Pedal Commander - Page 20 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 796Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #381 of 784 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Another first today:
I live 5 houses from a signalized intersection. Prior to the PC if the light turned green as I backed out of my driveway I could not make the light with the Colorado floored.

This morning backed out of the driveway just as the light turned green....with the PC I made it through the intersection and had green light to spare. That is another first since I have owned this truck after installing the PC. It finally runs like a 305.
I have it set at City +1, so far I have not found one negative with the PC.
Your neighbors must think you're a mad man LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #382 of 784 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Commander View Post
The port on the side is for us to program the units for you with your specific year and engine size. Your part number PC-07 actually works on a wide array of vehicles. Dodge Darts, Jeep Renegades, Nissan Frontiers... all of them have the same plug type, but all the programs are different.

As far as I know, we don't have any plans to make these programmable by the end customer. There are just too many things that can go wrong. Like someone raising their rev limit to 19k, blows their engine, and tries to blame us for it, lol.
So, I have your product in my cart, everyone loves it... one question. I have a duramax full flash tune set on tune 3. I still don't find the throttle "as responsive" as I want... it lags while in a corner and that alone annoys me.

My question: will the pc mess with my dtune, and/or does anyone have any feed back that already has my same setup with the pc? Thanks!

Rig: 16' Colly LT 4x4 2.8D, CCSB, G80, Bose, etc

Built list: Bak revolver x2, premium Line-X, rigid b/up lights cut & mounted in bumper, kn insert air fltr, zroadz fog plate w/rigid spots & floods, d-max tuner, matte blk badges and custom diesel badges, bilstien 5100 RHA 2" lift with rear 1" gm lift blks, 275/65-18 TA ko2, 2" wheel spacers (big rub @ full steer, w/o spacers), pedal cmdr

To/do: AFE intake, puddle leds, Anzo tails, Zone 1.5" body lft

Sponsors: Virginia Line-X (Ant).
post #383 of 784 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 04:48 AM

Got my PC Friday and installed it in a parking lot, Huge difference! It really makes the V6 wake up! I havn't had time to play with it alot, and the direction card doesn't tell you how to turn it off and on, only how to toggle through settings. I actually convinced a buddy to buy one for his Camaro with a test ride in my Colorado!

post #384 of 784 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigArms View Post
So, I have your product in my cart, everyone loves it... one question. I have a duramax full flash tune set on tune 3. I still don't find the throttle "as responsive" as I want... it lags while in a corner and that alone annoys me.

My question: will the pc mess with my dtune, and/or does anyone have any feed back that already has my same setup with the pc? Thanks!
I have a similar setup in a way with the v6 and the trifecta tune. The lag ha though are experiencing can be adjusted/eliminated with the pc. It does not interfere in any way with the tune programming. Think of it as using the truck with a more aggressive foot on gas action, instead of you pressing the gas quicker, the pc will do the work for you. It's a great solution to a lasy gas pedal.
Pedal Commander likes this.
post #385 of 784 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 08:00 AM

Garage
Quote:

I'm very pleased with the pc on tune 3. I've been playing with it between city 0 and city +2. Only had it a couple of weeks. Will continue experimenting with the different tunes and pc settings. One thing for sure the dead pedal feel is only history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #386 of 784 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:19 AM

Quote:

I can only speak from my experience as I believe I had one of the worst running new Colorado to be delivered. Others have reported that the PC got rid of peddle lag on their tunes.

In City =0 I found the throttle to lag going around corners, others say set at City -1 that it preformed perfect. Mine runs best on City +1. Having the PC so easy to adjust to how your truck runs makes all the sense in the world. Glad it's not a "one size fits all" as I found with my truck not all Colorado's run the same no matter what.

Chuck
2016 Colorado Red Rock, Z71, 4x4 short bed crew cab, tow package, loaded to tow behind my Motorhome
post #387 of 784 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 01:03 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Commander View Post
On the front of the card, it should read "When all the lights are off, your vehicle is operating completely stock."
Would that be "ECO 0"?
When I push the mode button over to Eco, it doesn't light up, but all lights light up scrolling when I open the door in the morning when the systems wake up.
post #388 of 784 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasmurf1958 View Post
I'm very pleased with the pc on tune 3. I've been playing with it between city 0 and city +2. Only had it a couple of weeks. Will continue experimenting with the different tunes and pc settings. One thing for sure the dead pedal feel is only history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roger that! Thanks gents. Will pull the trigger post haste.
papasmurf1958 likes this.

Rig: 16' Colly LT 4x4 2.8D, CCSB, G80, Bose, etc

Built list: Bak revolver x2, premium Line-X, rigid b/up lights cut & mounted in bumper, kn insert air fltr, zroadz fog plate w/rigid spots & floods, d-max tuner, matte blk badges and custom diesel badges, bilstien 5100 RHA 2" lift with rear 1" gm lift blks, 275/65-18 TA ko2, 2" wheel spacers (big rub @ full steer, w/o spacers), pedal cmdr

To/do: AFE intake, puddle leds, Anzo tails, Zone 1.5" body lft

Sponsors: Virginia Line-X (Ant).
post #389 of 784 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRacer View Post
Would that be "ECO 0"?
When I push the mode button over to Eco, it doesn't light up, but all lights light up scrolling when I open the door in the morning when the systems wake up.
When all the lights are off you're in stock mode. To get into ECO mode you have to hold the program button for 3 seconds.
post #390 of 784 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:24 PM

Has anyone with the 4 cylinder engine installed one of these? Or does this mainly help out the 6 cylinder and diesel trucks?
post #391 of 784 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 07:16 PM

i've been using it on city +2 for a few weeks. still came up with a wee bit of downshift issues after a while around 25 ish and 40ish however minor. i was thinking it was the adaptive tranny or accelerator trying to adapt back to whatever GM has it adapt to. graduated to SPORT in various settings and settling on +3 seems to be even better shifting and of course better throttle response the past couple days. fun to play with it until i buy a 2019 something

Last edited by pltctycanyon; 03-24-2017 at 08:36 PM.
post #392 of 784 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbomx5 View Post
Has anyone with the 4 cylinder engine installed one of these? Or does this mainly help out the 6 cylinder and diesel trucks?
I have asked that question a couple of times with no response so I guess that means no. I don't know if the 4 cylinder gas owners are too poor or cheap or perhaps those trucks don't have pedal lag. Have you ever heard them complain about anything?

2016 Canyon SLT Crew Cab Shortbox Duramax Diesel, Summit White/Jet Black.

Engine built 1/12/16
Placed order 2/20/16
Dealer ordered 2/25/16
Target Production Week 4/11/16
Built and shipped 4/12/16
Delivered to dealer 4/22/16
Drove it home 4/27/16
post #393 of 784 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404 Not Found View Post
I have asked that question a couple of times with no response so I guess that means no. I don't know if the 4 cylinder gas owners are too poor or cheap or perhaps those trucks don't have pedal lag. Have you ever heard them complain about anything?
That is very true. I think they are just happy with their trucks. I also believe that the chuggling/pedal lag is not as present on their setup.
post #394 of 784 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 10:02 PM

I have the 4 banger in my '16, the pedal response seems pretty good. I haven't noticed a shudder in the shifting. What I really dislike is when I need to quickly accelerate, there is a momentary pause between flooring the pedal and when the truck accelerates. There is a good 2 to 3 seconds delay. The rpm's rise and the exhaust sounds like the truck is flying, but the acceleration lags. I'm wondering if the PC will help with this.
post #395 of 784 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 10:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404 Not Found View Post
I've read (here) that they have 4:10 rear ends. The 4 cyl probably isn't programmed to lug around like the v6 trying to save every last penny on gas.....

Sent from the butt crack of California.
2016 Colorado 4x4 CC SB V6
AS level/lift 2.5" w/1" rear block and diff drop
275/70-17 Cooper AT3 on MotoMetal 970s
Scary, evil looking, black, warranty voiding catch can
post #396 of 784 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltctycanyon View Post
i've been using it on city +2 for a few weeks. still came up with a wee bit of downshift issues after a while around 25 ish and 40ish however minor. i was thinking it was the adaptive tranny or accelerator trying to adapt back to whatever GM has it adapt to. graduated to SPORT with -2 and seems to be even better shifting and of course better throttle response the past couple days
I have noticed just a hint of shift hesitation, but it's nice that we can barely touch the gas and it's gone. Sure nothing like before and glad it's only once in a great while. I will play with Sport and see how it does on mine, thanks.

Chuck
2016 Colorado Red Rock, Z71, 4x4 short bed crew cab, tow package, loaded to tow behind my Motorhome
post #397 of 784 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 11:23 PM

Garage
Send a message via MSN to evonschu
Installed Pedal Commander today. Definitely a cool product that really REALLY helped with the drive-ability of the truck. Maybe its cuz I had my last Colorado tuned or my 800HP Camaro ZL1, but Sport at -4 / City at +4 is what seemed my sweet spot. I wouldn't say this 100% resolved what I feel is a horrible tune map for shifting on our truck, but it definitely made a dent. It makes it decide to shift into the correct gear faster and significantly reduces the dead pedal/lag when trying to downshift for sure, but it doesn't SPEED UP the time between shifts that I think only a tune could fix. Most car manufacturers seem to tune it so that it slips the clutch in between shifting to make it "smooth", however I hate this. I'm sure it also reduces the life of the transmission I'm sure. I have a friend who owns a tuning shop in town so will probably have him take a look and see if I can quicken the shifts a bit at some point after the warranty is up. Overall highly recommended like most people have said on here. Customer service is very fast and responsive too.

Last edited by evonschu; 03-22-2017 at 11:26 PM.
post #398 of 784 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 07:21 AM

I received my diablosport i2 2 days ago, yesterday I had some time to insyall/config the tune. I adjusted the throttle boost to the max and turned off the pc . it behaved as city on about - 3-4. I can officially say that neither the trifecta or the Diablo tune makes the throttle as perfectly responsive as the pc. The reason I got the i2 is to make changes to the shift pattern and together with the pc would have made the truck 100% satisfying. I am yet to figure out the transmission settings that I like. Unfortunately the settings I was looking for are not available. Either way, the pc is a must to get rid of the pedal lag and then a good transmission tune would place the cherry on the cake.

Last edited by agsy; 03-23-2017 at 07:46 AM.
post #399 of 784 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 07:38 AM

hi ive been reading the first 5-6 pages of this thread and im exrtremly interested in this..what was the senses on the group buy?after reading every ones positive reveiws on this i would love to get this to get rid of the dead pedal between stop and first gear without smashing the pedal to get the truck responsive
post #400 of 784 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 08:44 AM

I would suggest not waiting on a group buy. This is already a 20+ page thread and a lot of folks have paid the $269.00 with the discount code. It is definitely money well-spent in my opinion.

2016 Colorado WT Crew Cab. Black, Appearance Package, Towing Package. Pedal Commander!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode