*** Wheel & Tire Gallery *** - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 446Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 566 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
*** Wheel & Tire Gallery ***

Every forum I've ever been on has always had one main sticky thread to showcase wheels and tires. It helps alleviate the numerous threads of people asking to see a certain wheel/tire size, and allows people to come to one place to see what can fit.

A good outline of info would consist of:

- Wheel brand/model
- Wheel diameter/width/offset/backspacing
- Tire brand/model
- Tire size
- Suspension mods
- Any trimming required to fit
- Pics

The more people that submit, the better!
macr88 likes this.

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |
| BDS-SUSPENSIONS | KILLERWAXX SOCAL |
| LIVERNOIS MOTORSPORTS | RHINO-RACK |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4
BDS Suspensions 7" lift | 22x12 -44 Grid Off-Road GD-4
325/50/22 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 566 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 09:10 PM

agreed! I posted Something about it earlier!
Tilley likes this.
post #3 of 566 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 09:23 PM

People don't want to search. They want to ask a question and be given answers.

http://coloradofans.com/forums/65-mo...p-details.html
reidmi75 likes this.

post #4 of 566 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 09:24 PM

I go to Tires, Wheels and Suspension for that info. This truck is new to the market the off set wheel pattern is going to take manufactures well over 12 months to step up. Same with all other mods. As for tire size I bought mine based off post from this thread.
post #5 of 566 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Canyon View Post

....oops. I swear I went through almost every page of this section lol Must have gone crosseyed at one point!

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

post #6 of 566 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondoggy View Post
I go to Tires, Wheels and Suspension for that info. This truck is new to the market the off set wheel pattern is going to take manufactures well over 12 months to step up. Same with all other mods. As for tire size I bought mine based off post from this thread.
This is in the Tires,Wheels, and Suspension section?.... lol

And it won't take 12 months. ATD (who owns a big chunk of the aftermarket wheel market) is already in the works to include our bolt pattern. They're hoping to be ready by October

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

post #7 of 566 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 09:45 PM

The "Show Us Your Wheels" thread is for the first generation Canyon/Colorados. Lots of great pics and info in that thread, but none of it is relevant to the 2015+ second generation models.

THIS Thread is for the Second Generation. Looking forward to the PICs....
post #8 of 566 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGLAT View Post
The "Show Us Your Wheels" thread is for the first generation Canyon/Colorados. Lots of great pics and info in that thread, but none of it is relevant to the 2015+ second generation models.

THIS Thread is for the Second Generation. Looking forward to the PICs....
haha Good point! I didn't even click on the link

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

post #9 of 566 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 10:21 PM

So we need another thread to show wheels on a truck purchased today?
IF a person searched the forum for tires, wheels, etc....the thread would pop up. Granted it won't show if the user only searched in the 2nd gen, but from as many people that don't even know you can do that. Correct, it's not a sticky in the 2015 section.

Whys' it going to matter? New wheels are new wheels, right? Not like the pictures are going to be stock wheels anyway.

There are post pictures of your truck.
Of your motorcycle.
Of your .....

None need a specific main header. Again, people are less likely to search first.

I've read too many Post #1's...."Has anybody ever" That exudes nothing but "I don't want to look so just tell me what I want to know right now"

Is it a good idea in theory, absolutely. In practice, not so much (in my opinion).
plumcrazy and Poppyhumphrey like this.
post #10 of 566 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Feel free to lock/delete the thread. Again, every forum I've ever been on had something similar and definitely reduced (not eliminated) the 100+ threads created on a daily basis asking about wheels/tires.
...and isn't that why there is a separate section of the forum for the '15+ models?
savagebob and The_Warlin like this.

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

Last edited by Tilley; 05-07-2015 at 10:52 PM.
post #11 of 566 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 11:00 PM

Garage
I am not interested in anything pre 2015. I am here for the 2nd gen info only. This 2nd gen area should, in my opinion have only relevant info.

2015 Colorado Z71 | Black | CC | SB | 2wd | 3.6 | Bose | Nav | Tow | Factory Spray On Bedliner | LED Bed Lighting | 30" Rigid LED Lightbar | G4 Fold-a-Cover & Caddy | Dash Cam/Rear Cam | Ready Lift 2" Front with Sway Bar Blocks | Auto Spring Add A Leaf | BFG KO2 265/70 17
post #12 of 566 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 11:40 PM

Garage
Quote:

I don't mind doing a search or 2. Just don't want to look through 60 pages of pics of wheels that won't fit my 2015. There are some wheel and suspension upgrades on 2015 trucks here, but it would be nice if they were in a group somewhere under the proper sub forum.

2015 Colorado Z71 | Black | CC | SB | 2wd | 3.6 | Bose | Nav | Tow | Factory Spray On Bedliner | LED Bed Lighting | 30" Rigid LED Lightbar | G4 Fold-a-Cover & Caddy | Dash Cam/Rear Cam | Ready Lift 2" Front with Sway Bar Blocks | Auto Spring Add A Leaf | BFG KO2 265/70 17
post #13 of 566 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 01:05 AM

It's up to the site owner to create forums.

I'm just speaking from my own experiences of what I notice frequently.
Yes some do search, of course. Some can navigate the site pretty well. Other struggle. There is no blame. It's just the way it is. Most everybody has a livelihood on computers and are savvy, but not all of them.

My personal opinion is that in 4 months a tire/wheel section would be chaos. Thinking about it today, it sounds delightful though. How easy is it to find 2015 information today? The 2015 has been around for 4-5 months and the site has blown up with new members. Many threads are duplicate and triplicate. How many rattling steering wheel threads. Or threads how to use bluetooth. Repeated new threads asking how to remove the air dam. It's all right there for people to read already. Doesn't mean it's used.
Moderators are moving and merging threads several times a week. Again, that's just how it will be and it will not change. Another section is a temporary solution. When there are 16 pages of new wheels, people will want a better way to not look through 16 pages, and the first post from a new member will ask "What is the best wheel I can buy".
I'd welcome a new category in the 2015 for showing tires. There is a tires section now though.....if it's not being used for that already then I'm just not seeing how a NEW tires section would be beneficial.
post #14 of 566 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 10:56 AM

Every car forum I've been a part of had specific stickied wheel, tire, suspension, etc. threads by model line. I second the notion that I don't want to search through tons of pictures of wheels on a previous platform to find pics/specs on 2015+ trucks.
post #15 of 566 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 11:29 AM

In the event the admin elects not to add a new category. You can click on the button that links you to the last post since your last log on.
Then you have to only look at pictures that were added since yesterday, for example.
Not your favorite solution, but at least it will prevent the user from going through old pictures.

Or like I mentioned the other day, there is already a tire category (you're already in it).

How about if we make a new thread and merge all of the existing pictures with tires into the thread?
post #16 of 566 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
It's up to the site owner to create forums.

I'm just speaking from my own experiences of what I notice frequently.
Yes some do search, of course. Some can navigate the site pretty well. Other struggle. There is no blame. It's just the way it is. Most everybody has a livelihood on computers and are savvy, but not all of them.

My personal opinion is that in 4 months a tire/wheel section would be chaos. Thinking about it today, it sounds delightful though. How easy is it to find 2015 information today? The 2015 has been around for 4-5 months and the site has blown up with new members. Many threads are duplicate and triplicate. How many rattling steering wheel threads. Or threads how to use bluetooth. Repeated new threads asking how to remove the air dam. It's all right there for people to read already. Doesn't mean it's used.
Moderators are moving and merging threads several times a week. Again, that's just how it will be and it will not change. Another section is a temporary solution. When there are 16 pages of new wheels, people will want a better way to not look through 16 pages, and the first post from a new member will ask "What is the best wheel I can buy".
I'd welcome a new category in the 2015 for showing tires. There is a tires section now though.....if it's not being used for that already then I'm just not seeing how a NEW tires section would be beneficial.

Hmmmm... I may be off here, but it seems like there is some miscommunication. I'm just asking people to post up their wheels/tires/suspension mods in THIS thread. Not to make a whole other section for it lol And obviously it's up to you guys (mods) whether or not it gets stickied or not

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

post #17 of 566 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 12:36 PM

Garage
Yeah not sure why the mod is getting frustrated at this. I don't really want to look through anyones tires mods etc Pre 2015. What's the point? Completely different spacing. I think this post is a viable option.

Anyways pics to come tomorrow of my new 32.6" KO2
Painkiller and Blev2922 like this.
post #18 of 566 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 12:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mparnelly View Post
Yeah not sure why the mod is getting frustrated at this. I don't really want to look through anyones tires mods etc Pre 2015. What's the point? Completely different spacing. I think this post is a viable option.

Anyways pics to come tomorrow of my new 32.6" KO2
What is the actual measurements of your KO2's?
post #19 of 566 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 01:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmduran1 View Post
What is the actual measurements of your KO2's?
265/70/18

Won't fit unless you throw a level kit in. I can supply pics of them next to the truck? But my mount and balance appointment is tomorrow
Also will be getting a small spacer when someone comes out with them just for that more aggressive look. Not really into buying new Wheels until maybe a year or 2 down the road.

Summit White Colorado LT
http://coloradofans.com/forums/145-2...ew-cab-lt.html
Check out my list of mods with updated pics above!
post #20 of 566 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 01:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mparnelly View Post
265/70/18

Won't fit unless you throw a level kit in. I can supply pics of them next to the truck? But my mount and balance appointment is tomorrow
Also will be getting a small spacer when someone comes out with them just for that more aggressive look. Not really into buying new Wheels until maybe a year or 2 down the road.
Thanks. I'm running KO2's in 275/65-18. 32.1".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode