Sent from somewhere in Arkansas.
goleee33 and markpetersonii like this.
post #1003 of 1016 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 02:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by getblended View Post
Looks bitchin. What is the part number for those shocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Don't have a part number, but they were custom ordered from Bajakits.

NEW TRUCK
2015 Colorado Crew Cab Z71 4X4 - Summit White
KN 63 Series intake - LineX - 30" GGLighting LED Bar - Front/Rear Adujustable King Shocks - Bajakits +2.5 4x4 Pre Runner Kit - Method Double Standard Wheels - Falken AT3W 285/70/17 - Deaver Mini Pack inserts

OLD TRUCK
2004 Colorado Crew Cab Z85. I5 2wd
5inch CST lift
LIFTED COLORADO CLUB MEMBER # 123

post #1004 of 1016 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 03:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by goleee33 View Post
My 3.5-4" leveling kit.

So do you just have the chase kit now or do you have the leveling kit installed as well?

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71
2016 Subaru Crosstrek Premium
1985 Chevrolet El Camino
1985 Porsche 944

post #1005 of 1016 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 04:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpetersonii View Post
So do you just have the chase kit now or do you have the leveling kit installed as well?

I have the Pre-runner kit installed. It was a little sarcasm as its not quite a leveling kit but not a traditional lift kit. No spacers. Just coilovers, new upper and lower control arms, and extended CV Axles.

NEW TRUCK
KN 63 Series intake - LineX - 30" GGLighting LED Bar - Front/Rear Adujustable King Shocks - Bajakits +2.5 4x4 Pre Runner Kit - Method Double Standard Wheels - Falken AT3W 285/70/17 - Deaver Mini Pack inserts

OLD TRUCK
5inch CST lift
post #1006 of 1016 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 04:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
I have the Pre-runner kit installed. It was a little sarcasm as its not quite a leveling kit but not a traditional lift kit. No spacers. Just coilovers, new upper and lower control arms, and extended CV Axles.

Ah, I meant prerunner. Lol

Got it. I just wasn't sure if you had the prerunner kit, on top of the leveling kit.

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71
2016 Subaru Crosstrek Premium
1985 Chevrolet El Camino
1985 Porsche 944

post #1007 of 1016 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
My 3.5-4" leveling kit.

No need for diff drop here.
Are you including the lift AND your tires to get that '3.5" - 4" lift' number? Cuz it looks a lot closer to a 2 - 2.5" suspension lift to my eyes. Just trying to learn, please advise.
post #1008 of 1016 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 05:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by liinxcore View Post
well, finally got her lifted! not 100% on whther I will buy new wheels or not. Not a fan of all black wheels on the graphite- the stockers provide just enough pop of color imo.

RC 3.25" with 265/70/17 terra grapplers

looks great, can you get pictures of the frame/body gap?

2015 red hot ext cab z71
post #1009 of 1016 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 06:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
Are you including the lift AND your tires to get that '3.5" - 4" lift' number? Cuz it looks a lot closer to a 2 - 2.5" suspension lift to my eyes. Just trying to learn, please advise.
I haven't done any physical measurements yet. I will get some today. I just guessed those numbers as it is certainly taller than what it used to be with just the Chase Kit. There is room for it to go up even more but not with my current coil-overs.

NEW TRUCK

OLD TRUCK
5inch CST lift
post #1010 of 1016 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew24 View Post
looks great, can you get pictures of the frame/body gap?

well, I found a set of 2017 take offs. traded my old headlights and my other rims for them.

does this show enough of the frame?
markpetersonii likes this.
post #1011 of 1016 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 09:38 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by liinxcore View Post
well, I found a set of 2017 take offs. traded my old headlights and my other rims for them.

does this show enough of the frame?
sorry i meant at the back wheels where the bed meets the frame, and is the body lift noticeable compared to just a leveling kit?

2015 red hot ext cab z71
post #1012 of 1016 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 12:34 PM

Garage
Quick question, for the RC kit, what is the difference in the 2wd vs the 4wd kit. I feel like the 2wd kit shouldn't be nearly as involved to install given the lack of a front diff or is the install the same? I'm curious because there's another company I found selling a kit with just lift spindles, blocks, and extended brake lines. No where near the components of the RC kit. I'm just curious, my plan is the RC 4" kit and install myself but this other kit is $300 cheaper (maybe I already know my answer....)

2016 GMC Canyon SLT Cyber Grey, 2" RC level kit, LED's throughout, Iron Cross steps, Line-X, Stubby Jr, GMC All Weather floor mats, Bull Rings x9, DRL harness, OPT7 LED lows and fogs
post #1013 of 1016 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoJac963 View Post
Quick question, for the RC kit, what is the difference in the 2wd vs the 4wd kit. I feel like the 2wd kit shouldn't be nearly as involved to install given the lack of a front diff or is the install the same? I'm curious because there's another company I found selling a kit with just lift spindles, blocks, and extended brake lines. No where near the components of the RC kit. I'm just curious, my plan is the RC 4" kit and install myself but this other kit is $300 cheaper (maybe I already know my answer....)
Yeah, LCA relocation is not really necessary with a 2wd if you're just lifting to clear larger tires. With a spindle lift, all it does is drop the mounting points of your wheels while keeping stock geometry. Since you don't have a front diff, the hubs don't have to sit above the LCA's. Had a spindle lift on my 2wd Silverado and loved it. I would go with the Maxtrac 4" spindle lift if my Collie were 2wd. http://www.maxtracsuspension.com/cat...lift-spindles/
post #1014 of 1016 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwolf79 View Post
Yeah, LCA relocation is not really necessary with a 2wd if you're just lifting to clear larger tires. With a spindle lift, all it does is drop the mounting points of your wheels while keeping stock geometry. Since you don't have a front diff, the hubs don't have to sit above the LCA's. Had a spindle lift on my 2wd Silverado and loved it. I would go with the Maxtrac 4" spindle lift if my Collie were 2wd. COLORADO 4" LIFT SPINDLES
So the major difference between say RC and MAX is RC lowers the LCA's where MAX is just using spindles to lower the mounting points of the wheel? What is the benefit if any of a 2 wheel drive doing the RC kit over MAX?

2016 GMC Canyon SLT Cyber Grey, 2" RC level kit, LED's throughout, Iron Cross steps, Line-X, Stubby Jr, GMC All Weather floor mats, Bull Rings x9, DRL harness, OPT7 LED lows and fogs
post #1015 of 1016 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoJac963 View Post
So the major difference between say RC and MAX is RC lowers the LCA's where MAX is just using spindles to lower the mounting points of the wheel? What is the benefit if any of a 2 wheel drive doing the RC kit over MAX?
Exactly. I don't really see what advantages a conventional lift has over a spindle lift with a 2wd. It seems to me that the spindle lift would stay much closer to factory geometry, it doesn't require any metal cutting, you don't have to run spacers, and you can return it to stock if u want. I wouldn't do any serious froading with either kit, but for light trails either will do. If the goal is just to clear larger tires, I would definitely go with the spindle lift. You could even combine those with some Bilstein 5100's for additional lift if u want. That's what I did on my Silverado. 3" spindle lift combined with 5100's set at the third notch for a total of 4 3/8s. Rode great like that. You could get up to 6" of lift with that combo on the Twins, but I wouldn't go that high with that combo.
rich7930 likes this.
post #1016 of 1016 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 04:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwolf79 View Post
Exactly. I don't really see what advantages a conventional lift has over a spindle lift with a 2wd. It seems to me that the spindle lift would stay much closer to factory geometry, it doesn't require any metal cutting, you don't have to run spacers, and you can return it to stock if u want. I wouldn't do any serious froading with either kit, but for light trails either will do. If the goal is just to clear larger tires, I would definitely go with the spindle lift. You could even combine those with some Bilstein 5100's for additional lift if u want. That's what I did on my Silverado. 3" spindle lift combined with 5100's set at the third notch for a total of 4 3/8s. Rode great like that. You could get up to 6" of lift with that combo on the Twins, but I wouldn't go that high with that combo.
I greatly appreciate all the info. I found a shop not too far from me who stocks the Max 4" full kit with the spindles, rear blocks, shocks, brake lines, and hardware for $670. Definitely cheaper than RC and will give me what I'm looking for. I think the RC is a little overkill for 2wd.
Airwolf79 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode