Before I Pull The Trigger... - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 03:52 AM Thread Starter

Before I Pull The Trigger...

So, obviously new to the forum. Been creeping around for a little reading up on as much as I can and soaking in < 1% of it all. Coming from the car world, to my first truck, wanted to get your guys' opinion on this setup to see if it works before pulling the trigger and spending unnecessary $$$. Don't want to run into fitment or rubbing issues if possible.

Eibach PRO RHA Fronts for the 2"
Eibach Pro rears
1" inch block rear (ICON)
Procomp .5" front spacer (if theyll sell it separately, or if I need to buy full kit :*[
Fuel Vectors 17x8.5 with Offset:7 Backspace: 5.0"
Falken AT3W LT 285/70/17
AS Diff Drop
Icon swaybar reloc.
Swaybar endlinks

Also, throwing an idea out there...If I wanted to step it up to a 3 inch with the Eibachs, I'm guessing I could swap the Procomp .5 spacer with a 1 inch RC level, then assuming I read @kaiser67 post correctly in another thread, use the GM rear block, as he said, "The GM blocks I used are actually closer to 1.5 inches when I measured them than 1." Could just be a manufacturing error, not sure. But I'm assuming that would level it out to a 3 in front (2" eibach + 1" RC level) and 1.5" block in the rear, being that the rear is approximately 1.5" +/- higher than stock. Any help or comments would be appreciated as I've read and searched the forums top to bottom with what little time I do have to research outside of work.

P.s. Some might ask, why not just go Kings, or Fox, Icon, etc. Well, I plan too. But, not until after my lease has ended and I've bought out the vehicle and I can dump money into better suspension, front bumper, winch, etc. and make this my longer term project. Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited by Jay Bee; 04-02-2017 at 07:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 04:29 AM

Garage
I am running the RC combo lift 3.25"
2" leveling kit and 1.25" body lift and had very slight rubbing on the fender liners (outside edge of tire when turning hard) with 17x8.5 00 offset Methods and Falken AT3W 265/70r17s.

285/70r17s will more than likely require fender trimming.

Be careful going more than 2" up front as the stock upper a-arm ball joints can bind.

'16 EC LB 3.6L V-6
2" RC leveling kit & 1.25" RC body lift
Airdam delete
Raptorliner DIY bedliner
Method Grid Wheels -Special Thanks to JT@Bajakits with stainless beadlock bolts
Falken Wildpeak AT3 265/70/17
NFAB W2W nerf bars/steps
OEM fog light kit
OEM fender flares

As soon as $$ permits...Bajakits Upper A-arms and King coilovers and rear shocks.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 05:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrettb189 View Post
I am running the RC combo lift 3.25"
2" leveling kit and 1.25" body lift and had very slight rubbing on the fender liners (outside edge of tire when turning hard) with 17x8.5 00 offset Methods and Falken AT3W 265/70r17s.

285/70r17s will more than likely require fender trimming.

Be careful going more than 2" up front as the stock upper a-arm ball joints can bind.

So would doing the eibachs and the RC body lift get around having to get new upper A-arms for now? Cause the eibachs would just be replacing your 2" leveling kit. And I see you have the Bajakits planned out for the future. Any comment on the extent of the fender trimming?

Another toss up...Zone 1.5 body lift with the Eibachs at either 1.4 or 2.0....Setting up at 1.4 essentially would give a 2.9" with a 3.0" rear overall look, vs the 2" setting with an overall 3.5 front and 3.0 rear. Now, do I need to be worried about the A Arms binding if I only plan on doing either minimum or light trails?

Also, offsets and backspacing (seems to be a truck thing) has always been confusing to me. Sitting at roughly 3" of ride height, with the Fuel Vector wheels, would a 1.25 or 1.5 spacer help alleviate rubbing? Thanks!

Last edited by Jay Bee; 04-02-2017 at 09:02 AM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 11:34 AM

If you don't want to spend to much and still have a dependable driving truck , I went with a Heavy Metal (amazon/EBay) 3.5 lift. I'm running 285/70/17 Trail Grapplers on Black Rhino wheels 5.5 backspacing with some minor fender trim.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1389_1491147265916.jpg (104.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1391_1491147288603.jpg (102.0 KB, 24 views)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 11:39 AM

eBay
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_1406_1491147543038.PNG (752.2 KB, 51 views)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Really trying to stay with Eibachs to keep/increase the ride comfort, but at the same time want to achieve a 3" (with the zone 1.5) lift as it seems that some people are able to run 285s with some fender trimming of course (unless a 1.25 or 1.5 wheel spacer with Vector offset/backspace will do the trick). Take @goleee33 for example. He's running a 2.5 inch setup with 285s with what looks like some minor fender trimming (correct me if I'm wrong please :) The extra half inch should give a weeeeeeeeee little more space.

Just thought of this...can you run eibachs with a 1.5 body lift? Or doesn't that essentially raise the body, requiring a longer shock?

P.s. your truck looks great @jacobkayla just want to increase the comfort at the same time. Thanks for the input!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 07:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Bee View Post
Really trying to stay with Eibachs to keep/increase the ride comfort, but at the same time want to achieve a 3" (with the zone 1.5) lift as it seems that some people are able to run 285s with some fender trimming of course (unless a 1.25 or 1.5 wheel spacer with Vector offset/backspace will do the trick). Take @goleee33 for example. He's running a 2.5 inch setup with 285s with what looks like some minor fender trimming (correct me if I'm wrong please :) The extra half inch should give a weeeeeeeeee little more space.

Just thought of this...can you run eibachs with a 1.5 body lift? Or doesn't that essentially raise the body, requiring a longer shock?

P.s. your truck looks great @jacobkayla just want to increase the comfort at the same time. Thanks for the input!

Yes I am running a 285 Falken. Great tire! As for trimming, 70% of the trimming was the inner fender well in the front. There is just a plastic support behind where I dremeled the required spacing and just zip tied the existing fender well back through the screw holes. Holds just fine. For the back (near the cab) a little bit of the pinch weld had to be trimmed and quite a bit of the black plastic piece but that's easy. 98% of the cutting was all plastic.

NEW TRUCK
2015 Colorado Crew Cab Z71 4X4 - Summit White
KN 63 Series intake - LineX - 30" GGLighting LED Bar - Front/Rear Adujustable King Shocks - Bajakits +2.5 4x4 Pre Runner Kit - Method Double Standard Wheels - Falken AT3W 285/70/17 - Deaver Mini Pack inserts

OLD TRUCK
2004 Colorado Crew Cab Z85. I5 2wd
5inch CST lift
LIFTED COLORADO CLUB MEMBER # 123
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 07:57 PM

I completely understand I'm already looking ahead to maybe go with some Fox coilovers but I just could not stand for the low oem stance.. on a budget just wanted to get it of the ground .. a 1.5 zone bodylift is in the foreseen future.. This is an expensive hobby by lots of fun. Thanks and good luck keep us updated on your rigs transformation .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode