Trifecta Tune - user impressions - Page 48 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 415Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #941 of 952 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 08:34 PM

Forgive me if I missed other posts/threads, but does anyone know if tuning for the ZR2 will be different? I'm looking at the V6 pretty hard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #942 of 952 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsjolseth View Post
I've had the tune since the end of 2015. The only reason I bought the premium tune is because trifecta told me I'd get a cold air intake. Where is it??

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I would like to know this also.... I think they forgot about us. Or really don't care. I own a business also but would never treat my customers like this!!!!
post #943 of 952 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 12:12 PM
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbait View Post
I would like to know this also.... I think they forgot about us. Or really don't care. I own a business also but would never treat my customers like this!!!!
Hello. We understand. We have actually posted about this several times: the decision was made to delay the release until we had a working calibration for the newer LGZ/8spd Colorado/Canyon so that we could test the intake on it as well.

Development is ongoing.

TRIFECTA Direct Reseller

Colorado / Canyon 3.6L: +31 TQ / 27 HP
Colorado / Canyon 2.5L: +25 TQ / 16HP

Visit http://www.trifectaperformance.com to order your TRIFECTA calibration today or email info@trifectaperformance.com for more information.
Make sure to like us on Facebook:
TRIFECTA PERFORMANCE

post #944 of 952 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 01:57 PM

Interesting....................................... ................................
post #945 of 952 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOT-Tuning View Post
Hello. We understand. We have actually posted about this several times: the decision was made to delay the release until we had a working calibration for the newer LGZ/8spd Colorado/Canyon so that we could test the intake on it as well.

Development is ongoing.
So, in other words, you have a rested working tune for the 2016 but you need the only one intake for testing on the 2017...your customer service is definitely one of a kind.
post #946 of 952 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 11:32 AM

I was not satisfied with there customer service when I was interested in buying a tune ,, they couldn't even answer my questions on basic specifics because apparently they didn't know .

2016 Z71, Rear Wheel drive, aFe power air box, Gibson exhaust, Hypertech Tuner,, Westin boards, WeatherTech flap, LLoyd mats..
post #947 of 952 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnspeed View Post
I was not satisfied with there customer service when I was interested in buying a tune ,, they couldn't even answer my questions on basic specifics because apparently they didn't know .
Thats inaccurate. You wanted VERY specific information, which is not really necessary to share in our view. You wanted exact shift point numbers and other data that's not really typically shared on a regular sales inquiry. You fit into that 1% of customers that really want to be involved and have a say, which our product does not necessarily cater to.

We offer a calibration that serves the rest of the 99% that just want a functioning truck, thats fun to drive, provides better performance, and is a better overall daily. Thats what we offer.

TRIFECTA Direct Reseller

Visit http://www.trifectaperformance.com to order your TRIFECTA calibration today or email info@trifectaperformance.com for more information.
TRIFECTA PERFORMANCE
post #948 of 952 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbait View Post
Interesting....................................... ................................
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsy View Post
So, in other words, you have a rested working tune for the 2016 but you need the only one intake for testing on the 2017...your customer service is definitely one of a kind.
Our intent is to design an intake that fits both trucks without modification. Our market research suggests that many people may consider upgrading to the LGZ truck in the future, especially after people realize how superior the transmission is in the new truck. For people in that situation, we feel it would be advantageous if our intake can also be moved from one truck to the other without requiring the purchase a new intake system.

This may seem counter intuitive for people in the hardware business, as they monetize the sale of parts, but our core business is tuning. With very few exceptions, anybody who has an intake from any other company will be forced to purchase a new intake if they upgrade from the LFX to the LGZ.

We understand some may not agree with this but that is the route we chose to take.

TRIFECTA Direct Reseller

TRIFECTA PERFORMANCE
post #949 of 952 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 12:51 PM

LOL,, I have never had a tuner not answer Specific questions on thier tune in all my years of have tunes for my vehicles,,, except for you guys . FACT !!

2016 Z71, Rear Wheel drive, aFe power air box, Gibson exhaust, Hypertech Tuner,, Westin boards, WeatherTech flap, LLoyd mats..
post #950 of 952 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Our intent is to design an intake that fits both trucks without modification. Our market research suggests that many people may consider upgrading to the LGZ truck in the future, especially after people realize how superior the transmission is in the new truck. For people in that situation, we feel it would be advantageous if our intake can also be moved from one truck to the other without requiring the purchase a new intake system.

This may seem counter intuitive for people in the hardware business, as they monetize the sale of parts, but our core business is tuning. With very few exceptions, anybody who has an intake from any other company will be forced to purchase a new intake if they upgrade from the LFX to the LGZ.

We understand some may not agree with this but that is the route we chose to take.
So you feel that making those of us who purchased the elite in the beginning wait years for the Cai that was promised to us when purchased ? I am confident that most of use would have purchased a lesser tune or a tune somewhere else if we new it would take years. At least that way we would have the extra cash to purchase one elsewhere.How about some form of reimbursement so that we can do just that.
tsjolseth and cesharp3 like this.
post #951 of 952 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:

I'm really not sure what to think of this bs. How about the intent to give your customers what you promised them.
post #952 of 952 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 09:47 PM

It seems they can not give answers to potential customers about their product Either ,, sorry they said above they only cater to their type of customers. .. I Can not make stuff up like this . LOL

Last edited by johnspeed; 05-26-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode