Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

LIFTED Colorado/Canyons

1M views 2K replies 515 participants last post by  gmduran1 
#1 ·
Here's a thread for all your lifted Colly/Canyon upgrades. I can't wait to see what y'all come up with and decide to do to your trucks. Leveling kits, lift kits, new tires and wheels... It's getting exciting now, boys! I am holding out (and saving up) for the Duramax and would love ideas from new owners.

Get the upgrades on there, and send us some pics! We all want to see.

#5 ·
Reactions: Cali mountain man
#8 ·
That looks sweet.

I think it's going to be quite a while before we see very many lifted trucks since they have that stupid new bolt pattern.

Reactions: Kirk Kreator
#424 ·
I agree the 3.6 is pretty sluggish off the line but it does get with it at about 30 mph. I'm doing a few little upgrades to help it out a little (MBRP 3" turndown T409 stainless steel exhaust and K&N Blackhawk bye bye quiet truck) and there have been moderate improvements but the truck is so dang loud now. This is a small(er) truck with an engine that produces 305 horses, it should be able to scoot a little better. I wonder what parts can be used for our trucks that were actually made for the V6 Camaro. If I have to, I'll put a SBC in this dude.

#10 · (Edited)

Attachments

#11 ·
Looks nice and that's a good price, too. And it's an ideal kit for me in terms of size.

It will be my first truck. I did not expect to customize it too much but this kit is tempting indeed. I wonder how much $ we could get selling or swapping the stock tires to keep the overall project price low.

#12 · (Edited)
Good to see that these kits make room for bigger tires. Does anyone know roughly the maximum size tires that can fit in the stock wheel wells? I asked a Chevrolet chat person "Morgan" but she was no help.

I am specifically wondering about putting bigger tires on the stock Z71 wheels. I think removing the air dam and maybe swapping out tires could improve the stance enough for me. But it doesn't look like there is a whole lot of room for bigger tires in the stock wheel wells (see image). So a reasonably priced lift or level like the Zone Offroad ones could be clutch.

Attachments

#13 ·
GM says with stock wheels and stock height, the stock tires are already as big as you can go.

#28 ·
Yes, they're BFG mall terrains, guys.

#31 · (Edited)
Yes, but the 265/75-17 is a hair over 1" taller.

Big difference in fitment. I know the 265/70 is fairly common size, coming in at the 31.6" OD.(265/75-16, 265-70-17, 265/65-18) Which was pretty standard OD size for most of the fullsize's for nearly forever.

Going from the stock 255/65-17 (30.1") to a 265/75-17 (32.5") seems unlikely as chevy claims they already stuffed the most tire they could under there.

#32 · (Edited)
There seems to be some confusion here.

According to the Zone OffRoad site the max tire size you can fit with the zone 1.25" leveling kit is 265 65R 17 (30.56" diameter/10.43" wide) vs the zone 1.5" body lift 265 70R 17 (31.61" diameter/10.43" wide) vs the zone 2.75" combo kit 285 70R 17 (32.71" diameter/11.22" wide) which includes body lift plus the leveling kit.

2015-Chevy-Colorado-Universal | Zone Offroad Products

NTW states the max tire size you can fit with the zone 1.25" leveling kit alone is 265 75R 17 (32.65" diameter/10.43" wide), which differs massively from what Zone OffRoad states.

ZONE OFFROAD 2015 GM COLORADO/CANYON 1.25" LEVELING KIT

I just plan on the leveling kit (in the mail) and putting on some 31"ish AT tires, either Toyo Open Country AT II or Cooper Discoverer AT3s.

So besides the black zone truck pics (and the factory concept vehicles) has anyone put any bigger tires on their trucks yet? ... 'cause so far this thread sucks :wink:

Reactions: Jesse_R
#34 ·
Zone OffRoad lists the max size as 265 65R 17.
National Tire and Wheel, which also sells the Zone kit, lists the max tire size as 265 75R 17 which can't be correct.
National Tire and Wheel has the typo.

#37 ·
Is it necessary and advised that you get a wheel alignment done after a front lift kit install. And I am also interested in which lift height I need to level my Canyon all terrain . thanks

#44 · (Edited)
Does anyone need their speedometer recalibrated to correct for larger tires?

We offer a performance calibration for the MY2015+ Chevrolet Colorado and the MY2015 GMC Canyon that also includes speedometer recalibrations as a service:

LINK: http://coloradofans.com/forums/185-...chevrolet-colorado-gmc-canyon-dec-2014-a.html

We can also adjust the shift points so that RPM/gear scaling is correct. Low end torque and throttle response are both vastly improved with the calibration installed; and we're currently offering demo/trial calibrations! (just email us for a free to try calibration, see above link for details)

And if thats not enough how about doubling power output with a TRIFECTA supercharger powerkit?

LINK: http://coloradofans.com/forums/114-...rado-gmc-canyon-progress-dec-15th-2014-a.html

http://i58.tinypic.com/2ibjb75.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/o6lfk9.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/9kz9m0.jpg

Attachments