Which Wix oil filter for '17 v6? - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fanofde4ever

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Fanofde4ever Send a message via Yahoo to Fanofde4ever
Question Which Wix oil filter for '17 v6?

This may sound like an odd question, but I am a bit confused. Coming up on my first oil change in the new truck. Wix lists 57674 as the part number for the oil filter on my truck. I thought no problem I'll go order one... till everywhere I went to buy it said it was the wrong part number, and that 57090 was the correct part number. That is the part number for '15 and '16 (as well as all the 4 cylinders from all 3 years), and to the best of my knowledge the same engine is in the '17s. Wix lists no other GM vehicle with a v6 using that part number for any year. The filters are different dimensions with the 57674 being longer by something like half an inch, so I know one has to be wrong. Just not sure if somebody punched in the wrong part number at WIX, or if literally every website I have checked has not updated to the correct part number for the '17s.

That's a long way of asking if somebody with a '17 v6 that uses Wix filters could just tell me which part number works?

Edit: I know I haven't posted in forever, but damn that signature is old.

'05 Z71 LS Extended Cab 4x4 3.5
7 turns on torsion bars (1 3/4 lift)
AEM Brute Force Intake
H3 Rims
265/75r16 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor

Conservative Club Member #31
Gun Toting American Club Member #14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 09:09 AM

Well the 2017 is a new motor (LGZ engine rpo), and the filter is now a cartridge style drop in (accessed from the engine compartment on the driver side near the headers).

According to the Wix's website the part number is 57674. That is the correct filter.

Part Details

The 2015-2016 (LFX V6) is also a cartridge style filter, but it is in fact a different part number, because it is a different engine.

2017 Chevy Colorado Z71, Crew Cab, Short Bed, LGZ 3.6L, 8L45 8 Spd.

How to Videos - Check out my YouTube Channel!

Last edited by fondupot; 05-08-2017 at 10:03 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 09:19 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fondupot View Post
Well the 2017 is a new motor (LGZ engine rpo), and the filter is now a cartridge style drop in (accessed from the engine compartment on the driver side near the headers).

According to the Wix's website the part number is 57674. That is the correct filter.

Part Details

The 2015-2016 (LFX V6) is a spin-on filter (accessed from under the vehicle).

This is wrong. The 15-16 is a cartridge accessed from the top.

As for OP, it sounds strange that they would change oil filters, but it's possible. Your best bet might be to order online until the auto stores stock the new part number.

2016 Canyon All-Terrain 4x4 3.6L v6 ECLB
BNR Tune via Diablosport i2
Amsoil fluids bumper to bumper
Speedliner spray-on bedliner
Weathertech floor mats
AVS hood deflector and window visors
A.R.E MX bed cap w/ Yakima roof rack
Undercover Swingcases
Carhartt seat covers

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Conway View Post

As for OP, it sounds strange that they would change oil filters, but it's possible. Your best bet might be to order online until the auto stores stock the new part number.
My bad, you're right, the 15-16 is also a cartridge, but the engines are different (LFX for 2015-2016, and LGZ for 2017). So it makes sense that the filter part number changed.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonv8 View Post
napa shows 7090
wix shows 7674
ac delco shows pf2257g

napa reboxes wix filters so this is screwed up. the napa 7674 looks alot like the ac delco pf2257g. order both and match your original when you get it out
Where are you pulling that Wix part number? It should be 57674....

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help guys. I ordered the 57674, and should find out if it fits this coming weekend. I've seen in my browsing of the forum people talking about the filter location being slightly different on the '17s. I hadn't really thought about it, but I suppose the move could have been to accommodate the new filter, or the new filter could be to accommodate the location change. If that part number is wrong I still have the '05 in my sig to drive out and get the right one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Conway View Post

That's actually the confusing part. Wix's website is the only place that has the 57674 part number listed for the 17's. All the other websites I checked also have the old part number for the 15-16's listed for the 17s. Online only stores, and brick and mortar stores alike. If it'd only been a store or 2, or a couple websites I would have just assumed it was a mix up, but when it's everywhere you have to wonder.

AEM Brute Force Intake
H3 Rims

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 07:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanofde4ever View Post
Thanks for the help guys. I ordered the 57674, and should find out if it fits this coming weekend. I've seen in my browsing of the forum people talking about the filter location being slightly different on the '17s. I hadn't really thought about it, but I suppose the move could have been to accommodate the new filter, or the new filter could be to accommodate the location change. If that part number is wrong I still have the '05 in my sig to drive out and get the right one.

That's actually the confusing part. Wix's website is the only place that has the 57674 part number listed for the 17's. All the other websites I checked also have the old part number for the 15-16's listed for the 17s. Online only stores, and brick and mortar stores alike. If it'd only been a store or 2, or a couple websites I would have just assumed it was a mix up, but when it's everywhere you have to wonder.

Yeah, I dunno. I think your best bet would be to call the dealer parts counter and ask.

2016 Canyon All-Terrain 4x4 3.6L v6 ECLB
BNR Tune via Diablosport i2
Amsoil fluids bumper to bumper
Speedliner spray-on bedliner
Weathertech floor mats
AVS hood deflector and window visors
A.R.E MX bed cap w/ Yakima roof rack
Undercover Swingcases
Carhartt seat covers
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Just an update. The new (57674) part number from Wix is the correct part number. Matches the filter I pulled out perfectly. Did they have to put the damn thing down in that hole underneath the hoses and wiring harnesses though?
Toughsox likes this.

AEM Brute Force Intake
H3 Rims

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode