Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Oil Change and Tire Rotation price

8K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  William Barton 
#1 ·
I'm coming up on oil change time, but haven't used the dealership before. Can anyone tell me a ballpark price on oil change and tire rotation, please? Thanks!

#3 ·
If it's your first one it's probably free. And just a shot in the dark here, but maybe try calling your dealership? They would be able to tell you for sure. Or just do it yourself

#4 ·
Check their website and it should give you an idea. I pay around $30 for the oil change and tire rotation at the dealer, if I went to a Jiffy Lube place it is almost the same price, you have to add an additional quart of oil and the tire rotation is another $10. You should start to get coupons from your dealer around the time for your oil change, they often have a 10% off coupon that you can use, that's what gets it to $30. If you have to pay more than around $30, look for a new dealer or a Chevy dealer and see what their price is.

#6 ·
the first 4 oil change and filter along with tire rotation and multipoint inspections are free for 2 years covered under GM warrantee

Bob
True for 2015s, on 2016 and 2017 models, it was reduced to 2 oil changes & tire rotation. Multipoint inspections are always free with any service: Looking for some way to charge you more money. I have my Wrangler in this morning for 2 airbag recalls, they are providing a FREE multipoint inspection as well.

My GMC dealer sends coupons for $39.95 oil change & tire rotations. I can probably get it done a little cheaper at a local service shop, but I worry about the oil specs, so sticking with dealer for now.

Reactions: RatRacer
#8 ·
Never pay for a tire rotation. The purpose of rotating the tires is so they last a little bit longer, and that saves you money. But if you have to pay some one to do it, you've negated the savings. In many cases, you're spending more than you'de save. If you can't do it yourself, don't bother.

#9 ·
It also can contribute to a better ride. For me, I have decided that paying someone to rotate the tires is worth it. Most of the places other than GMC dealer pretty much throw it in for free, so they can inspect the brakes and try to sell you a brake job.

On the other hand, I like to rotate my own tires cuz it let's me inspect the brakes and various other systems on my truck. I am just OLD.

#11 ·
Most Chevy and GMC dealer shops offer $39.95 to $49.95 6 quart Dexos oil change and tire rotations. I just had the fifth one done last month, first paid service for $43 out the door. The only places cheaper are quick lube joints without the tire rotation. Stupid independent garages don't give a good deal on tire rotations because of the TPMS reset.

#12 ·
No such thing as Dexos oil

#15 ·
I'm going to change my own oil from now on. Only way to be 100% fully sythic is gong in. I would rotate my tires also, but it would mess up the tpms! From what I have read I have to buy a $100 tool to reset them... Not worth it so I guess I'll be skipping the rotation.

#18 ·
Hmmm... I was thinking that it would throw a code or something if I rotated the tires and didn't reset them?

I can live with that.

Would the informant system still show the pressure, but say if the back driver side tire was now on the passenger front, would it still show connected to the drivers side rear?

#19 ·
Hmmm... I was thinking that it would throw a code or something if I rotated the tires and didn't reset them?

I can live with that.

Would the informant system still show the pressure, but say if the back driver side tire was now on the passenger front, would it still show connected to the drivers side rear?
It'll show as where it was in its originally programmed positioned before the rotation, but won't throw a code as long as it stays connected with the system. The rest just involves using the grey matter between your ears, and a good ole air gauge.

#21 ·
I actually signed up to be a "secret shopper" for a company that does more shops for dealerships than anything else. I have yet to pay for a oil change and tire rotation. They reimburse the service and then pay you to write a review of the service experience. Probably takes about 15 minutes to write up but worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.