2016 "Chuggle Or Shudder" - GM Has Let Us Down - Page 9 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 168 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 09:55 AM

Kind of cross posting with my comments on this issue. I think that GM might be in some trouble coming really soon with these tranny issues that they have known about in the 2015 and 2016 Colorado/Canyons, and now the 2017 experiencing other trans oddities. I've had this law firm out of Cali that kept trying to contact me about these issues, I kept ignoring them and by mistake I answered their call the other day. The lady told me on the phone that they have a substantial amount of people that have complained about these issues. I love my Colorado as much as everyone does on here, but there is no excuse that these trans issues persist. With the downshifting and the trans not being able to shift quick enough into the next gear causing the chuggle/hesitation, if you try to pass someone up and they are being a jag speeding up I can see potential accidents. Or as you are trying to speed up after making a sharp right or left turn, the trans does its hesitation BS while someone is speeding up behind you and boom you get rear ended because you couldn't accelerate into the next gear fast enough.

I have over 9,000 miles on mine now which I've had since September 2016, so I think the entire system should have learned my driving habits by now.

If a BNR tune and the pedal commander are helping somewhat solve this issue, GM has to get this figured out.
KY Red Rock and hacklerjason like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 168 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:00 AM

Run 89 octane or higher or simply press harder on the throttle in those situations. Complaining on a small enthusiast forum isn't going to solve the issue.
dave66rivi and hacklerjason like this.

2016 Canyon SLE CC LB All-Terrain 3.6L - RC 2" Kit | Goodyear Duratrac P265/70/17
2013 Chevy Volt

Instagram
post #163 of 168 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8LZ71 View Post
Run 89 octane or higher or simply press harder on the throttle in those situations. Complaining on a small enthusiast forum isn't going to solve the issue.
I have put in 89 and 93, 93 seems to help the issue but doesn't eliminate it. Again, then there is another issue there that GM should have said upfront you need to run 93 in the truck for it to run right.

It kills me with keyboard warriors (especially brand loyalists/apologists) that just because people post valid complaints, they discredit them. I am not the only one that has had issues and I am just sharing my thoughts here. I have every right to share my opinions as long as I am not offending anyone. The first week I bought the truck, the left sway bar bolt was ready to fall off which was an issue from the factory. I do a lot of highway driving, now if that bolt fell off.......what do you think would have happened? Come on, your kind of posts do not help people.
Two Door and philipparks68 like this.

Last edited by captainzombie; 05-19-2017 at 10:28 AM.

post #164 of 168 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainzombie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F8LZ71 View Post
I have put in 89 and 93, 93 seems to help the issue. Again, then there is another issue there that GM should have said upfront you need to run 93 in the truck for it to run right.

It kills me with keyboard warriors (especially brand loyalists/apologists) that just because people post valid complaints, they discredit them. I am not the only one that has had issues and I am just sharing my thoughts here. I have every right to share my opinions as long as I am not offending anyone. The first week I bought the truck, the left sway bar bolt was ready to fall off which was an issue from the factory. I do a lot of highway driving, now if that bolt fell off.......what do you think would have happened? Come on, your kind of posts do not help people.
You didn't mention anything about finding a way around the issue so I offered a couple of solutions that make the issue a non-issue. No keyboard warrior here. I'd tell you the same thing in person. I have just as much right to voice my opinion on all these posts claiming potential accidents that never seem to materialize. It's the internet man. Sometimes you read things in a tone that makes them appear more negative than they were intended.
post #165 of 168 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainzombie View Post
I have put in 89 and 93, 93 seems to help the issue but doesn't eliminate it. Again, then there is another issue there that GM should have said upfront you need to run 93 in the truck for it to run right.

I too tried high octane gas and my chuggle is pretty much gone although I do drive with the Pedal Commander. I think it is a 2 part fix as I summarized it in my thread "The chuggle is real". There are folks who's hesitation gone away completely and some that still experience it so it could be a fix for some but not all. I also agree that it is a pain and something should have said about using higher octane gas. It does take 2 tanks for the ECM to adjust the timing, not sure for how long did you run 93 in yours.

Many of us are in the same boat and find fixes that might not be the same for others but we are excited because it fixed ours.
captainzombie likes this.
post #166 of 168 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agsy View Post
I too tried high octane gas and my chuggle is pretty much gone although I do drive with the Pedal Commander. I think it is a 2 part fix as I summarized it in my thread "The chuggle is real". There are folks who's hesitation gone away completely and some that still experience it so it could be a fix for some but not all. I also agree that it is a pain and something should have said about using higher octane gas. It does take 2 tanks for the ECM to adjust the timing, not sure for how long did you run 93 in yours.

Many of us are in the same boat and find fixes that might not be the same for others but we are excited because it fixed ours.
I ran 2 tanks of 93 and 1 of 89 within the last few weeks. I do agree that the 93 did help quite a bit, I noticed a difference after 2 tanks of 93 when I dropped to 89 on the third fill-up. I do have to look into the PC, it sounds like everyone is having good success with it.
post #167 of 168 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamNofR1 View Post
I experience this as well but it's always at 35 mph. I had a problem before when I first bought the truck, the transmission would "buck" or "jerk" violently at slower speeds. Took it to the dealer and they said these have learning transmissions to them so I needed to give it time. After about 1,000 miles, it did go away but this "shudder" has always been there. Looks like it would have been a pointless trip back to the dealer anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
18000 on a 2016 and hasn't learned anything except to act the same
captainzombie and dlmpsy like this.
post #168 of 168 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 02:59 AM

Garage
Closing in on 19k miles and still no signs of this chuggle so many speak of. I run 89 octane most of the time sometimes 91, not sure if 93 is available in CA. I guess I need to drive a truck that chuggles to figure out what all the complaints are about, although I dont think a truck will chuggle with my foot on the pedal as I am capable and willing to use the travel of the pedal to make the truck do what I want.

2016 Colorado LT CC SB V6 2WD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode