Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

MBRP Exhaust - Good Deal!

20K views 57 replies 22 participants last post by  Johnnyone 
#1 ·
#8 ·
I will be orderding from BNR they have awesome customer service and really try to get you thr best deal possible. I will be using their tunes in thr future. They even recognize military and first responders for an added discount. This is an awesome company and very legit with quick response for any questions you have! I found my go to company for performance parts!

#6 ·
I enjoy mine as well, loud and the girlfriend hates it but I love it!

While I love the sound of a good V8 I also like V6's.

#15 ·
Is the rebate still going on for the exhaust?

#17 ·
I placed an order just before I posted about the rebate. I was just wondering if it was still available. Thanks for the update.

#18 ·
For those of you that have installed the MBRP XP exhaust, how do you like it? Any noticeable drone?

#21 ·
Mbrp

Yeah, a little drone under acceleration in lower RPMS. Goes away when cruising. IMO, truck was too quiet. Even my all stock Tahoe made a little rumble. XP is a little louder than I'd like, but better than before. Very easy install on stock Z71 with factory 18s. Didn't even have to jack it up.

#20 ·
Hmmmm..
They don't say whether it's for gas or diesel.
I wonder if that means it fits BOTH?
Could it be possible that the stock exhaust on the 6 and dsl both have that junction in the same place?
It says it's 3" with a 4" tip, which I believe is the size of the tip on the dsl, and I can't imagine a 2.8L dsl requiring anything larger than 3" to breath optimally.

#23 ·
just found out MBRP is only a couple hours away but still have yet to see and hear a proper soundclip anywhere, i emailed them and they told me to check youtube... like i handnt a 100 times lol

there is 1 or 2 home made crap quality videos

#24 · (Edited)
Just had the exhaust installed. Idle sounds better than stock. Drove it around the back parking lot for about min and it sounds good. About what a V6 with an exhaust would sound like. Ill drive it more after work today and see how it does a cruising speeds. Maybe if i have time will GoPro the sound.

Ok so I did not have time to get around to the video yet. It does not over power the radio which is good. I just can hear the buzzing rumble of the exhaust. With the radio off it could get slightly annoying on a trip I would think. Bad thing it I'm use to either a V8 exhaust or a turbo 4 cyl. I think I will get use to it over time.

#25 ·
Reactions: GottaCanyon
#30 ·
AutoAnything has 15% off the XP Series single side exit. ~$340.

#31 ·
I know this is old, but probably worth waking up since there is not a lot of information out there.

I just installed the Aluminized Steel MBRP onto my '15 with a 2.5L and 6 speed manual last night. The install went smoothly after I torched off the broken studs from the flange for the factory exhaust, although the center hanger is inverted (the rubber points upward and not down), and the clearance is a bit tight to the body - no banging yet though.

I am still trying to figure out if I like the sound. It is a bit boomy - reminds me of the exhaust on my 2005 Colorado with the 2.8 liter. It definitely is loud, louder than expected but not crazy. I may dynamat the back of the cab to help. Between this and the Trifecta tune, the truck is quite noticeably quicker than stock - just hoping it does not drone too much under load dragging my boat around.

I have one crappy sound clip - weather permitting I am going to try to get some sound clips and a drive by this weekend to post to help people out with the 2.5L trucks, since there is so little out there.

#32 ·
and the clearance is a bit tight to the body - no banging yet though.
And the banging has begun. The frontmost hanger is still inverted (the MBRP hanger is ~2 inches higher than the truck body hanger, so the donut is upside down - it started hitting the underbody under load and when the engine is shut off this weekend.)

Has anyone who has installed this exhaust seen this?

#33 ·
I know this thread is a bit old, but decided to post something on here. I recently installed the MBRP catback 3 inch exhaust for the short bed V6 Colorado. Yes, had to cut about 12 inches off the front pipe. Believe it is Part # S5090AL. It sounded GREAT, nice and aggressive, but the Cab was also loud, especially during acceleration and on the highway. I loved the sound outside though. But, I called and spoke to MBRP and there is a 'quiet' tone muffler, that reduces the noise by say 10% in the cab, according to them. So I went ahead and bought it. It is Part W120809. It is exact measurements of the muffler on the system so easy to remove and replace. The sound did go down by a lot, especially in the cab. And it still sounds way better than stock and is a nice sound. Now I can probably switch back and forth if I like. LOL

#34 ·
I just installed their 3" SST exhaust on my 2.5l def droney in the cab. i looked for that part number you send as i may want to install that. couldnt find it. going to try to contact them next. on the highway its rather boomey and drones pretty good. seeing as most of my driving is at highway speeds I would like to look into the quiet muffler.

#37 ·
No it is not that expensive at all. I got it from EBAY. I purchased enough and even had some left over and it was cheap. Let me look it up for you. I dynomatted the rear panel of the cab, which is very easy, inside the door panels on door not the plastic panel, and then underneath the truck cab, outside of the cab, not inside. It was too complicated to do under the carpet in the interior. Beleive me it was cheap, took a little bit of time (I did a little bit over a span of like 2 weekends). I'll get the info from EBAY for you. I can also give you tips with removing the door panels if you need it.

#38 ·
That would be dope. i was looking at Killmat on amazon. bout $75 for 35sqft. I have an extended cab worktruck so it might be a bit different to do the back of the cab. i presume you did the interior of the back of the cab. did you do the internal door skin and the external door skin? where under the cab did you put the mat? sorry for all the questions. I like the exhaust and want to keep it but the drone will prob kill me if i dont get rid of it.

#51 ·
meh, outside seems plausible, alot of this stuff started as roof repair tape, which is definitely exterior use. prep would just be key. Heck, I use a similar material, eternabond, to keep water out of my camper.

#53 ·
Lol. I guess we will find out. I am not worried about it. Weather not bad in San Antonio. That dynomat material is very sticky. I rolled it on really good too. Again, I am not concerned about it.. I'll go underneath and check every once in a while.
Typical Butcher jobs. Good luck explaining to a prospective buyer how you "Think its plausible" and "Not worried about it" The rest of the world knows the stuff goes on the inside but these two dudes say its "too complicated to do it right" so they half ass the mod and create problems they are oblivious to.

#55 · (Edited)
I run into people like this from time to time, It's bizarre. I jerry rigged a bicycle crank arm on a custom electric fat bike with extra wide offset by building a mold and filling it with jbweld and bolting two crank arms together through the jbweld. One guy lost his mind on how I should take pride and do it right and it's a safety risk and blah blah blah. One day I had to lay the bike down at about 25mph, slamming the pedal and that crank arm into the black top and I s*** you not, the bottom bracket axle broke, but not the crank arm, hah! Still using that crank arm today. can't please them all. If you add up the cost savings of all the things I've jerry rigged vs the few times it bit me because it was not 'done right' I'm unbelievably freaking ahead. Everyone is entitled to their own risk tolerance.

#56 ·
All it would take is some undercoating around seams and edges and done! No water getting in. GM installed stick on reflective heat shield material around parts of the exhaust and no one is whining about that. My boss owns a garage full of $100k + Mopars and uses dynomat for the full interior on every restomod as well as certain exterior areas on the belly side and under the hood. Common practice.

Reactions: Rpinaiii
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.