Trifecta Tune - user impressions - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 419Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 956 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 11:27 AM

Len, have you heard back from Trifecta to have your issues resolved?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 956 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 11:40 AM

Inquiring minds want to know
post #43 of 956 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 04:51 PM

How are the tunes holding up?

post #44 of 956 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

They have sent me an updated tune. I'll be installing it this week. Hopefully getting on the dyno also.

lennstang
post #45 of 956 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 11:02 AM
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to say thanks to those of you who have given us positive feedback. We do appreciate your patience while we individualize or address issues the community brings up.

The most recent report of the vehicle not downshifting to maintain speed while CC is on going uphill is being addressed. In fact, an update was sent out to one of our customers that reported the behavior. So, this one should be resolved soon and an update will be provided.

Lenn, we would also appreciate your feedback via the WOT-Tuning ticket we have going, once you install and test.

Thanks!

TRIFECTA Direct Reseller

Colorado / Canyon 3.6L: +31 TQ / 27 HP
Colorado / Canyon 2.5L: +25 TQ / 16HP

Visit http://www.trifectaperformance.com to order your TRIFECTA calibration today or email info@trifectaperformance.com for more information.
Make sure to like us on Facebook:
TRIFECTA PERFORMANCE
post #46 of 956 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 10:11 PM

I'm experiencing the same behavior of not downshifting, really annoying but the overall MPGs are up which is positive. I've had the latest tweak for a week or two and it's not adjusting/changing. I'll download the latest ezflash and see if I can finally record logs and will submit them to get it adjusted.
post #47 of 956 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 01:46 AM

Garage
Just Installed the Trifecta Tune...Wow

If you flash back to stock does it keep what it has "learned" from before you flashed it originally?
post #48 of 956 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 11:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by loptr View Post
If you flash back to stock does it keep what it has "learned" from before you flashed it originally?
Most likely not. None of the tunes that I know of will allow the vehicle to "learn" how it was just tuned. I'm not an expert though, just tuned all of my vehicles.

“Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States cannot make it without Texas.” – Sam Houston

http://coloradofans.com/forums/79-sa...ide-steps.html

^^^2015 Canyon/Colorado Side Steps for sale!!!
post #49 of 956 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 12:23 PM

Garage
Just Installed the Trifecta Tune...Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfleyva View Post
Most likely not. None of the tunes that I know of will allow the vehicle to "learn" how it was just tuned. I'm not an expert though, just tuned all of my vehicles.

I was thinking the other way.. I've read the stock ecu will learn your habits/style. Just wondering if it goes back to that or if it's starting over from scratch.
post #50 of 956 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loptr View Post
I was thinking the other way.. I've read the stock ecu will learn your habits/style. Just wondering if it goes back to that or if it's starting over from scratch.
Stock or tuned, the ECM does 'learn' your driving habits. However, anytime you flash the vehicle to go back to stock or to install the custom programming using EZ Flash, most of the adaptives are wiped out, and it starts to 'learn' all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimogeek View Post
I'm experiencing the same behavior of not downshifting, really annoying but the overall MPGs are up which is positive. I've had the latest tweak for a week or two and it's not adjusting/changing. I'll download the latest ezflash and see if I can finally record logs and will submit them to get it adjusted.
Jim, you never replied to my email via WOT ticket system. However, if you could try out the latest version of EZ Flash, posted to your downloads, v1.25, and let me know what happens that would be great.

I am starting to suspect your laptop or hardware config as being the culprit as no one else has issues not being able to record a data log. If its an older laptop, the USB ports may be at fault here.

You are on the latest update, so a log capturing the behavior you are reporting is essential for us to assist you.

Please let me know if there is anything I can assist with in the meantime.

-Michael

TRIFECTA Direct Reseller

Visit http://www.trifectaperformance.com to order your TRIFECTA calibration today or email info@trifectaperformance.com for more information.
TRIFECTA PERFORMANCE
post #51 of 956 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 06:37 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennstang View Post
Just loaded the Trifecta tune into my Colorado. Everything went smooth. Did notice after the initial tune was loaded that it looked like things were done. The screen showed a dialog box which vanished suddenly making it look like the tune was done loading. I waited a bit... and sure enough, another dialog box appeared showing more tuning going on. It was about a 10 second delay between dialog boxes. This is where I think people who have purchased the tune are turning off the key and unplugging the cable. When the tune is finished installing, a dialog box pops up and says "install complete. you may now turn off the key and remove the cable." This is most likely why some of the tunes aren't working properly...the tune isn't finished installing. So how does it transform the truck? It's amazing...just night and day better than stock. You immediately feel the extra low end power. This is where this tune is providing the extra power. The truck no longer struggles to accelerate. Throttle response is great. It feels like I'm driving my 6.2 Silverado. Just amazed how much more torque is available. It's totally worth every penny. I have 6K miles on my truck now. Wish I had this tune 5999 miles ago. I'll keep everyone posted as I get more time in the saddle!
i used trifecta on my cruze. real good customer support. made a big difference in power and mpg. mine was set up for cruise control to be eco mode. on the cruze it up'd the boost to 23psi peak and put out about 180hp/200trq

2015 Chev Colorado Z71 4x4 CC LB Black. Bose, Trailer package
ordered: 02/07/15 // Took Ownership: 09/05/2015!
1995 Chev Camaro SS/1LE
post #52 of 956 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 06:48 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrphs View Post
What does this do to the warranty? I am very curious as to the end outcomes, hope you all can convince me.
i put the trifecta tune on my cruze, had it at the dealer a few times and they never said anything. even when i traded it in they dident say anything.

that being said. if something were to happen and they looked closely it, if the damage was cause by (or so they say) the tune that would void your warranty.

1995 Chev Camaro SS/1LE
post #53 of 956 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsSScamaro1le View Post
i used trifecta on my cruze. real good customer support. made a big difference in power and mpg. mine was set up for cruise control to be eco mode. on the cruze it up'd the boost to 23psi peak and put out about 180hp/200trq
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsSScamaro1le View Post
i put the trifecta tune on my cruze, had it at the dealer a few times and they never said anything. even when i traded it in they dident say anything.

that being said. if something were to happen and they looked closely it, if the damage was cause by (or so they say) the tune that would void your warranty.
Glad you enjoyed our product on your Cruze! Thanks for the props :)

Also, as you stated, the programming is undetectable. We put lots of R&D into making the calibration look 100% stock. CVN's, checksums, and the write counter stays stock.

A manufacturer would first need to find that the ECM was modified and then prove that the failure was due to the specific mod to void your warranty.

With our product, the risk is lessened drastically :)

TRIFECTA Direct Reseller

TRIFECTA PERFORMANCE

Last edited by WOT-Tuning; 02-20-2015 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Replaced dramtically with drastically :)
post #54 of 956 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 01:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOT-Tuning View Post
Stock or tuned, the ECM does 'learn' your driving habits. However, anytime you flash the vehicle to go back to stock or to install the custom programming using EZ Flash, most of the adaptives are wiped out, and it starts to 'learn' all over again.

Do you have any comparisons or theoreticals on an aggressive/power adapted ecm vs tuned?
post #55 of 956 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 01:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Glad you enjoyed our product on your Cruze! Thanks for the props :)

Also, as you stated, the programming is undetectable. We put lots of R&D into making the calibration look 100% stock. CVN's, checksums, and the write counter stays stock.

A manufacturer would first need to find that the ECM was modified and then prove that the failure was due to the specific mod to void your warranty.

With our product, the risk is lessened dramatically :)
thats reassuring! id look into getting the tune for my colorado but i really dont feel like paying for premium in two vehicles again LOL

again great job on the cruze tune. really woke the car up. i also had the fordge racing atmo bov and it really made it hilariously enteraining to drive LOL

1995 Chev Camaro SS/1LE
post #56 of 956 (permalink) Old 02-19-2015, 10:35 PM

I've been travelling for work and then sick the last few days, will attempt to get logs and get the tune adjusted tomorrow and report back.
post #57 of 956 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to say thanks to those of you who have given us positive feedback. We do appreciate your patience while we individualize or address issues the community brings up.

The most recent report of the vehicle not downshifting to maintain speed while CC is on going uphill is being addressed. In fact, an update was sent out to one of our customers that reported the behavior. So, this one should be resolved soon and an update will be provided.

Lenn, we would also appreciate your feedback via the WOT-Tuning ticket we have going, once you install and test.

Thanks!
I'll be installing the updated tune this morning. I'll post my results after the weekend.

lennstang
post #58 of 956 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimogeek View Post
I've been travelling for work and then sick the last few days, will attempt to get logs and get the tune adjusted tomorrow and report back.
No worries Jim! Replied to your WOT-Tuning SR. Thanks :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennstang View Post
I'll be installing the updated tune this morning. I'll post my results after the weekend.
Sounds good! We appreciate the feedback.

TRIFECTA Direct Reseller

TRIFECTA PERFORMANCE
post #59 of 956 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 09:37 PM

Subscribed
post #60 of 956 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1952 View Post
Subscribed
Have you tried our demo program of the TRIFECTA calibration yet? If not, you should, its totally free!

Our newest update to the programming addresses some of the early quirks some of our customers experienced.

It really does liven up your driving experience and allows it to be more dynamic by providing you with different engine profiles you can engage on the fly. The most popular of the two being ECO and Performance modes.

Feel free to contact us at info@wot-tuning.com for more information.

TRIFECTA Direct Reseller

TRIFECTA PERFORMANCE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode