Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Photos of lifted CC LB trucks only requested Please.

11K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Lazerado 
#1 ·
I have dug around a ton and have found very few photos of what I am looking for.

Was really hoping to see all photos (include tire spec please) of 3"-6" lifted CC LONGBED Twins. I really m trying to hone in on what I want and since I've never gotten to see one in person, this is really the best I can do.

Can anyone share a few?

Thanks!

PS. My current considerations are the 5" Rough Country lift or instead try to keep it a bit less extreme and go with something like a simple 3-3.5" strut lift kit which is more functional.

#2 ·
sub'd

I have seen 2 lifted SB in person, haven't seen any LB yet.

#3 ·
My inspiration pictures are mostly CCLB, and they're all from the board, but I don't have them tagged with who they belong to. The red one is my favorite and my goal for my Cyber Grey.

Attachments

#5 ·
Bds 5.5":

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
Suns_PSD: Please note that the front wheel wells on the Colorado are really tight. I added Bushwacker flares and get a tiny rub on the drivers side only when steering hard left on uneven ground; my 305/55 tires are the max size that will fit. The bigger lift negates the issue with the front dam getting hit off road; I like it a lot. I like the Fuel Vector rims as they are non-bling.

Also, the BDS kit replaces the knuckles so the standard rim size will not fit making the spare useless.

#8 ·
You actually can go bigger.
Your 305/55/20s are roughly 33" tall (by 12" wide). They (Zone/BDS) say you can run a 305/70/17 which is basically 34" tall and 12" wide
I'm running 295/70/17s, which are IIRC 33.5" tall.
Of course these are generic numbers, as every manufacturer's same-sized tires measure out differently

#9 ·
You guys are great! Thanks and keep them coming.

I've had big lifted trucks in the past and my wife hates them and they can be a bif inconvenient as I load stuff daily. Plus mpg blah blah...

But I have to get 'the look' just right and I'm considering 2 different routes.

Both will be on a 2018 Canyon Denali with 1.25" body matched fender flares utilizing stock Denali wheels with 1.5" spacers. I have already begun gathering parts for this build.

I KNOW that I would be pleased with the look of the RC 5" lift on 33s and RC has told me they will provide me with the correct X-member for the Diesel engine.

But the other option I am considering, in a bid to save some money but to also keep the truck more functional for me, is still running the fender flares and wheel spacers but running a simple (cheap!) 3" front end lift/ 2" rear lift on 32s. I'm wondering if the wideness of the stance will give the truck a lot of that look I want without having to deal with the extra height?

I know the height hurts the MPG, stability, and usefulness of the bed and my truck is just for pulling boats,, ski trips, construction sites. and mall crawling.

Since I have NEVER seen a lifted Twin in person, it's sort of hard for me to assess what I can deal with.

Thoughts?

Reactions: custom90gt
#11 ·
...I've had big lifted trucks in the past and my wife hates them and they can be a bif inconvenient as I load stuff daily. Plus mpg blah blah...

But I have to get 'the look' just right and I'm considering 2 different routes.

... RC 5" lift on 33s...

But the other option I am considering, in a bid to save some money but to also keep the truck more functional for me, is still running the fender flares and wheel spacers but running a simple (cheap!) 3" front end lift/ 2" rear lift on 32s. I'm wondering if the wideness of the stance will give the truck a lot of that look I want without having to deal with the extra height?

I know the height hurts the MPG, stability, and usefulness of the bed and my truck is just for pulling boats,, ski trips, construction sites. and mall crawling.

Since I have NEVER seen a lifted Twin in person, it's sort of hard for me to assess what I can deal with.

Thoughts?
Lifted mine 4" front and 2" back, like the look but wouldn't go any higher, works fine for wheeling.
If/when I do it again will go with something like the Auto Springs 2 1/2" front level and rear AAL which is about 1 1/2" lift.
Much cheaper and is definitely adequate for my use, and for yours from the info you posted.
Not a big price investment if you decide to go bigger.
Your wheel stance will make it look much better.

Have fun planning your mods :wink2:

#10 · (Edited)
Personally, I don't think I would do a 5" lift unless using the extra clearance for off road use.

I wanted to do a bunch of off roading with my 1st gen Canyon, so I did a 4" lift, and it worked out great. After a few years though, I found myself not going off road much, largely because I am hours away from any decent legal trails.

Now, I still love the look, and have the capability to go far off the beaten path, but I'm left with a truck that my wife and dog have a harder time getting into, is harder to load cargo into, and sucks more fuel than it needs to.

When I buy my next truck, unless I move to an area with more off road driving opportunities, I will likely not go beyond a level kit, and 31-32" tires.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

#12 ·
Dave, I'm reading your mod list and trying to understand what you did to get the 4" up front.

You did some extended shocks in conjunction with the aftermarket UCAs, and then you added an additional coil spacer? That's a darn expensive (but highly functional) way to get that lift I'm sure?

What is "rear AAL"?

Thanks.

#14 ·
yokev: the extra cm or so of plastic sticking out at the bottom of my front Bushwackers is enough to rub on my 305/55 R20. It only does this on the driver's side when turning left on uneven ground. For me, I'm maxed out tire size. I tried heating the plastic and bending it without luck. The tire has already cut a hole in the plastic and I'm going to make it just a little bigger. The wear is to the left under the Bushwacker logo. The little bump in the design makes no sense to me.

Attachments

#16 ·
I noticed your wheels/tires are pushed out quite a bit, which may have something to do with it. And/or the width of your wheels(I'm just spit-balling here).
Another forum member has an RC 6" lift and IIRC the same size tires I do.
He installed 2" wheel spacers and since his truck looked really good, I did same.
On mine however, my front tires hit the back of the wheel-wells HARD.
He had NO clearance issues, and I had MAJOR ones.
Obviously I had to pull the rip-cord on the spacers, but my point is same truck, different fitment issues

#17 ·
yokev: I got out the tape measure the first day I put the flares on and tried to work out why only the left wheel rubs; the right is tight but even when I tried to make it rub, bouncing around a little turning right it would not rub. You are right about my wheels; the tires are a full 12" wide and they stick out 1.5" from the body; this is why I added Bushwackers as they also stick out 1.5" from the body for most of the curve. In the picture the wheel looks like it sticks out further because the bottom of the flare curves in to the body.

It is possible that there is just a very small difference in the whole body to frame geometry at the front end; I was reading about someone seeing one of the rear wheels stick out a little as if the rear shaft was offset. Someone suggested that it was the body that was offset a little; a factory quality issue.

My bigger concern is what happens when airing down; I haven't tried yet. It's a real shame that the Bushwacker flares have the unnecessary profile at the bottom; also a shame that the factory mud deflectors front and back had to go to install the Bushwackers.

#22 ·
Thanks for all the input guys.

Here is my projected build on an '18 Denali diesel:

1) Power steps (already in my garage)
2) polishing the OEM 20" Denali wheels
3) Pathfinder AT 275/ 55 x 20 tires (33")
4) The .75" wide GM fender flares, painted to match.
5) Bora 1" wheel spacers
6) a solid tune, probably GDE
7) 5" RC lift with the diesel X-member from the 6" kit.

Should be a solid rig that I can hardly wait to order.

Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.