BDS 5.5" lift, will it fit the 2017/2018 Z71? - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

BDS 5.5" lift, will it fit the 2017/2018 Z71?

It looks like I'll be ordering a 2018 Z-71 crew cab gasser.
The BDS website only lists the 2015-2016 models for the 5.5" lift kit for the Chevy Colorado.
I have called BDS a couple times and they say the 2017 kits are almost ready and they will update their website.
Realtrucks website does list the 2017 BDS 5.5" lift kit as available and ready to ship.
I need to confirm that this kit will fit my 2018, anyone have any information regarding this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 12:27 PM

Seems like you should ask BDS whether or not it will fit.

2016 4x4 z71 3.6L [Inferno Orange]
BNR: Custom Tune
Method Race Wheels: Matte Black MR309 Grid
Eibach: Pro Truck Sport Shocks
Volant Performance: Air Intake System | 3.0" Cat-Back
Diode Dynamics: Low Beam HID Kit 6000K | Interior/Exterior LEDs
Morimoto: XB Fog Light Kit 5500K
Rigid Industires: Midnight Edition D Series Pods
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

I have called them twice, specifically asking them if the 2017 kit is available yet.
The first time they said it will be ready in a couple weeks.
The second time they said they are finishing adding a couple parts and it will be ready.
The first time they said that when it is ready, they will update the website.
It is Mid-June 2017 and the website still says 2015/2016 Colorado so I'd say the website and/or BDS are not quite ready yet.
I will eventually call them again and see what they say, I have heard good things and my local shop recommends them almost exclusively.
Thanks,

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 04:49 PM

I think they are building a new slightly lower lift kit and that's what they are referring too when they mention the new kit.

If they build a 4.5" - 4.75" kit I'll most likely purchase that for my '18 Canyon.

Current: 2009 Canyon CC I5. 180K miles. Best vehicle I've ever owned.
ORDERED: 2018 Canyon Denali Diesel 4x4 CCLB
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

I did call them today and I got the same response after getting through. They simply stated they want to "test fit" the new kit and make sure everything works properly.
They said they need a 2017 model and it will be awhile before they are ready to release the kit.
I think if and when they eventually do release the 2017 kit, we will be seeing 2018 trucks rolling out of Wentzville Missouri.
I still want to pursue this Colorado project but if I can't get a kit, I wont buy this truck.
I see other suspension lift kits on the market and I don't think they are of the same quality as BDS but there are options out there.
Thanks and good luck, let me know if anyone knows anything about these BDS kits and if i the only guy who is wondering the same thing.
There must literally be hundreds and hundreds of Colorado's now and many owners are considering lift kits, I would think this would be fairly common
question. Let hope they get things up and running soon, there is a lot of money to be made here.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 03:49 PM

I agree! Lots of money to be made here.... I've been waiting about two months for the 5.5" BDS Colorado kit to come out. I've heard the 16 fits the 17 but down the road gives issues with the drive shaft since it is a different Transmittion. I'm debating on even going with BDS. It's been over a year since there anouncment for "part 1" of the 5.5" desal Colorado lift kit. It is still not out. BDS just keeps saying soon. They seem to just keep putting things off or not being forward.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris15 View Post
I agree! Lots of money to be made here.... I've been waiting about two months for the 5.5" BDS Colorado kit to come out. I've heard the 16 fits the 17 but down the road gives issues with the drive shaft since it is a different Transmittion. I'm debating on even going with BDS. It's been over a year since there anouncment for "part 1" of the 5.5" desal Colorado lift kit. It is still not out. BDS just keeps saying soon. They seem to just keep putting things off or not being forward.

Zone their sister company makes the diesel lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Anthony

GetBlended
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Zone lists the same thing, kits for the 2015 and 2016 only.
I'll be talking to my local off road shop and discussing this situation and see what other lift kit they would recommend.
I certainly want to get the best kit that I can get as this will be my primary ride for the next several years.
I'll see what they say and I don't see or hear any news on the 2017/2018 lift kit availability any time soon.
If I cannot get a good kit and get it installed, I won't be buying this truck any time soon.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 03:56 PM

Diesel I am not looking for. I won't being purchasing from them anytime soon if they arn't going to release this with in a couple months. They said they made the 15 in 2 weeks. It has been 6 months for this fiffwrent truck. I can underhand if it is the same. But it's not.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 08:01 PM

Garage
Any news on this?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

I actually called them again and got the same response simply stating "the new kit is not ready yet"
I emailed the tech department listed on the website also, no response.
I know when these kits are ready, I'll be buying a new truck so naturally, I'd like to get this thing rolling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode