17" 6x120mm ion 134s 6mm offset. DO NOT FIT - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via AIM to EricChevy Send a message via MSN to EricChevy
17" 6x120mm ion 134s 6mm offset. DO NOT FIT

Be careful, sometimes a deal isn't a deal. I got these for an incredible price per Wheel. Bad news is the spokes hit my caliper. Just barely but they sure do. I finished my 2" level and had my tires all ready to be mounted and boom disappointment. Also can't find wheel spacers to fit our bolt patter.

So I'm contacting the seller to see where we are at. BTW I have a 2017 Z71 4x4 in case that makes a difference.

Here is the link to the Wheel,

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...6522-_-Product

Here is a picture:

IMG_0020.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2017 Colorado Z71 V6-3.6L 4X4 CCSB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 08:38 PM

Garage
Newegg sells rims? You learn something new everyday.

"Stormtrooper"
2016 Colorado Z71 - Crew Cab - Long Box
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 08:48 PM

They make all kinds of spacers for out pattern... How much do you need. A machine shop could probably make a spacer if it's only 1/4 inch or something...

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 08:54 PM

Motorsport Tech can fix you up.

Sent from somewhere in Arkansas.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGMC View Post
Motorsport Tech can fix you up.

Sent from somewhere in Arkansas.

I found them through some vigorous searching seems to be reasonable for custom spacers if my plight to return the wheels fail. $100 for all 4 spacers, custom isn't terrible. Just wish there was a universal that fit would make the price a lot more reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boombots View Post
They make all kinds of spacers for out pattern... How much do you need. A machine shop could probably make a spacer if it's only 1/4 inch or something...

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Yeah it seems like 1/4 inch would be all that would be required. But it's another $100 for something that should have fit to begin with. Then my tire guy said they might shimmy or shake using spacers.

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 07:40 AM

A company called wheelpartsonline sells hubcentric 1.5" spacers for our trucks for $130 shipped on Amazon. Just add the GM fender flares which adds 1.25" coverage and you are golden. Sure you are now in it another $400 but it'll look amazing.

Good luck.

PS. the wheels look very nice imo.

Current: 2009 Canyon CC I5. 180K miles. Best vehicle I've ever owned.
ORDERED: 2018 Canyon Denali Diesel 4x4 CCLB
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
A company called wheelpartsonline sells hubcentric 1.5" spacers for our trucks for $130 shipped on Amazon. Just add the GM fender flares which adds 1.25" coverage and you are golden. Sure you are now in it another $400 but it'll look amazing.

Good luck.

Thanks, I've seen these. The new wheels already have a +6 offset so they stick out about an inch more than stock which is just about perfect for me. Going out another 1.5" is a little to aggressive of a look for me.

The seller has already responded that they are going to look into the issue and if spacers are the best fix they will cover them. I have always had great experiences with Newegg going back to when they only did computer stuff. I think they are more like Amazon these days.

I'll update the thread with the resolution. I really like the wheels so if I can make them work I will.

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 09:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricChevy View Post
I found them through some vigorous searching seems to be reasonable for custom spacers if my plight to return the wheels fail. $100 for all 4 spacers, custom isn't terrible. Just wish there was a universal that fit would make the price a lot more reasonable.

I wouldn't do spacers! Do hub centric adapters if you must push the wheel out. And even "readily available" quality adapters are going to be north of $100. I would (if it continues to be an option) returning the wheels and getting a style that works with our set up. I have ran adapters before in the past with no issue, just one more thing to maintain and install correctly however.

2016 Colorado LT Diesel
Red Rock, Sports bar, Black 5" assist steps, EGT and Boost Gauge with custom bezel mount
AFE Magnum Intake and Bladerunner Hot/Cold side Kit
Duramaxtune DSP-4 Tuning
AFE Rebel side exit turbo back w/ Black tips

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpositraction View Post
I wouldn't do spacers! Do hub centric adapters if you must push the wheel out. And even "readily available" quality adapters are going to be north of $100. I would (if it continues to be an option) returning the wheels and getting a style that works with our set up. I have ran adapters before in the past with no issue, just one more thing to maintain and install correctly however.

What is the issue with thin spacers?

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 09:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post

Good luck.

Maybe the ZR2 Flares do, but the regular flare only add about ~3/8" off the fender. I put them on my previous '15 extended cab, and they're low profile, for looks and ding protection.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 09:40 AM

There's no issues with spacers if you don't get some cheap knockoffs or something.
A lot of other cars have the same issue with wheels sometimes and just need a 5mm or so or shave the caliper to keep from rubbing. I know plenty of guys that run 5-10mm spacers with drag wheels because they're so much smaller and have never had an issue.

I wouldn't be afraid of going with a very small spacer, specially if the seller agrees and reimburses you. Just make sure they're centered and follow the normal tightening procedure and it'll be fine.

2016 Red Rock LT CC SB v6 4x4

Eibach Shocks all around w/GM rear blocks, Dee Zee bed mat, TruXedo tonneau, Bull rings, Zevo LEDs, Westin steps, Fog Lights w/JDMAstar LED, Rear LED pods, Lumen G7s LED Headlights, Factory Remote Start, Dash Cam w/Invisicord, Husky Liners, Canyon console lid, Black badges and grill, Trifecta

My build thread
Front bumper removal How-To
Rear Shock/lift Blocks How-To
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRacer View Post
Maybe the ZR2 Flares do, but the regular flare only add about ~3/8" off the fender. I put them on my previous '15 extended cab, and they're low profile, for looks and ding protection.
GM Part # 84219295 is a fender flare that provides 1.25" coverage and that fits all versions of the twins. It's not the same product as either the ZR2 flare nor the little Z71 version that you have.

It's confusing I know! There are photos in the fender flare thread that has some very good photos.

Current: 2009 Canyon CC I5. 180K miles. Best vehicle I've ever owned.
ORDERED: 2018 Canyon Denali Diesel 4x4 CCLB
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 11:32 AM
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsor

Just a heads up to the OP and others. Outside of the fitment issue the same set through us is $50 cheaper on the set. We're not always the cheapest but it never hurts to check.

And Kaiser is right. As long as you have Lenny at Motorsport Tech build the spacers to spec opposed to grabbing some at Pep Boys, you won't have an issue.
RatRacer likes this.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 02:32 PM

Garage
Shoot jason@go-fab.com an email. He custom made my spacers for $70-$75. My wheels had a larger hub than factory so I had a hub centric ring built into the spacer. Super easy to work with. Mine are 1/4" as I had the exact same issue you have.

NEW TRUCK
2015 Colorado Crew Cab Z71 4X4 - Summit White
KN 63 Series intake - LineX - 30" GGLighting LED Bar - Front/Rear Adujustable King Shocks - Bajakits +2.5 4x4 Pre Runner Kit - Method Double Standard Wheels - Falken AT3W 285/70/17 - Deaver Mini Pack inserts

OLD TRUCK
2004 Colorado Crew Cab Z85. I5 2wd
5inch CST lift
LIFTED COLORADO CLUB MEMBER # 123
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 02:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
What is the issue with thin spacers?

Your truck, do what you want. Spacing the wheel out with a spacer puts more stress on the lugs. A proper adapter, thought adds additional stress, adds it in the same way proper offset wheel does. A spacer pushes your nut out further on the lug.

2016 Colorado LT Diesel
Red Rock, Sports bar, Black 5" assist steps, EGT and Boost Gauge with custom bezel mount
AFE Magnum Intake and Bladerunner Hot/Cold side Kit
Duramaxtune DSP-4 Tuning
AFE Rebel side exit turbo back w/ Black tips

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 01:24 AM

Oh man thank god I found this post, I almost ordered them. So they hit the calipers in the front and back? Let me know what you end up doing just in case I want to do the same thing as these rims are very nice.

Quote:
Be careful, sometimes a deal isn't a deal. I got these for an incredible price per Wheel. Bad news is the spokes hit my caliper. Just barely but they sure do. I finished my 2" level and had my tires all ready to be mounted and boom disappointment. Also can't find wheel spacers to fit our bolt patter.

So I'm contacting the seller to see where we are at. BTW I have a 2017 Z71 4x4 in case that makes a difference.

Here is the link to the Wheel,

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...6522-_-Product

Here is a picture:

Attachment 226137

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
17" 6x120mm ion 134s 6mm offset. DO NOT FIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
Oh man thank god I found this post, I almost ordered them. So they hit the calipers in the front and back? Let me know what you end up doing just in case I want to do the same thing as these rims are very nice.

We tested them on the front and the spokes hit the calipers. The rear calipers are different and I think they would clear. The seller hasn't got back to me with a resolution only a comment that they were looking into it. I'll update the thread with my resolution.

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So I've ordered 6mm spacers from https://www.motorsport-tech.com. $125 shipped. The seller said they would refund me some of the money for the spacers once I've ordered them since none of their venders sell spacers to fit the Colorado. I sent them a note saying I've ordered them and I'm still waiting to hear back about the refund. Excited to finally see these wheels with new Falken AT3W 265/70/17s on my truck!!

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 12:25 AM

Garage
Quote:
Yeah it seems like 1/4 inch would be all that would be required. But it's another $100 for something that should have fit to begin with. Then my tire guy said they might shimmy or shake using spacers.

Ion is a shit wheel man. Yours is a common problem with drilled blanks.
Buy a name brand(Method Moto Metal etc.) and you won't have this problem.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking $1500/ea forged wheels here. Matter of fact, they're all made in China.
They simply are sized correctly from the get-go, as opposed to being a drilled blank
Oh, and FWIW, I bought a set of spacers for the Colorado off Amazon.
They're not hard to find

2016 Colorado 2.8L D-max, Crew Cab, Long Bed, Z71, 4WD.
ZONE 5.5" Suspension Lift
Moto Metal 970 17x8.5"
Nitto Terra G-G2s, 295/70/17

Last edited by yokev; 04-19-2017 at 12:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode