Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

removing headlight housing

19K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  zeuce 
#1 ·
hey guys. havent been on here in a while since ive been busy at college. non the less i still need some help on a little problem i have. On the passenger side headlight, i have a lot of moisture built up inside the lens. I was looking on how to take the whole housing off the truck or what the best way is to do this. i havent looked for any threads or stickys on this so im sorry if im beating a dead horse. lol Any help would be great and much appreciated from all of you nice folks. also another thing i would like to know is where do you think this moisture is coming from? there are no cracks from what i can tell and the bulbs were tight in the back of it. so like i said any help would be great.

Thanks,
Owen

#5 ·
very common issue on these trucks. if you dont want to bake them and re seal them the only thing you can do is silicone all around the seal and hope it cures it. that or replace the headlight or drl alltogether. you have to pull the grill which takes 2 min its held in by pop clips. you have to un clip the little black snaps there are 4 of them along the top of the grill. then unplug the wiring for the drls and out it comes. pull hard it will come easy. then its just 2 10mm bolts holding the headlights in. Im sure there is a how to on here somewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.