post #61 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 10:41 AM
WPG

Garage
LOL, believe you guys missed the point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 01:48 PM

everyone so angry lol

as an emt/fireman driving at high speeds is always taking a risk, you can be going at 90 and the guy whose down the road is going to change into your lane doing 65 just because he wants too. Its all about how much risk you want to take i dont venture over 70 in a 65 during moderate traffic going any faster will only take 2-3 minutes off my travel time and if it was that important you should have left earlier. Now if its empty and no cars for miles I will go a little faster.

it all comes down to what risk you want because a ticket at 30 over the limit and 20 over the limit are two different headaches here in NY and doing 30+ over the limit can be the end of your license completely.

post #63 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPG View Post
LOL, believe you guys missed the point.

Must have. So please elaborate, what was the point we missed?

'16 Z71 CC/SB Minimax. Brownstone. 5" SS boards, Quad fold tonneau, Wheel well flares. Spray in liner, swing out tool boxes, Bose & Nav. Weathertech vent shades, floor liners and mud flaps.

post #64 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 10:08 PM

Did someone say 100 mph was plenty fast for a truck...I think this guy would disagree
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irmdBAgl9Vc

2015 Cyber Gray Z71 CC LB Navi Bose Trailer Pkg
Fold-A-Cover
3" Assist Steps
Cravenspeed Shorty Antenna
Dee-Zee Bed Mat
Interior LED's
Debadge & Plasti-Dip Bowties
Tinted Windows
McGard Anti Theft Tailgate Lock
post #65 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 05:48 PM
WPG

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoxchaser View Post
Must have. So please elaborate, what was the point we missed?
If you look at the pic I posted at the time I made the comment. "TO ME" 70 is no different than 100
post #66 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 06:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by redriderjf87 View Post
More than anything, I'm just curious how the salesman responded to going 100 on the test drive. Yours must be pretty chill.
Are you kidding? Most of those guys will do ANYTHING to make a sell. ahahahaha

Usually they just give me the keys and wait (hope) I come back, or hope I don't? Maybe if it gets stolen or wrecked the insurance pays for it and it's considered a sell?!? LOL

Sent from the butt crack of California.
2016 Colorado 4x4 CC SB V6
AS level/lift 2.5" w/1" rear block and diff drop
275/70-17 Cooper AT3 on MotoMetal 970s
Scary, evil looking, black, warranty voiding catch can
post #67 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 08:47 PM

I think some really need to consider where some folks live and drive.

In some areas 100 mph can be fine safely and at no risk up anyone. Anyone in west TX can attest to that.

Even the tow trucks there are over 100 mph as they have to race to the call or lose the job.

Now in other areas it is a hazard.

Then you have areas where you have no choice as the 5 in LA can be all moving at 90 mph and you will get run over if you slow down. In the north we ran 110 for well over an hour since there is no one around.

Most of today's vehicle operate at higher speeds well but the tires are often the limiting factor. the limiters just stop the law suits or at least some of them.

Just wait till the autonomous cars hit and they try to enter a freeway at the speed limit while most are at 70-80 mph like in most areas. That is going yo be a real problem.
post #68 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 04:31 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperv6 View Post

Then you have areas where you have no choice as the 5 in LA can be all moving at 90 mph and you will get run over if you slow down.

There is a 5 in Louisiana also? The I5 in Los Angeles the speed is more like 12mph, when it moves at all....lol
dave66rivi likes this.

post #69 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 10:48 AM

[QUOTE=JScottM;4277545]There is a 5 in Louisiana also? The I5 in Los Angeles the speed is more like 12mph, when it moves at all....lol[/QUOTE

This is California.

4-7 PM some areas can be slow but from Anaheim to San Diego it can be moving 90 MPH.

I had one of my fastest runs one early evening from San Diego to Disney. I got on and hung on as I was bumper to bumper but 80-90 MPH just keeping up.

Later evening it always is moving too.

Get North of the Grape Vine and Bakersfield and it just flat out is open road.

Now in down town LA like near Dodger Stadium it can be a parking lot. Even if it is moving too fast the CHP will do moving road blocks to slow them down if there are wrecks ahead.

I do not live there but I do get to spend a lot of time there and see a lot of crazy things.
Here in Ohio speeding is a death penalty offence.

In So Cal if I am in LA I eat dinner and head back home to SD after 8 PM many times to save the traffic. I even have done the PCH to Newport Beach to eat and then wait it out.
post #70 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 01:16 PM

Garage
[quote=hyperv6;4277881]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JScottM View Post
There is a 5 in Louisiana also? The I5 in Los Angeles the speed is more like 12mph, when it moves at all....lol[/QUOTE

This is California.

4-7 PM some areas can be slow but from Anaheim to San Diego it can be moving 90 MPH.

I had one of my fastest runs one early evening from San Diego to Disney. I got on and hung on as I was bumper to bumper but 80-90 MPH just keeping up.

Later evening it always is moving too.

Get North of the Grape Vine and Bakersfield and it just flat out is open road.

Now in down town LA like near Dodger Stadium it can be a parking lot. Even if it is moving too fast the CHP will do moving road blocks to slow them down if there are wrecks ahead.

I do not live there but I do get to spend a lot of time there and see a lot of crazy things.
Here in Ohio speeding is a death penalty offence.

In So Cal if I am in LA I eat dinner and head back home to SD after 8 PM many times to save the traffic. I even have done the PCH to Newport Beach to eat and then wait it out.
Yeah I know, I was kidding. I'm in Bakersfield and you are spot on. I go to LA every once in awhile and it used to be just around 9am and 5pm it was bad. It's bad ALL freaking day now. Makes me wonder where all those people are going. lol I'm glad I don't live in that shit. I5 though Bakersfield is getting bad now too though. The worst being southbound getting on 58. Soooo many trucks.........I hate traffic, stresses me out.......Luckily most places in Bakersfield I need to go to I can avoid I5 completely.

And to stay on topic, I haven't read all these posts but did the OP ever say why he feels the need to go OVER 100? I think its been decades now that cars have had speed limiters. I'm thinking go buy a Corvette or something and try for 200! leave your poor little Colorado alone. LOL

Last edited by JScottM; 05-17-2017 at 01:28 PM.
post #71 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScottM View Post
And to stay on topic, I haven't read all these posts but did the OP ever say why he feels the need to go OVER 100? I think its been decades now that cars have had speed limiters. I'm thinking go buy a Corvette or something and try for 200! leave your poor little Colorado alone. LOL
Did the OP say he wanted people to question why he wants to go over 100? No, but that's how this forum works though. Someone asks a question, and then gets a few responses from people saying it can't be done, it shouldn't be done, or why do you want that to be done... Then, finally someone answers the question (maybe) and then it gets lost in the 20 other posts saying the same dumb "why" question.

My previous 2017 vehicle (from another brand, of course) had a limiter closer to 130 mph, the 2015 before was the same, the 2012 was around 120 mph, and all of my previous older cars had no governor.

I've hit the 98 pretty often in this truck, and it would be nice to be able to even go 110 (and stay under the tire ratings), but I get why the governor is there, and I understand if I want it gone, I have to tune. (It would be nice to have a more simple, less expensive device that doesn't affect the engine parameters though)

Instead of questioning why, answer the damn question. It's not hard to do.
WPG and thegraham77 like this.
post #72 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 09:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
Did the OP say he wanted people to question why he wants to go over 100? No, but that's how this forum works though. Someone asks a question, and then gets a few responses from people saying it can't be done, it shouldn't be done, or why do you want that to be done... Then, finally someone answers the question (maybe) and then it gets lost in the 20 other posts saying the same dumb "why" question.

My previous 2017 vehicle (from another brand, of course) had a limiter closer to 130 mph, the 2015 before was the same, the 2012 was around 120 mph, and all of my previous older cars had no governor.

I've hit the 98 pretty often in this truck, and it would be nice to be able to even go 110 (and stay under the tire ratings), but I get why the governor is there, and I understand if I want it gone, I have to tune. (It would be nice to have a more simple, less expensive device that doesn't affect the engine parameters though)

Instead of questioning why, answer the damn question. It's not hard to do.
Well, if you want to be anal/exact about it...the heading/title of the post was "A governor really?" That's kinda vague. Sounds a lot like a question why. Right?

So to make you happy here goes:

YES, IT HAS A SPEED LIMITER, TO DISABLE IT YOU MUST GET SOME KIND OF MODIFICATION TO THE ECM SUCH AS A "TUNE".

happy now? LOL just having fun Monkey :)

Just FYI, back in the good old days, (when I was a young auto tech) I heard you could disable the speedo as to not let the ECM know how fast you are going so you weren't limited. Too bad you didn't know how fast you were going either.. LOL
GraniteBlue05 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode