1.25" spacers work with Z71 wheels and no lift? - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By G2SKIER
  • 1 Post By Turns31
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Turns31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: KC
Posts: 67
1.25" spacers work with Z71 wheels and no lift?

I've looked through like 8 different spacer threads on here and can't find a definitive answer. Really want to get the tires flush without trimming the studs and avoiding rubbing.
Turns31 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 12:27 AM
Member
 
G2SKIER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: The Great Lakes State
Posts: 91
1.25" spacers work with Z71 wheels and no lift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turns31 View Post
I've looked through like 8 different spacer threads on here and can't find a definitive answer. Really want to get the tires flush without trimming the studs and avoiding rubbing.

Z71 wheels have indents where the studs would poke through almost as if made with spacers in mind lol.

If you're looking for flush, 1.5 is the better size if you have factory flares. Mine has flares and 2" spacers and the tread is just inside the flares with just the sidewalk bulge poking a hair outside the flares. If you don't have flares, 1.25 should work for you.

Here's mine with only a 1.25 level and 2" spacers no rub at all. Can't see them rubbing at stock height either.






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RatRacer likes this.
G2SKIER is online now  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Turns31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: KC
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2SKIER View Post
Z71 wheels have indents where the studs would poke through almost as if made with spacers in mind lol.

If you're looking for flush, 1.5 is the better size if you have factory flares. Mine has flares and 2" spacers and the tread is just inside the flares with just the sidewalk bulge poking a hair outside the flares. If you don't have flares, 1.25 should work for you.

Here's mine with only a 1.25 level and 2" spacers no rub at all. Can't see them rubbing at stock height either.






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That does look good. So you think 1.5 will be just under flush with the fender flares?
Turns31 is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 11:29 AM
Member
 
G2SKIER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: The Great Lakes State
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turns31 View Post
That does look good. So you think 1.5 will be just under flush with the fender flares?


Thanks. Yes, absolutely.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
G2SKIER is online now  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Turns31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: KC
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2SKIER View Post
Thanks. Yes, absolutely.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amy driveability or warranty issues with these? I plan on buying good ones but don't want any issues. I've owned like 6 trucks in my life but never considered spacers. These trucks just look like they need them though.
Turns31 is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 11:44 AM
Member
 
G2SKIER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: The Great Lakes State
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turns31 View Post
Amy driveability or warranty issues with these? I plan on buying good ones but don't want any issues. I've owned like 6 trucks in my life but never considered spacers. These trucks just look like they need them though.


As long as you get hub centric, good quality spacers, you should be fine. Mine drives just like stock and feels more planted/wide. If something does come up regarding warranty and you have doubts about it, take them off before you bring it to the dealer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
G2SKIER is online now  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 12:26 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 24
I have 1.5 bora spacers on my canyon with OEM flares, with factory 255 goodyears and they are flush. I want to go to 1.25 spacers so when I go to the 265/70/17 tires they wont stick out at all. I like them flush, if not a tiny bit in. But I have a canyon, the colorado is different...
2003vett is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 01:20 PM
Senior Member
 
robbpoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 200
Garage
Not sure about the Z71 wheels, but my Trail Boss wheels and DuraTracs worked excellently with a 1.25" spacer. No lift or leveling kit.

Only rubbing I am getting is at full lock there is some against my WeatherTech mudflaps. Not enough to be of concern though.

With my DuraTracs and factory flares that put the sidewall of the tire just out beyond the flare. I didnt want to get beyond teh fenders as I dont want crap thrown up off the tires onto the side of my truck all the time. I ended up having mine powder coated black so they were less noticeable behind my black wheels.

The key is to check the backside of your wheels and see if they are grooved or indented all around...this will allow the ends of the studs room to sit without having to shave them off.

2016 Colorado
Red Hot Trail Boss
robbpoe is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Turns31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: KC
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbpoe View Post
Not sure about the Z71 wheels, but my Trail Boss wheels and DuraTracs worked excellently with a 1.25" spacer. No lift or leveling kit.

Only rubbing I am getting is at full lock there is some against my WeatherTech mudflaps. Not enough to be of concern though.

With my DuraTracs and factory flares that put the sidewall of the tire just out beyond the flare. I didnt want to get beyond teh fenders as I dont want crap thrown up off the tires onto the side of my truck all the time. I ended up having mine powder coated black so they were less noticeable behind my black wheels.

The key is to check the backside of your wheels and see if they are grooved or indented all around...this will allow the ends of the studs room to sit without having to shave them off.
Ya those weathertech flaps have very little when clearance even considering everything else is stock. Who do your powder coating? Called a couple of places downtown the other day and nobody answered the phone. Another one of my buddies said there's a place down in Spring Hill that does a good job.
Turns31 is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 03:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2SKIER View Post
As long as you get hub centric, good quality spacers, you should be fine. Mine drives just like stock and feels more planted/wide. If something does come up regarding warranty and you have doubts about it, take them off before you bring it to the dealer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do you happen to know the hub bore of the '16 canyon
Brayan Rosales is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 03:58 PM
Member
 
G2SKIER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: The Great Lakes State
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayan Rosales View Post
do you happen to know the hub bore of the '16 canyon


Not off the top of my head, most manufactures offer them specifically for these trucks, I just searched my yr/make/model truck on eBay and many brands came up including the popular bora brand. Should come the correct size.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
G2SKIER is online now  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 04:03 PM
Senior Member
 
robbpoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turns31 View Post
Ya those weathertech flaps have very little when clearance even considering everything else is stock. Who do your powder coating? Called a couple of places downtown the other day and nobody answered the phone. Another one of my buddies said there's a place down in Spring Hill that does a good job.
My buddy took mine in with some other projects we are working on for my truck...to be announced soon. They did a great job, here is their link.

Liquid & Powdercoat Finishes

2016 Colorado
Red Hot Trail Boss
robbpoe is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Turns31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: KC
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbpoe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turns31 View Post
Ya those weathertech flaps have very little when clearance even considering everything else is stock. Who do your powder coating? Called a couple of places downtown the other day and nobody answered the phone. Another one of my buddies said there's a place down in Spring Hill that does a good job.
My buddy took mine in with some other projects we are working on for my truck...to be announced soon. They did a great job, here is their link.

Liquid & Powdercoat Finishes
Any idea what he charges per wheel?
byondhlp likes this.
Turns31 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome