post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

alignment specs

Can someone get me the factory specs for alignment my machine only goes to 2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

never mind got it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0054.jpg (276.8 KB, 289 views)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 04:30 PM

Where did you get these specs from?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 04:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by allendc1 View Post
never mind got it
Thanks for posting. I'm going to print this out, nice to have on file.

"Ideals are peaceful...History is violent"
2015 Cardinal Red Canyon SLT- All Options + Line-X Spray-In Bed Liner - 3M Full Front/Half Hood Clear Bra - ReTrax Pro Retractable Tonneau Cover - 5" Chrome Assist Steps
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2015, 10:04 AM

Any chance you could obtain and share the alignment specs for the 2wd crew cab long bed with v6? I went into dealer because I noticed that my steering wheel was a bit cocked to the left when driving straight. Alignment was fine (nu pulling) but the steering wheel was crooked. Before checking their Hunter alignment machine they started adjusting and when they were ready to re-align they realized they don't have the specs for the 2015 Colorados. They work order said they aligned it using the specs from the 2012 model. So now my wheel is straight when I let go of it but it pulls to the left.

Thanks!

Last edited by Bad Apple; 02-19-2015 at 02:43 PM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

They can call their hunter rep and get the specs, and manually input them into the machine, if they can't let me know and I will get them for you.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

Also if it's not pulling and the tires look even and smooth after some miles, having them set toe again will fix steering wheel angle depending on how OCD the alignment guy is. The 2012 has a lower caster on left versus right side which would cause a pull to left.
DasGoob likes this.

Last edited by allendc1; 03-19-2015 at 01:39 AM. Reason: add info for 2012
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2015, 02:43 AM

Garage
Quote:
They can call their hunter rep and get the specs, and manually input them into the machine, if they can't let me know and I will get them for you.
Did you by chance get the specs for a 2015 Canyon 2wd? I went by my buddies shop and their machine did not have them. We are planning on doing a 2 1/2" kit once my truck gets here.

Ordered 4-23-15, built 5-21-15, sitting in my driveway 6-8-15. Canyon SLE, crew cab, long bed, 2wd, Bronze Alloy, Cocoa Dune.
Roll N Lock bed cover and cargo manager, custom made tool tray, OEM mud flaps, front windows tinted, running boards, 300 Watt Inverter with Sierra OEM plug, Warning Lights for fire dept, 6K HIDs lows and highs, LED fog light bulbs, 30" LED light bar, 2.5" front lift with 1" rear, Michelin AT/2 265/70/17, custom sports bar with 2 LED light bars, Rigid cargo lights.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2015, 04:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Also if it's not pulling and the tires look even and smooth after some miles, having them set toe again will fix steering wheel angle depending on how OCD the alignment guy is. The 2012 has a lower caster on left versus right side which would cause a pull to left.
Or it could be that way to compensate for the crown in the highway so that it will track straight ahead.

2015 Colorado Z71 | Black | CC | SB | 2wd | 3.6 | Bose | Nav | Tow | Factory Spray On Bedliner | LED Bed Lighting | 30" Rigid LED Lightbar | G4 Fold-a-Cover & Caddy | Dash Cam/Rear Cam | Ready Lift 2" Front with Sway Bar Blocks | Auto Spring Add A Leaf | BFG KO2 265/70 17
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 03:25 PM

2015/2015 Wheel Alignment Specs

Hey guys I recently put a leveling kit on my 2016 Crew Cab Duramax Colorado. I took it to a local place to re-align the front wheels. They told me that they didn't not have the specs for 2015/2016. But they used the 2009-2012 spec. Tech told me that this was the same suspension as those models. They didn't charge me and gave me the adjustment printout. He stated that they only adjusted the toe because it was out. This kinda surprised me that no camber was done. I know it was just a leveling kit but I assume camber would be needed.

Does anyone have 2015/2016 spec range so I can compare?
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 03:40 PM

Take it some other place to have it aligned properly.
I really assume you got free work (translates to -it's not correct)
My THEORY is they didn't charge you for messing up the geometry on purpose.

End of story.

I merged you into the thread with specs posted in Post #2.

Humm....this thread indicates the settings are in fact the same. Maybe you're good.
Alignment

Last edited by 08Canyon; 03-12-2016 at 03:45 PM.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 01:23 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to DasGoob
Hunter Alignment Machine does not necessarily translate into perfect alignment. You must have a technician with training and understanding of what they are doing.

If your technician is not asking you many questions about your typical driving situation, then you should know that you may or may not get a good alignment for you. How much load do you normally carry? How many people normally with you? What is your commute like (road condition, lane choices, how much towing, etc.). All of these affect the alignment acutely or over a period of time. He can fine tune within the parameters given (especially since there is plus/minus 0.8 deg tolerance in the spec) to give you the best experience. Want something that hugs the road like it is on rails? He can do that (albeit sacrificing some tire life). Overall goal is to drive true and straight, with steering centered, during your normal driving conditions.

For example, one customer he had owned a Honda Odyssey. They most often drove this car with the full on family (5 of them, and all are quite....... heavy). Since this is normal condition, he loaded it up with sandbags to simulate the weight normally experienced in the correct locations, then gave it another shot. Amazing how a difference that made in the overall alignment of the four tires. Once this was done......tire wear was excellent, it drove very well, and customer was quite happy.

LONG STORY SHORT...... it is a bit of art form to do this correctly. Hunter makes great equipment, but if the technician is a bit thick, your end result will not mean perfection. Sad to say but some people just cannot follow instructions. (This is particularly sad as the newest Hunter Platforms literally walk you through step by step with photos and instructions, even what size tools to take to the task).

DasGoob
"Nothing is foolproof when you have a sufficiently talented fool"
'16 Colorado, Summit White, Z71 mud mats, LED everything in cab, LED cargo and B/U lights, LED bed lights, 12VDC outlets bed, Undercover Flex, Pop n Lock for Tailgate, LED front Turn signals, LED Tail lights, LED Rock Lights, 32" LED Light Bar in bumper, Weathertech mud flaps, Rocky Road Outfitters rock sliders, Patriotic Z71 decals, Elite Catch Can, Dash Cam

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode