1.5" Spacers, stock Canyon 18" wheels, no lift. - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 05:55 PM

Duratracs

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiddall View Post
Good info, we have similar taste it looks like. Duratracs are what I was looking at as well, especially as they're on sale at my local Canadian tire for 100 off each tire. I don't really want to do a body lift though, so I think I have some more research to do.
Let me know what you come up with, I'm looking to add Duratracs. I haven't done a level kit or lift yet but like the appeal and function of the Duras.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckFarmer View Post
It's no different than running a wheel with less offset.
yes it is, it changes the leverage points from 45 to 90 degrees with that extra 1.5"

Last edited by Brayan Rosales; 11-05-2016 at 08:01 PM.
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 09:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to DuckFarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayan Rosales View Post
yes it is, it changes the leverage points from 45 to 90 degrees with that extra 1.5"

I've heard people say this before, but my simple mind still doesn't see it. How is it any different than running a wheel that sticks the tire and wheel out any further?

Andy

2015 GMC Canyon Crew Cab Long Box All Terrain 4x4
3.6 V6 | Onyx Black | Leer truck cap | 2" leveling kit | 265/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3 all terrains | Anzo LED black tail lights |

Old truck (RIP)
2007 GMC Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 4x4
3.7L I5 Auto | Summit White | A.R.E. truck cap | Westin running boards | Air Lift adjustable air springs | General Grabber AT2 All Terrains |

post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 11:00 PM

I was reading on a forum that with 275's it is only about 65lb more of wear and tear that you are putting on them, the G's on turns is where the most wear happens.

It's not going to happen overnight, you might do 100k or more before something happens, or you might have a defective bearing that goes out anyway.

It's your truck mate, I've seen videos of ball bearings being replaced and it's not that hard, I just haven't done it.

They do have an effect, but as to what degree no body knows.

https://youtu.be/hWijfooeSyU?t=2m25s This might help.

Last edited by Brayan Rosales; 11-06-2016 at 11:03 PM.
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

no different. changing track width will add wear sure, that's agreed, but not more wear with spacers than with wheels with an offset that pushes them out 1.5" it's the change in track width that does it, not the method.

I'm not sure where you got either 45 or 90 degrees from, maybe my math is very rusty or my eyesight and estimation skills are completely missing but i don't think anything related to my spacer install is or was at either angle.

Many of the guys running really wide are on huge tires, with huge flexi sidewalls too, which would really exaggerate that added stress, and I haven't heard a ton of bearing failure stories yet. These are stock size tires with the smallest factory sidewall available on the canyon in 2015. So again, not worried.

Here's a better diagram, with measurements etc. After decreasing the offset by 45mm the hub mounting point is almost dead center of the rim. they are inch and a half spacers, not foot and a half.

2015 Canyon SLE RWD, Undercover Flex Tonneau, 1.5" Wheel spacers, 2" RC Level, K&N 63 Series CAI, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust, Trifecta Tuned

Last edited by isiddall; 11-07-2016 at 10:40 AM. Reason: added diagram
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 05:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to DuckFarmer
Quote:
I was reading on a forum that with 275's it is only about 65lb more of wear and tear that you are putting on them, the G's on turns is where the most wear happens.

It's not going to happen overnight, you might do 100k or more before something happens, or you might have a defective bearing that goes out anyway.

It's your truck mate, I've seen videos of ball bearings being replaced and it's not that hard, I just haven't done it.

They do have an effect, but as to what degree no body knows.

https://youtu.be/hWijfooeSyU?t=2m25s This might help.
I'm not disagreeing with you at all that widening your track width from the hub increases wear--that's a given. My point though, is that HOW you widen the track width from the hub is irrelevant (ie if it's via less offset or a wheel spacer). You may still be right, but I just don't see how mechanically and physically it's any different.

Quote:
no different. changing track width will add wear sure, that's agreed, but not more wear with spacers than with wheels with an offset that pushes them out 1.5" it's the change in track width that does it, not the method.
Exactly what I was trying to say.

Andy

2015 GMC Canyon Crew Cab Long Box All Terrain 4x4
3.6 V6 | Onyx Black | Leer truck cap | 2" leveling kit | 265/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3 all terrains | Anzo LED black tail lights |

Old truck (RIP)
2007 GMC Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 4x4
3.7L I5 Auto | Summit White | A.R.E. truck cap | Westin running boards | Air Lift adjustable air springs | General Grabber AT2 All Terrains |
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFreem View Post
Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech

1" spacers from these guys worked perfect with the Procomp Nitro kit. Stock 18's & Toyo 285/65 RT's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hub centric 1" is what I was wanting to go with. Not wild about shaving all the studs down.
Did you have to shave or cut them down, and how big of a chore is that?

Is anyone running the 1.25 " spacers ?
1.25" I think would keep me insider my fenders, maybe, I do have the OEM wheel flairs with OEM Rim's.

2016 Colorado Dmax 4x4 White LT
Mods:
Icon Stage V Suspension
1" rear lift blocks
Fuel Black Anza 18x8 Rims
Toyo Open County AT 285/60/18 tires
Duramax Tuner tune and Trans tune
Drop in bed liner and rubber Chevy mat
Black bow ties
Black OEM fender flairs
Custom built lighted headache rack and rails
Westin Brute crossover tool box

Other vehicles:
2015 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 White Laramie
2011 Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 White
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Hi guys,

I'll be installing a 2" RC level kit on Tuesday then shopping for tires. But for now I popped on some 1.5" Spacers with my stock wheels and stock size winter tires. Thought I'd post some before and after pics as I couldn't find many. I think it looks pretty good, lots less roll in corners too.
Looks great! I was contemplating doing the same. Any rub with the wheels/tires?

2016 GMC Canyon CC 4x4 AT SB Onyx Black
Westin Pro Traxx 4
Trifecta Advantage Performance Tune
American Tri-Fold Soft Tonneau
Morimoto XB LED Fog Lights
Custom LED Bedlights
Diode Dynamics Cargo/Reverse/License Plate Bulbs
Morimoto XB35 5500K HID Low Beams
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
Looks great! I was contemplating doing the same. Any rub with the wheels/tires?
None at all. It was pretty close to the factory mudflaps while turning and going up a decent incline at once, but never actually touched. Quite happy with these.

2015 Canyon SLE RWD, Undercover Flex Tonneau, 1.5" Wheel spacers, 2" RC Level, K&N 63 Series CAI, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust, Trifecta Tuned
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 04:42 PM

About how far out past the fenders are your 1.5's. Looking that the front fender by the picture it looks like over an inch at the front of the fender, maybe half inch at the top center of the fender and maybe 1/ 4" at the back. Then the rear tires look more like 1/4 in all around. Do you have sort of feel for rather 1.25 spacer would bring them back inside or flush.

Mods:
Icon Stage V Suspension
1" rear lift blocks
Black bow ties
Black OEM fender flairs

Other vehicles:
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

they poke about 1/2" at the top, I bet 1.25's with the oem flares would be pretty much flush at the top.
CC1999 likes this.

post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 05:05 PM

Dang looks good brother!
isiddall likes this.

Gotta live the mile high life
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 10:42 PM

Do you have any pictures from farther away? Contemplating these for Xmas :) Have a canyon SLT and want to see what it looks like aside from a straight down the side view.
CanyonITHAULS likes this.
post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenCoColorado View Post
Do you have any pictures from farther away? Contemplating these for Xmas :) Have a canyon SLT and want to see what it looks like aside from a straight down the side view.
couple other angles

post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
couple other angles

sexy...
isiddall likes this.

Westin Pro Traxx 4
Custom LED Bedlights
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1999 View Post
Hub centric 1" is what I was wanting to go with. Not wild about shaving all the studs down.
Did you have to shave or cut them down, and how big of a chore is that?

Is anyone running the 1.25 " spacers ?
1.25" I think would keep me insider my fenders, maybe, I do have the OEM wheel flairs with OEM Rim's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CC1999 likes this.
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 03:48 PM

Thanks
I ended up buying both a set a 1" and a set of 1.25s. after playing around with them looks like the 1" is right where I am wanting them to set, the 1.25 does work with an OEM rim that has the notch out on the back. The 1" will have to have the starter nubs on the studs cut off, doesn't look like you have to get into the threaded part of the studs at all to make the 1" clear on a OEM rim.

Mods:
Icon Stage V Suspension
1" rear lift blocks
Black bow ties
Black OEM fender flairs

Other vehicles:
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 01:05 PM

Garage
Looks so much better pushing the wheels out. I eventually splurged on new wheels for my H2 with a huge offset compared to the stock. The wider stance looks so much better than being so tucked in.

My problem is I don't really plan on spending a bunch of money on new wheels since I only have 1k on the odo. Spacers would make the stockers look so much better though....decisions decisions...

Those of you with HUB centric spacers, would you mind posting links to where you bought them?

2016 GMC Canyon SLT Cyber Grey, 4" MaxTrac lift with 2" RC level kit, Nitto Crosstek 275/70/18's, 2" Billet Spacers, LED's throughout, Iron Cross steps, Line-X, Stubby Jr, GMC All Weather floor mats, Bull Rings x9, DRL harness, OPT7 LED lows and fogs
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1999 View Post
Thanks
I ended up buying both a set a 1" and a set of 1.25s. after playing around with them looks like the 1" is right where I am wanting them to set, the 1.25 does work with an OEM rim that has the notch out on the back. The 1" will have to have the starter nubs on the studs cut off, doesn't look like you have to get into the threaded part of the studs at all to make the 1" clear on a OEM rim.
Do you have any pictures of 1.25 vs 1" spacers on a Canyon. Im of the same mindset as you as far as how far the wheels stick out.

Westin Pro Traxx 4
Custom LED Bedlights
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 01:45 PM

Lenny at http://www.motorsport-tech.com/ will get you dialed in. I don't know about some of you guys, but I personally wouldn't run eBay adapters that are made in China. They might be made from the same aluminum as Bora, but I wouldn't take a chance with my $40k ride. Support your local American made products, and don't be cheap. I'm running Bora adapters, 1.25's in the front and 3/4" in the rear. I didn't measure my wheel base stock, but when I installed the Eibach leveling shocks at 2", I had a 1" wider wheel base in the rear, which didn't look good with 1.25's on all four. Lenny was very accommodating and let me trade the two 1.25's for 3/4". Now wheel base is perfect front to rear, and gives a nice wider stance. I did have to cut the rear lugs, but not the front.Tires stick out maybe 1/2" past fender on my Colorado, but I've heard the Canyon's wells are a little different, tucked in a little more if I'm not mistaken. Maybe someone else can chime in on that. Anyway, I love the look and feel now. I'll try to post up some pics later today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode