Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Ordered level kit

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Fubar2016 
#1 ·
I went ahead and ordered my 1.25" level kit.
Observation and main reason for posting:
I hadn't heard about TUFF Country (not Rough Country) before today. They are really proud of being made in the USA.
I did some amount of research on Zone and they certainly don't state they are USA made so am assuming not, seem to be a company held by some megacorporation, I would have to research it all over again as I am getting bleary eyed over the whole thing. But anyways I am happy to buy USA whenever possibly and this was about $80, so that's fine. Did not research Rough Country as I was set on a 1.25 and they only do 1" on the lower lift size.
Truck will be ordered in a week or two. Will have parts ready for it.

#2 ·
Zone is a division of Sport Truck USA who also have BDS, JKS, RT Pro and a couple other under them. They have an address listed in Michigan and they claim on the site that their products are made in the USA.

Anyway, a level kit isn't to crazy of a design or anything so most should be pretty good.
Good luck once you get the truck.

#3 ·
Zone is a division of Sport Truck USA who also have BDS, JKS, RT Pro and a couple other under them. They have an address listed in Michigan and they claim on the site that their products are made in the USA.
I really poured over their site to see if they were US-made. I would assume they would want to make sure that info was obvious. They sure don't, not like Tuff Country does. I researched the parent company you mention as well, and still don't see anything saying anything is US made. Tuff Country was also about $30 more. Zone can blame themselves for not making the sale, they should know a lot of people will buy US made goods if that is an option.
Interested if anyone has a Zone 1.25 level kit, if there is anything on the packaging.
Tommy Boy:
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of ****. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
Ted Nelson: Okay, I'll buy from you.
Tommy: Well, that's... What?

#4 ·
In the about us it said they were made in USA.

#6 ·
Can you do a copy and paste of that? I was really looking to save $30 and buy from them. I know it shouldn't matter much, just a glorified chunk of metal. I'm sure I am not the only one who would consider it a selling point.

#5 ·
Tuff country has been around for years. I had a 4" lift on my 87 K5 blazer of theirs and it was amazing. The front leaf spring were soft and had very good flex which the kit was known for.
Also if you research more about them they had done huge sponsorships with Peterson's 4 wheel magazine and the ultimate adventure trucks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Areas on their site where it would the the spot to mention made in USA:
"Benefits of Zone Compare the service and products of Zone before you buy.
Experience We've been involved in designing and selling lifted suspension systems for over 20 years.Excellent customer service Call us at 888-998-ZONE and talk to a knowledgeable, live person. Even e-mails are answered very quickly.Competitive pricingOur kits have been designed to fit your budget without sacrificing quality or performance.Fast Shipping Order by 1pm est. for same day shipping on in-stock products and you choose the shipping method.Quality Products Zone products are manufactured with premium materials and skilled workmanship.Designed for Easy Installation Full 3D modeling is used to ensure an easy installation and long term performance.Detailed, Easy to Follow Instructions Every kit inc"

"Sport Truck USA Zone Offroad Products was developed to bring you quality offroad products at the BEST VALUE in the industry. Zone Offroad is an engineering & manufacturing division of Sport Truck USA with over 20 years of experience serving offroad enthusiasts. Competitive pricing, quality parts, fast shipping, and unmatched customer service is what Zone Offroad is all about."

All I am seeing is "best value", if they are "best value" and made in the USA don't you think it would say? No way to find out without ordering or asking, but I think I know the answer. Just like good ol Smittybilt, sound pretty darn American, American address (like Zone being in a little ol town in Michigan), you get it to the door....Chinese again. Thanks Yang, good job.

#8 · (Edited)
Quick post before work:
I even wanted the Zone, had me with the e-coating thing? Plus cheaper? Go to the Zone and Tuff Country website and tell me what you think. I didn't even see an "about us" section on the Zone website to be honest, but I know I saw "Michigan" but that doesn't mean anything. Go to both and tell me which you think is American made products. Hint: one makes it VERY obvious, the other leaves you wonder as it doesn't actually say where anything is made. I know, just a couple chunk of metal and some nuts.
To be fair, Zone has more options, all Tuff Country has for this truck is the 1.25" spacer.

EDIT actually that's all Zone has is 1.25 also, RC has 1" and 2" and I don't want either. I know there is a 1.5" option also, not sure where they make stuff but have settled on 1.25" after seeing pics of trucks with all options I could find.

#9 ·
From sporttruckusainc.com on the Zone Offroad page

Quality Products – Zone products are manufactured in the USA with premium materials and skilled workmanship.

#10 ·
Thanks, I found it following the hints you made. VERY hard, they make it was too hard, which still leaves a nagging doubt, but what is done is done. Anyone buy a 1.25 Zone
kit that can look on the box to see if it definitely says? If they are making stuff in the USA they should make that easy to find like Tuff Country.

#11 ·
I just installed the 1.25 Zone today... not a bad job. Good instructions, but would be better with a tools required section. The first side takes longer as you have to get your tool sizes sorted out...

#12 ·
So, please, if you don't mind, I don't know if it comes in a box or bag or whatever, do they say in the packaging where it is manufactured? You must still have it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.