17" 6x120mm ion 134s 6mm offset. DO NOT FIT - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via AIM to EricChevy Send a message via MSN to EricChevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokev View Post
Ion is a shit wheel man. Yours is a common problem with drilled blanks.
Buy a name brand(Method Moto Metal etc.) and you won't have this problem.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking $1500/ea forged wheels here. Matter of fact, they're all made in China.
They simply are sized correctly from the get-go, as opposed to being a drilled blank
Oh, and FWIW, I bought a set of spacers for the Colorado off Amazon.
They're not hard to find

There seems to be 2 definitions used interchangeably for wheel spacers.

1: Wheel spacers, a small pass through slab of metal that pushes the wheel out slightly (less than 1/2") used to clear calipers and such using existing studs.

2: Wheel spacers (wheel adapters), having a full new set of studs and holes to mount to existing studs and pushes the wheel out 1.25"-2". These can either keep existing hole pattern on second set of studs or change to a new hole pattern.

FWIW the second type of "wheel spacer" (wheel adapter) is readily available for purchase from many places (Amazon included). The first definition of "wheel spacer" is not so easy to find for the twins.

Since I was already using a +6mm wheel offset (about an inch more than stock) it was not to my taste to push the wheel out another minimum of 1.25" making for over 2" farther from where the stock wheel started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
yokev likes this.

2017 Colorado Z71 V6-3.6L 4X4 CCSB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 08:14 AM

After you get them on post a picture, interested to see them. Are they Hubcentric? Bore size seems to be exact, but with the 6mm spacer will that affect the hubcentricness?
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
After you get them on post a picture, interested to see them. Are they Hubcentric? Bore size seems to be exact, but with the 6mm spacer will that affect the hubcentricness?

I will post some pics of the spacers and then the wheels with tires mounted.

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 02:42 PM

Wish I would of seen this before I tried to mount everything up. I just put an order in for spacers. I bolted up some washers I had laying around that are 3mm thick and everything cleared so I did mine at 4mm thick. If I knew how thick the wall was on that cross bar of the caliper was I would just knock off the edge of it. What also might work is a brake caliper relocation kit and some larger rotors. Pretty lame they don't just fit without any extra work or money.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 07:16 PM

Garage
Use caution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatswagen View Post
Wish I would of seen this before I tried to mount everything up. I just put an order in for spacers. I bolted up some washers I had laying around that are 3mm thick and everything cleared so I did mine at 4mm thick. If I knew how thick the wall was on that cross bar of the caliper was I would just knock off the edge of it. What also might work is a brake caliper relocation kit and some larger rotors. Pretty lame they don't just fit without any extra work or money.
Be careful with that. That isnt the intended use for washers. There are a lot of dynamics going on in the wheel area. Not all washers are cut or machined with a high degree of precision. There is a lot of heat build up from brakes, lateral forces from turning, up and down forces from uneven road conditions, etc. This can cause issues (undue stress) with the lug nuts and lug bolts. Abnormal movement from washers can cause the wheel to not spin true, cause small wobbles, shakes, vibrations which could make your truck unsafe and also cause abnormal tire and bearing wear. This also creates a small gap between the back of the wheel and hub face which makes the wheel more unsafe at highway speed. The back of the wheel needs to be mounted to a solid surface.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I do want you to be safe and aware of the dangers in modifying your truck in this way. Have fun, but be safe and not a danger to others around you.

Leave nothing stock.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
17" 6x120mm ion 134s 6mm offset. DO NOT FIT

So I got my spacers and took it down and got the tires mounted on these wheels. The guy at the tire shop said I should be fine and everything torqued out on the lugs but there wasn't as many threads as he had originally thought. He wants to check them after 50 miles to make sure they stay torqued and I'm like "ok?". These wheels have pretty much been a nightmare but they do look great! Here are some pictures of the spacers and the wheels and tires mounted. IMG_4045.JPGIMG_4050.JPG
IMG_4053.jpg
IMG_4055.JPG

RatRacer likes this.

Last edited by EricChevy; 05-19-2017 at 04:05 PM.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:07 PM

Garage
Looks great.
Glad it worked for you.
EricChevy likes this.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 06:13 PM
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricChevy View Post
So I got my spacers and took it down and got the tires mounted on these wheels. The guy at the tire shop said I should be fine and everything torqued out on the lugs but there wasn't as many threads as he had originally thought. He wants to check them after 50 miles to make sure they stay torqued and I'm like "ok?". These wheels have pretty much been a nightmare but they do look great! Here are some pictures of the spacers and the wheels and tires mounted. Attachment 233049Attachment 233057
Attachment 233065
Attachment 233073

We sell ET lugs if you need to grab some extra thread. Honestly, they might be cheaper online after shipping
24 Chrome 14x1.5 Open End Duplex ET Spline Tuner Lug Nuts for Aftermarket Wheels
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOMWHEELS4U View Post
We sell ET lugs if you need to grab some extra thread. Honestly, they might be cheaper online after shipping

24 Chrome 14x1.5 Open End Duplex ET Spline Tuner Lug Nuts for Aftermarket Wheels

Oh idk what those are or how they work. Can you explain what I get from those? Funny thing when I look up that link you posted it ships from Kent WA. I live in the city next to Kent WA lol.

post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricChevy View Post
Oh idk what those are or how they work. Can you explain what I get from those? Funny thing when I look up that link you posted it ships from Kent WA. I live in the city next to Kent WA lol.

The lug extends a little deeper into the lug hole grabbing a few extra threads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode