• 1 Post By BEEKNASTY
  • 1 Post By caseih
  • 1 Post By RatRacer
  • 1 Post By BEEKNASTY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
2017 Tranny Shake

So I bought my first brand new truck (2017 Chevy Colorado LT) after hydroplaning and totaling my '04 Chevy Colorado a few months ago. When I start the truck in the morning and shift from Park to Reverse or Park to Drive with my foot on the brake the tranny shakes a little. Now if I then shift into neutral or Park the shake goes away. I also feel the shake at stops until the tranny warms up. Dealer installed an exhaust damper to lessen the vibration and said that GM will be issuing a software update to raise the idle from 600 to 750. They say the idle is dropping kinda low and others are complaining about the same thing. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any advice would help. Thanks
KY Red Rock likes this.

DON'T DIE-Jason Ellis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:33 PM

Garage
I have a stumble that developed under the same condition, but won't consider it shaking. Good to hear a software update might be available when I take it in for a free oil change.
BEEKNASTY likes this.

2016 Equinox LT AWD/ 3.6 V6 /Patriot Blue
2017 Colorado LT 4WD Extended Cab/ 3.6 V6/ Silver Ice Metallic
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEKNASTY View Post
So I bought my first brand new truck (2017 Chevy Colorado LT) after hydroplaning and totaling my '04 Chevy Colorado a few months ago. When I start the truck in the morning and shift from Park to Reverse or Park to Drive with my foot on the brake the tranny shakes a little. Now if I then shift into neutral or Park the shake goes away. I also feel the shake at stops until the tranny warms up. Dealer installed an exhaust damper to lessen the vibration and said that GM will be issuing a software update to raise the idle from 600 to 750. They say the idle is dropping kinda low and others are complaining about the same thing. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any advice would help. Thanks
I do agree that the in-gear idle needs to be raised, but neither my wife's nor mine exhibit this. We both usually remote start about a minute before heading out the door.
BEEKNASTY likes this.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I'll keep you guys posted if things change. For better or worse. She's mine and I Love Her.
KY Red Rock likes this.

DON'T DIE-Jason Ellis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode