Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

6L50 CPVA - GM Techlink Article

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  motorhead 
#1 ·
Just published earlier today for Dealership service operations is this article regarding the 6L50 and its CPVA.

6L50 Automatic Transmission Centrifugal Pendulum Vibration Absorber

Once again this is copyrighted information so I will not reproduce it here. But the hyperlink may function for non GM domain users.

Sadly, there is no mention of how the 6L50 will handle all of the baby Duramax's torque.

#6 ·
That's not explicitly clear. However, knowing GM's obsession with weight and cost, I think it's safe to say that this is specific to its pairing with a Duramax.

#7 ·
Sadly, there is no mention of how the 6L50 will handle all of the baby Duramax's torque.
It'll be fine. Chances are the torque converter will not have the same degree of multiplication as a gas-type engine. So the 480ft/lbs "gear box torque" threshold will not be exceeded.

Lots of info here under 6L50 (MYB)
Powertrain Products

#8 ·
I have an acquaintance at Myers Baseline. They do a lot of 4T65HDs there that GM put behind LS4. Just sayin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.