Pedal Commander - Page 34 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 733Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #661 of 695 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScottM View Post
Stumbling bumbling? really? I hope you are exaggerating? Would all you peeps describe your truck like this? How many miles on your truck? Has it always been like that?
I am not exaggerating. I had already made a clam with GM to start the buy back after 5 trips to the dealer with only a couple of hundred miles after each visit before it would start again. If the buy back was not going to be accepted, I would have filed under the Florida Lemon Law. I was not going to drive that aggravating POS and I wasn't going to trade it in for a loss. Even the dealer said they had not seen one that bad and even changed the torque converter seeing if that would correct the problem.

All of this was within 4,000 miles.

I also filed one of many listed reports on the NTSB web site. Check the site out, I am not alone with this problem. Thankfully without all the legal hassle a little box corrected my problem that GM could not.
RatRacer and JScottM like this.

Chuck
2016 Colorado Red Rock, Z71, 4x4 short bed crew cab, tow package, loaded to tow behind my Motorhome

Last edited by brobox; 04-21-2017 at 07:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 695 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 07:54 PM
KMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
Not saying this is how it works but if it's anything like the trailblazer programming, I would assume it would make the truck a bit quicker off the line.
https://youtu.be/VLsY7dYjenY

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I had a 4.2 in my Envoy, and that looks exactly like what it felt like. You for it and it just ho-hummed along, then suddenly pulled hard. So that totally explains the way it felt.

My H2 also felt the same way. Floor it, and it just took it's sweet time. In fact, you could stab out to the floor and release quick, and it would barely bump of of idle.

Tuned both of them and that is now gone, and both drive like a cable after the tune.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
JScottM likes this.
post #663 of 695 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip8888 View Post
I have some complaints thou. My biggest is that the truck sometimes feels like it's stuck in 6th while I'm trying to accelerate and that will hopefully be solved with this pedal commander.
So what do you do exactly when it feels like it's stuck in 6th? How do you get it out to accelerate?

Sent from the butt crack of California.
2016 Colorado 4x4 CC SB V6
AS level/lift 2.5" w/1" rear block, diff drop
275/70-17 Cooper AT3 on MotoMetal 970s
Scary, evil, black, warranty voiding catch can from the devil

post #664 of 695 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 01:33 AM

Can someone that knows how start a pole?

Title it: "Do you think your truck is a slug?" Y/N

I can't believe what I'm reading. Is there a completely different throttle program that's OEM that simulates the PC's "eco" mode? And some unlucky people have it? I just don't get it.

post #665 of 695 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
So what do you do exactly when it feels like it's stuck in 6th? How do you get it out to accelerate?
That was the BIG problem with my truck. I live in an area with heavy stop and go tourist traffic. If I needed to down shift by giving it more gas, it would down shift 2 gears and take off almost rear ending who was in front of me. Or I was constantly down shifting manually...that gets real old in my type of traffic and not what I bought an automatic trans for. The problem with my truck was amplified by my type of traffic I am sure. However my 09 Tacoma and my wife's 16 Lincoln MKX have NO problem shifting and driving normally in this traffic. Why can't my Colorado? If Lincoln can get the EPA thing right, why can't Chevy?

Chuck
2016 Colorado Red Rock, Z71, 4x4 short bed crew cab, tow package, loaded to tow behind my Motorhome
post #666 of 695 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 09:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
I give it more gas till she drops a gear
Sometimes she'll drop two.

I'm not saying that this a problem with the truck. Just something that I find annoying.

I have trained my foot to give the right amount of gas for this to almost dissappear but there are times that I'm not thinking about it and move the pedal as if i'm driving my wife's fusion or my firebird or really any other of the 20 or so cars I've owned in my life, and I get the whole stuck in 6th feeling.

If I can get rid of some of that foot travel I think it would solve my problem. At least i hope it will
Janster likes this.

2016 Colorado Crew Cab Long Box
2013 Fusion SE 2.0L Eco Boost
1988 Firebird Formula
post #667 of 695 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
I give it more gas till she drops a gear
Sometimes she'll drop two.

I'm not saying that this a problem with the truck. Just something that I find annoying.

I have trained my foot to give the right amount of gas for this to almost dissappear but there are times that I'm not thinking about it and move the pedal as if i'm driving my wife's fusion or my firebird or really any other of the 20 or so cars I've owned in my life, and I get the whole stuck in 6th feeling.

If I can get rid of some of that foot travel I think it would solve my problem. At least i hope it will
Ok, you probably noticed I was fishing for push the pedal? lol

Yes the PC can get rid of some of that foot travel as you put it. That is EXACTLY what it does. That is a great description now that I think about it. I'm going to guess you might like city -3 or -4. For me stock seems to be about the same as my old Colorado, my sisters old 4Runner, and my kinda old MB. I did drive a newer little Caddy and little Lexas the other day and didn't notice IF they are more sensitive than my new Colorado. My GF's Infinity is more sensitive I think but it does seem to have a lot more power than any of those cars I have driven recently. So maybe that's why. But yes, from your description of your truck I bet you will like it.

Put it on sport or sport plus and you can almost eliminate that foot travel! wooohooooo!!!!! For me those modes were very much like ON/OFF gas pedal. Silly really. lol

post #668 of 695 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
My GF's Infinity is more sensitive I think but it does seem to have a lot more power than any of those cars I have driven recently. So maybe that's why.
Yea...my husbands 2015 Infinity QX70s is a f'n rocket ship - for being a 6cylinder SUV. Gets about the same gas mileage as the truck does in our daily commutes. 3.7L V6 with 325 horsepower. I have to be 'mindful' of driving it - way too easy to go too fast. Husband hasn't driven the truck yet with the PC on it....curious how he'll react. He'll probably like it. He's just concerned about this little 'box' being a potential source of failure (he builds circuit boards for a living). If the thing didn't cost as much - he would've opened it up and looked inside at the quality of the workmanship & solder joints. LOL
JScottM likes this.

www.lieblweb.com
2016 GMC Canyon
2015 Infinity QX70s
post #669 of 695 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 02:15 PM

Received mine yesterday and it took a mere minute to install.
For mostly city driving, I'm still sampling between city +1 and +2.
The +2 is a bit too sensitive so I'm now at +1.
I like the way it feels so far.
It definitely requires less effort on your foot than before to the point it's almost effortless to do what you want to do speed wise with a smaller amount of effort on your foot.
I think I've now started to understand what other users were talking about.
It's still in the trial phase as I look forward to the next weekend where a lot of mix driving on both highway and country road is in store.

Any suggestion or idea where to stow this thing so it won't get in the way of your right foot?

2016 Black Colorado Z71. Husky floor liner. 20% tinted. Debadged stock emblems, LEDs mostly everywhere.

Last edited by videopho; 04-22-2017 at 07:08 PM.
post #670 of 695 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 06:29 PM

I mounted mine under the steering column. Out of the way and easy to get to. There is room to fish it between the package tray where no wires show.

Chuck
post #671 of 695 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 07:09 PM

How well does the provided Velcro stick to the plastic of dash board?

2016 Black Colorado Z71. Husky floor liner. 20% tinted. Debadged stock emblems, LEDs mostly everywhere.
post #672 of 695 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by videopho View Post
How well does the provided Velcro stick to the plastic of dash board?
Not the best. I wiped mine with the alcohol pad and it's fallen off like 3 times already in 3 months. I think the texture of the dash makes it hard to stick.
post #673 of 695 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 07:51 PM

Mine has also fallen off a few times. Now that I know under the steering column is where I want to keep it, I will mount it with 3M double sided tape (the gray stuff).

Chuck
post #674 of 695 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 08:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by videopho View Post

Any suggestion or idea where to stow this thing so it won't get in the way of your right foot?
I haven't received mine yet but I plan on putting it in my glove box with my sub amp control and enough slack that I can rest it on my center console while I'm playing with it.
I figure that after I find a setting I like I probably wont touch it again.

1988 Firebird Formula
post #675 of 695 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
I haven't received mine yet but I plan on putting it in my glove box with my sub amp control and enough slack that I can rest it on my center console while I'm playing with it.
I figure that after I find a setting I like I probably wont touch it again.
The cable isn't long enough to reach the glove box. I haven't looked at it close enough to know if its' even feasible to buy some sort of extension cable.

For you guys having trouble with the Velcro - I highly recommend geting 3M DUAL LOCK. That stuff is awesome!

www.lieblweb.com
2016 GMC Canyon
2015 Infinity QX70s
post #676 of 695 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 10:57 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
The cable isn't long enough to reach the glove box. I haven't looked at it close enough to know if its' even feasible to buy some sort of extension cable.

For you guys having trouble with the Velcro - I highly recommend geting 3M DUAL LOCK. That stuff is awesome!
That's a bummer. I really don't want this thing to be visible. I guess I will have to wait and see when I get it

1988 Firebird Formula
post #677 of 695 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Commander View Post
Not speaking as an employee, but as someone who races pretty frequently... if both drivers go WOT as soon as the tree hits green, both drivers are doing it wrong, lol
Even in a 2016 Colorado with an auto trans? Seems to me like it would work just fine

post #678 of 695 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 07:56 PM

^Sorry I don't do FB stuff.
Anyhow thanks to my lead foot I've raised to city +4 and see how it goes.
Mind you my previous ride was the Lexus IS350 and I know I this truck ain't sport sedan.

post #679 of 695 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 08:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Commander View Post
Link is broken

EDIT: Working now
Pedal Commander likes this.

Last edited by RatRacer; 04-25-2017 at 11:57 AM.
post #680 of 695 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 04:17 AM

Boo to face book .
404 Not Found likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode