1.25" spacers work with Z71 wheels and no lift? - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By G2SKIER
  • 1 Post By Turns31

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

1.25" spacers work with Z71 wheels and no lift?

I've looked through like 8 different spacer threads on here and can't find a definitive answer. Really want to get the tires flush without trimming the studs and avoiding rubbing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 12:27 AM

1.25" spacers work with Z71 wheels and no lift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turns31 View Post
I've looked through like 8 different spacer threads on here and can't find a definitive answer. Really want to get the tires flush without trimming the studs and avoiding rubbing.

Z71 wheels have indents where the studs would poke through almost as if made with spacers in mind lol.

If you're looking for flush, 1.5 is the better size if you have factory flares. Mine has flares and 2" spacers and the tread is just inside the flares with just the sidewalk bulge poking a hair outside the flares. If you don't have flares, 1.25 should work for you.

Here's mine with only a 1.25 level and 2" spacers no rub at all. Can't see them rubbing at stock height either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RatRacer likes this.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2SKIER View Post
Z71 wheels have indents where the studs would poke through almost as if made with spacers in mind lol.

If you're looking for flush, 1.5 is the better size if you have factory flares. Mine has flares and 2" spacers and the tread is just inside the flares with just the sidewalk bulge poking a hair outside the flares. If you don't have flares, 1.25 should work for you.

Here's mine with only a 1.25 level and 2" spacers no rub at all. Can't see them rubbing at stock height either.

That does look good. So you think 1.5 will be just under flush with the fender flares?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
That does look good. So you think 1.5 will be just under flush with the fender flares?

Thanks. Yes, absolutely.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks. Yes, absolutely.

Amy driveability or warranty issues with these? I plan on buying good ones but don't want any issues. I've owned like 6 trucks in my life but never considered spacers. These trucks just look like they need them though.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Amy driveability or warranty issues with these? I plan on buying good ones but don't want any issues. I've owned like 6 trucks in my life but never considered spacers. These trucks just look like they need them though.

As long as you get hub centric, good quality spacers, you should be fine. Mine drives just like stock and feels more planted/wide. If something does come up regarding warranty and you have doubts about it, take them off before you bring it to the dealer.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 12:26 PM

I have 1.5 bora spacers on my canyon with OEM flares, with factory 255 goodyears and they are flush. I want to go to 1.25 spacers so when I go to the 265/70/17 tires they wont stick out at all. I like them flush, if not a tiny bit in. But I have a canyon, the colorado is different...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 01:20 PM

Garage
Not sure about the Z71 wheels, but my Trail Boss wheels and DuraTracs worked excellently with a 1.25" spacer. No lift or leveling kit.

Only rubbing I am getting is at full lock there is some against my WeatherTech mudflaps. Not enough to be of concern though.

With my DuraTracs and factory flares that put the sidewall of the tire just out beyond the flare. I didnt want to get beyond teh fenders as I dont want crap thrown up off the tires onto the side of my truck all the time. I ended up having mine powder coated black so they were less noticeable behind my black wheels.

The key is to check the backside of your wheels and see if they are grooved or indented all around...this will allow the ends of the studs room to sit without having to shave them off.

2016 Colorado
Red Hot Trail Boss
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbpoe View Post
Not sure about the Z71 wheels, but my Trail Boss wheels and DuraTracs worked excellently with a 1.25" spacer. No lift or leveling kit.

Only rubbing I am getting is at full lock there is some against my WeatherTech mudflaps. Not enough to be of concern though.

With my DuraTracs and factory flares that put the sidewall of the tire just out beyond the flare. I didnt want to get beyond teh fenders as I dont want crap thrown up off the tires onto the side of my truck all the time. I ended up having mine powder coated black so they were less noticeable behind my black wheels.

The key is to check the backside of your wheels and see if they are grooved or indented all around...this will allow the ends of the studs room to sit without having to shave them off.
Ya those weathertech flaps have very little when clearance even considering everything else is stock. Who do your powder coating? Called a couple of places downtown the other day and nobody answered the phone. Another one of my buddies said there's a place down in Spring Hill that does a good job.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
As long as you get hub centric, good quality spacers, you should be fine. Mine drives just like stock and feels more planted/wide. If something does come up regarding warranty and you have doubts about it, take them off before you bring it to the dealer.

do you happen to know the hub bore of the '16 canyon
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayan Rosales View Post
do you happen to know the hub bore of the '16 canyon

Not off the top of my head, most manufactures offer them specifically for these trucks, I just searched my yr/make/model truck on eBay and many brands came up including the popular bora brand. Should come the correct size.

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 04:03 PM

Garage
Quote:
Ya those weathertech flaps have very little when clearance even considering everything else is stock. Who do your powder coating? Called a couple of places downtown the other day and nobody answered the phone. Another one of my buddies said there's a place down in Spring Hill that does a good job.
My buddy took mine in with some other projects we are working on for my truck...to be announced soon. They did a great job, here is their link.

Liquid & Powdercoat Finishes

2016 Colorado
Red Hot Trail Boss
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbpoe View Post
Quote:
My buddy took mine in with some other projects we are working on for my truck...to be announced soon. They did a great job, here is their link.

Liquid & Powdercoat Finishes
Any idea what he charges per wheel?
byondhlp likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode