A/C Cutting out? - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexica View Post
It's nuts...because I'd imagine they make money to fix it. Call gm, they worked pretty hard once gm called them. Both the head service guy and the foreman were on it. I'd volunteer to recreate the problem for them when it's on the computer though.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
yeah good idea, thanks. I copy and pasted your resolution to a google drive document and I'm going to take it in and say look he was having the same problem and dealer sent him away 3 times... this is my 3rd time... we need to fix this.

:D Squash plate or whole compressor they better get rollin' or I'll get GM involved as well.
mexica likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bell View Post
yeah good idea, thanks. I copy and pasted your resolution to a google drive document and I'm going to take it in and say look he was having the same problem and dealer sent him away 3 times... this is my 3rd time... we need to fix this.

:D Squash plate or whole compressor they better get rollin' or I'll get GM involved as well.
"Swash" plate, AKA wobble plate - part of a variable displacement compressor. I'm having to research this myself, due to the compressor in effect intermittently cutting back to nothing (and staying there too long) at highway speeds.

The dealer is not being cooperative, is saying that wild swings in the vent temp are "normal" as designed. This doesn't even pass the laugh test - Why should a continuously variable capacity compressor generate more erratic vent temps than the old non-variable style which was either off or on?

Last edited by Two Door; 05-16-2017 at 10:18 PM.
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 12:13 AM

Garage
Mine is doing the same thing. The temp being blown out the vents swings wildly. For me anyways, it seems to happen the longer I drive. At one point 85 degree air was blowing out the vents:

Where just a few min prior I was getting 45 degree air.

Over a 3 hour trip I took over the weekend, I took a few down pictures of the temp out of the vents swinging by 40-50 degrees. I have had two dealers try to recreate this but to no end. Not sure what to do from here.
Two Door likes this.

" I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work." -C. Titus

post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 05:22 PM

currently have my truck at the dealer right now dealing with this issue. I am getting the run around they have tested it on the computer and checked the pressures and everything looks good so they tell me. I then asked them to contact GM and they did but according to GM there are no bulletins for this issue in the database. So they are telling me to come pick the truck up. Not sure what else to do I have suggested the compressor and expansion valves but they said the checked they ran all showed everything is working fine. I also told them I have only experienced this issue when the temps outside are in the 90s+ which this week the temps here are only in the 70s.

interested to hear from anyone who has successfully got the dealer to correct the issue what they had to do to convince them to replace something?
bnemmie and Two Door like this.
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 06:05 PM

I have a bit of an update on my truck with regards to the AC system cutting out. My truck has been at the dealer now for over a week with them running various tests on it to try and catch the problem happening, which they have not been able to do as of yet. I have been on the phone daily with them to try and push them in a direction to change some parts especially after reading some of the responses in this thread. I was pushing for a condenser and expansion valve replacement. They kept insisting that they are not going to throw parts at the problem with out seeing the issue happen.

I called them this morning and got a little heated with the manager there about having my truck for a week now without doing anything. That put the pressure on them and they ended up contacting GM again this morning and talking to a tech there about the problem. Long story short after talking with the GM techs for the 2nd time over the last week, they were finally able to find an unpublished GM tech bulletin relating to the issue. This means that as of right now they are going to swap the condenser and compressor on my truck to resolve the issue.

This overall has been really annoying to deal with and was the overall reason I waited so long to finally take the truck in to have the problem dealt with. Anyone out there getting the run around about this issue with their own canyon/colorado I encourage you to keep pressure on the dealer or they will just tell you to take the truck back like they tried to do with me twice over the last week.

If I can get a reference to this tech bulletin I will post the number in here at some point
mexica and Two Door like this.

Last edited by HaruTheNinja; 05-25-2017 at 10:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode