Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Rough Country 4 and 5 inch lift kits

29K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  shft22 
#1 ·
Was looking at rough country's new 6" lift but it may be too high for my liking. Has anyone done or seen the 4 or 5 inch so I can see what it would look like? Thanks a bunch!

#6 ·
I'm in the process dealing with Rough Country now for our SEMA build (2016 Colorado) for G.M. I'm personally interested in the 4" lift. My tech has installed their product before on a few vehicles, so I feel pretty good about their product. I will update when I have more information to share.

#8 ·
Well it's official, Rough Country came on board today and shipping their 4" lift for our 2016 Colorado build for G.M. I'll be featured in Covercraft booth #23243 center hall, plus our build will be featured in SEMA Magazine's SEMA issue, and The Shop Magazine issue after SEMA. I will post finished build pictures especially engine spec's after SEMA unveiling per G.M. request. I agree with Suns_PSD, I personality like this size lift for build.

#22 ·
I have been searching for any pictures of the 4" RC lift and they don't seam to exist. Does anyone have a picture of the 4" RC lift on a Colorado. Thanks
Here's my 4" lift

Attachments

#20 ·
I have the RC 4 inch lift on my 2017 CCLB, it looks great and drives just as good. For tires I have the 275/70/R18 (33in) which required cutting an inch out of the the plastic "waffles" at the fore of the front wheel wells. No rubbing on frame, control arms, etc. I would not go higher than this on this truck, it's too narrow for a 6 inch. I would be afraid of rolling it over at that height.

#21 ·
Just had a conversation with RC and they say no factory rims will fit their kit. I was planning to go with the 4" lift but keeping my factory 18" wheels with 1.5" spacer(can go more if need be), but according to them this is a no go.

I thought I read here somewhere that some people have done this, can some one confirm for me that factory 18" with spacers will clear or not clear the 4" lift.

Thank you.

#27 ·
I thought I read here somewhere that some people have done this, can some one confirm for me that factory 18" with spacers will clear or not clear the 4" lift.

Thank you.
Like I said before, the 18's will fit on the 4 inch lift with spacers and some modifications to the front of the wheel wells. This involves removing about an inch of plastic from the plastic bracket that reinforces the outer bumper. It's pretty easy to do if you have already removed the air dam.

Attachments

#25 ·
My opinion is that the RC 4" looks perfect on the crew cab short bed or the extended cab long bed with some 32s.

And that the now discontinued RC 5" looks perfect on the CC LB with some 33s.

Both need some small flares and wheel spacing to look correct.

#28 ·
Paul, yes I had read your previous posts, actually your pictures is what has persuade me to go with this setup.

Issue I have is I am planning to use factory 18" wheels, you seem to have aftermarket.

I believe the factory wheels have 1.5" back space, I already added a 1.5" spacers to my truck, and this makes the tires even with the fenders, if all I have to do is an additional .5 or 1" of spacing I am OK with that, but I am not sure if that is all it will take.

#29 ·
Yes I have Helo wheels. I think my back-spacing is 2.5 inches. I had my lift done through the dealer's source, so I don't know for sure. The edge of the tires stick out about an inch outside the fender sheet metal. (I have the extra-wide flares). I think you are going to need more than 1.5 inches. The most critical thing is probably not the wheel itself but the tire diameter. In my case they are 33.1 inches. The front wheel well is just too small in front to allow the tire to clear. It may drive OK level and until you compress the springs a little you won't notice the rubbing. You will want that spacing to be just right, otherwise the rubbing point will be at the fender flare itself and you will have big problems. Trimming inside the well is a manageable task. The back-spacing definitely prevents rubbing against the frame, control arms etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.