Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Problem with Goodyear duratrac

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  LakLakLakLak-Z71 
#1 ·
The goodyears that came on my truck look like they have a manufacturing defect. One wheel has split open on the sidewall right where the treadmill starts. Any idea what I can do with this? Should it be covered by some warranty from Goodyear? Or am I just SOL and will have to buy myself a new tire. I've got less than 6000 miles on the truck. Could you take a look at the picture and let me know what you think? It doesn't look like I could have hit something to cut it open like that.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Unfortunately Duratracs do slice kinda easily. If any of that gravel has any of those sharper triangular/pyramid crushed pieces I could see a nice corner turn could have done a cut/gouge like that.

Being that you said it's leaking though, that's is unusual. As many similar slices Ive had and seen people post on DTs I don't think Ive seen any that have gone through.

You sure there's not a piece of metal half buried in that road somewhere? I'd be curious to know if the object may be inside the tire when you have it changed.

#9 ·
If it's leaking, it will need to be replaced. That's too far over the shoulder to repair.

As far as what did it, you probably just nicked a piece of steel scrap laying in the road. Being in the shoulder like that you may not have even noticed any impact. But all it takes is a sharp corner on a piece of metal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Unfortunately no tire shop around here stocks the duratrac. With only 5500 miles on the truck I'm really not looking to get all new tires just to replace one so looks like I'm ordering them off of Wal-Marts website and putting the spare on when I get home.

#11 ·
When i bought my truck i asked about the tire warranty. As far as i understand it you're fully covered for 12mo/12,000 on tires for a new replacement. Anything after that its prorated to 50k. (per my chevy dealer and salesperson). Independent from that Goodyear offers a 50K mileage warranty against defects. I checked with my distributor when i first bought the truck to see what replacement cost on the tires look like down the road and it says warranty 50k on the order screen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.