2inch leveling kit with 1.5 inch body - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Bee View Post
It's really not that bad and you'll just get so used to it being there anyways. Could always take it off and do a bed mount or something with a 5th wheel if youre going with a custom setup. But (correct me if im wrong people) The only way youll get 2.5-3" up front on a level is if you go with something like a strut spacer + eibachs/bilsteins, or coilovers. I think the max level kit up front is a 2.5" from MaxTrac where it uses a coil and strut spacer. But, then you're sacrificing your travel. Also found that ProComp also has a 2.5" level kit as well. Before I decided on my eibachs+body lift I was contemplating eibachs+procomp spacer (never called to see if they sold it seperately) and a 1" inch block in the rear, but I'm happy how my current setup came out. Not too high, not too low, and clears my 265s without cutting. Overall the front sits 3.5" over stock, and the rear sits 1.5" over stock (which is about 3.0" total, being that the rear is approx. 1.5" +/- higher than the front=rake, and I think the duramax is slightly higher in the back). Good temporary setup until I buyout the lease, or decide to opt for a ZR2 in a couple of years and go full prerunner with Bajakits. Just know that Zone Offroad quoted my installer 4hrs just for the body lift. It'll be the labor that gets you unless you have members that live close by and can help out.
Thanks for the info. There actually is a 3 inch spacer for the front but it'll probably kill the ride quality. I did talk to procomp. The spacers cannot be bought separate but the preload spacer is 1.5 inches of lift and their top hat spacer is 1 inch. I already have a zone 1.25 and would use that.

Looks like I may go with eibachs or a 2 inch spacer and then one of the body lifts. Hopefully my 265s don't look small. They almost look small on my small level kit now... I think some wheel spacers would solve that though.

As far as install, I'm planning on doing it myself. I'll have a buddy give a hand if I need it or maybe open the invitation to some forum members.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombots View Post
Thanks for the info. There actually is a 3 inch spacer for the front but it'll probably kill the ride quality. I did talk to procomp. The spacers cannot be bought separate but the preload spacer is 1.5 inches of lift and their top hat spacer is 1 inch. I already have a zone 1.25 and would use that.

Looks like I may go with eibachs or a 2 inch spacer and then one of the body lifts. Hopefully my 265s don't look small. They almost look small on my small level kit now... I think some wheel spacers would solve that though.

As far as install, I'm planning on doing it myself. I'll have a buddy give a hand if I need it or maybe open the invitation to some forum members.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
No problem. Thanks for the correction. I can say with only just over 1500 miles on my truck. My eibachs are already more comfortable than the stock. My stocks were just a tad bit more broken in, and Ive only been on the eibachs for only 200 miles or so (not sure how long it takes to break them in) but going over bumps, gutters, potholes seems to be soaked up a little more. 265s will look just fine, but my offset and BS made my tires perfect in line with the fenders, maybe an inch out. 285s and youll have to cut off that small sliver of plastic that the bottom Torx screws screw into on the bottom of the fender liner (reference post #12) on the following link.

2.5" lift with bigger tires rubbing

Yea, thatd be best. @goleee33 offered to help me out at his pops but our days off don't exactly line up :/
goleee33 likes this.

2017 Summit White Colorado Z71
CC, 4X4, V6, SB

Mods:
Eibach Pro
Zone Offroad 1.5" BL
Icon Swaybar Reloc.
Autosprings Diff. Drop
Swaybar Endlinks
Fuel Vectors 17" (custom painted matte gray)
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265/70/17 E-load
Blackoak 30" curved LED
RC mounting brackets
Rigid Industries Security Hardware Kit
Powdercoated Tow hooks
Illuminated Front Emblem // Black Rear Emblem
Tyger Armor Star Armor Side Step/Nerf Bars
Amerex B417 Fire Extinguisher
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 08:44 AM

Hey im still waiting for pictures with the spacers set up.

2016 Z71 Colorado Trail Boss Owner

Youtube Channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode