Pedal Commander - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 762Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 735 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 02:56 PM

Well after reading threw this I've decided to try it myself. I do have a tune,did it help,some but hate that damn dead spot...as for the code,still works. Hope this dose the trick and thanks for the reviews.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 735 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango87 View Post
Thank you very much for all the feedback and having the nerve to take the lead on this. I gave the pedal area a cursory look today. Just one last question from me, how the heck do you get to behind the pedal to install and then outta the truck without needing orthopedic surgery?
I put the seat all the way back, put down a blanket to take the wear and tear off of body. I found I had just enough room to into reaching the plug of throttle, just remember to pull the orange tab that faces you straight out and it unlocks the plug. It's definitely a back breaker. Came back from another trip of about 60 miles or so and I definitely see a difference in fuel mileage, for the good, I absolutely love this product, it should come from GM with product already installed LOL.

2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain 4 wheel drive crew cab with 6' bed in Cardinal Red. Mods, Pedal Commander and Elite E-2 catch can.

Last edited by Chetter'S Z; 02-12-2017 at 04:01 PM.
post #43 of 735 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 03:55 PM

Anyone use this with their DMax?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

post #44 of 735 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 09:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetter'S Z View Post
I put the seat all the way back, put down a blanket to take the wear and tear off of body. I found I had just enough room to into reaching the plug of throttle, just remember to pull the orange tab that faces you straight out and it unlocks the plug. It's definitely a back breaker. Came back from another trip of about 60 miles or so and I definitely see a difference in fuel mileage, for the good, I absolutely love this product, it should come from GM with product already installed LOL.
I got a better look at mine and it had black tape over that area and it kinda blended in with the background. With the seat the way back I think I can get to it. Thanks and enjoy your "new" ride.

post #45 of 735 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspector1999 View Post
Anyone use this with their DMax?

I'm strongly considering this for mine. I don't have a problem with the way the transmission shifts with the diesel, but throttle response could definitely use some improvement.
post #46 of 735 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwolf79 View Post
I'm strongly considering this for mine. I don't have a problem with the way the transmission shifts with the diesel, but throttle response could definitely use some improvement.
So which of us will try it and report back?

post #47 of 735 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 11:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to haulingnothing
Alright guys, I'm in too. As of right now, the code gmcjim30 is still good for $30 off.

$278.98 shipped.

2016 Colorado - 2WD Extended Cab LT V6 - Laser Blue - Shoreline Edition

Plasti-Dipped badges - Air dam delete - DRL switch mod - OPT7 LED low beams - Moroso catch can - Pedal Commander
post #48 of 735 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 11:31 AM

Garage
I wonder how this will work with a '17 V6? I'm pretty sure the Throttle Position plays a part with the AFM.
post #49 of 735 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 01:40 PM

Garage
I ordered one for my Diesel, I will let you guys know what happens when i get it. I just got a email saying it has shipped today
Vinolush likes this.

2016 Colorado Crew Cab, Short Box, Z71, 4x4, Trail Boss, 2.8L Duramax Turbo-Diesel, Laser Blue​

Mods
AFE SCORCHER HD Tuner, AFE Momentum GT Cold Air Intake, SuperSkidz Front Skid Plate
Diode Dynamics 5000K XML2 Led Fog's, Full Interior Leds, License Plate, Backup Leds

post #50 of 735 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haulingnothing View Post
Alright guys, I'm in too. As of right now, the code gmcjim30 is still good for $30 off.

$278.98 shipped.
Thanks for that. That's all I needed to make my decision. Ordered one for my MiniMax!
haulingnothing likes this.
post #51 of 735 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRacer View Post
I wonder how this will work with a '17 V6? I'm pretty sure the Throttle Position plays a part with the AFM.
Contact them since this is a new engine for the twins and they will tell you if it will or not. It is great to have something that actually works as it should and I haven't even messed with the settings in the city mode. As I said before, you have nothing to lose since they offer a 14 money back guarantee and a 2 year warranty.

2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain 4 wheel drive crew cab with 6' bed in Cardinal Red. Mods, Pedal Commander and Elite E-2 catch can.
post #52 of 735 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwolf79 View Post
Thanks for that. That's all I needed to make my decision. Ordered one for my MiniMax!
Ordered as well. Haha!

post #53 of 735 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 06:56 PM

Garage
This sounds interesting. I tried the Trifecta Tune and it seemed like the ECM/TCM was doing its best to undo the tune. Now I am back to the original tune with the PIP update. I drive in tow mode in stop and go city traffic and normal mode on the freeway/highway. I actually like the way tow mode works around town. It holds each gear much longer and it downshifts without lots of pedal input. I would be interested in hearing a comparison between stock with tow mode on compared to the Pedal Commander.

20015 Colorado LT, Crew Cab, Long Box, Cyber Gray Metallic.
post #54 of 735 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 08:09 PM

No comparison to tow mode. That's what i used to do...I installed the Pedal Commander and its like a different truck. A huge improvement. I've had it installed since Friday, as someone mentioned early the city mode is all I need😊. I filled up today will drive my normal routes and see how it affects mileage. So far looks like it's not affecting it at all. Although I could careless since it runs so much better!
Carlos31820 likes this.
post #55 of 735 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 07:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to haulingnothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirino View Post
No comparison to tow mode. That's what i used to do...I installed the Pedal Commander and its like a different truck. A huge improvement. I've had it installed since Friday, as someone mentioned early the city mode is all I need😊. I filled up today will drive my normal routes and see how it affects mileage. So far looks like it's not affecting it at all. Although I could careless since it runs so much better!
I'm curious to know where you and others are mounting the pedal commander box. Pics if you got em'!

Thanks

2016 Colorado - 2WD Extended Cab LT V6 - Laser Blue - Shoreline Edition

Plasti-Dipped badges - Air dam delete - DRL switch mod - OPT7 LED low beams - Moroso catch can - Pedal Commander
post #56 of 735 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 08:43 AM

So are you guys using this on top of another vendors canned tune, or using this rather then getting a canned tune ? I am curious why those vendors selling these tuning products cant include this functionality as well since reading many of your feedback the do not appear to completely. Would be interesting to hear some vendor feedback for those who have spent lots of money on tunes today then having to purchase this to supplement the functionality why they can't get this included. Not intended to be bashing just curious what others think and/or tuning vendor comments on this.

2016 Canyon SLT - v6, K-N Air Filter, Crew cab/shortbox 4*4
post #57 of 735 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:50 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by copoz28 View Post
So are you guys using this on top of another vendors canned tune, or using this rather then getting a canned tune ? I am curious why those vendors selling these tuning products cant include this functionality as well since reading many of your feedback the do not appear to completely. Would be interesting to hear some vendor feedback for those who have spent lots of money on tunes today then having to purchase this to supplement the functionality why they can't get this included. Not intended to be bashing just curious what others think and/or tuning vendor comments on this.
How would they implement it?
The Trifecta tune does do this to an extent. The throttle position & sensitivity are changed when you switch between the eco and performance modes.
post #58 of 735 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 11:24 AM

I would think that be more a question to the vendors why-how, again just throwing out if possible since you spend apx 400-500 dollars for a tuning product then another 300 on this. Or is best option for these to only go the commander path, again just asking due to i have not done either and looking for options prior to dumping cash into mine, tkx.

2016 Canyon SLT - v6, K-N Air Filter, Crew cab/shortbox 4*4
post #59 of 735 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 12:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by copoz28 View Post
I would think that be more a question to the vendors why-how, again just throwing out if possible since you spend apx 400-500 dollars for a tuning product then another 300 on this. Or is best option for these to only go the commander path, again just asking due to i have not done either and looking for options prior to dumping cash into mine, tkx.
I would say it boils down to your end desire. Most here are looking for a hardware based solution for fixing undesirable shifting characteristics, without mucking with software loaders and warranty voiding.
post #60 of 735 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 01:49 PM

The Diablo tuner has this built into it. It's called "throttle boost" where you can fine tune the throttle sensitivity.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode