresponding with a GM calibration file and/or bugfixes and/or erratum) are provided to all TRIFECTA Calibration customers.

Thank you,

Kayla@TRIFECTA
post #34 of 942 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Interested in this sport+ mode. Once installed will my colorado maintain its user drivability while also allowing hidden rocket thrusters to be deployed So I can drive upside down through the mid-town tunnel like in men in black?
Warghost likes this.
post #35 of 942 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beondwacko View Post
It's nice to read a comprehensive answer instead of a 2000+ word sales pitch response.

C'mon Len, lets see those dyno curves!!!
My brother and I are too busy snowmobiling, LOL!! I'm trying to pin him down to do a pull.
DigitalDan likes this.

lennstang
post #36 of 942 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 08:25 AM

Got an update from wot tuning for my Eco mode, firstly the shifting issue has been resolved but secondly mpgs have gone up considerably especially considering I've pit 33x11 wheels on. I know it's only a 10 mile run but it was a mix of in town and highway driving. The whole tube regarding Eco mode seems to be altered. Not sure if the low speed gear shifting had a bigger impact on lower throttle response but it's a bit more conservative and I think it helps when leaving from a stop. Going to send a datalog in today and ask them what exactly they changed but so far is say it's a pretty big improvement.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1422019366191.jpg (88.8 KB, 371 views)
post #37 of 942 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 09:52 AM

That 27mpg looks nice, keep updating :)

And yours is a v6 still, right?

Last edited by LordThunderbum; 01-23-2015 at 10:29 AM.
post #38 of 942 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordThunderbum View Post
That 27mpg looks nice, keep updating :)

And yours is a v6 still, right?

Yes
post #39 of 942 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 04:18 PM

Wow 27mpg, I'm really going to have to look into this now. My mind is made up except worried about voiding my warrenty.
post #40 of 942 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Kayla, I've sent in 2 requests that have been unanswered on the Trifecta site. Username is lennstang. Thanks.

lennstang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode