Recommendations for Canyon Denali Front End Lift - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Recommendations for Canyon Denali Front End Lift

I have been searching the forums and have now seemed to have confused myself as to what I am actually looking for. Originally thought I needed a leveling kit but now not sure if I need a spacer, leveling kit, lift kit, etc., so looking for some recommendations.

I have a 2017 Canyon Denali 4x2 that is for the most part stock. I measured the clearance from the ground to the top of each wheel well, I am seeing 35.5" in the front and 37" in the back. I am not looking to lift the entire truck, but would like to raise the front end 1"-1.25". Not looking to have it perfectly level, still want the front end to be a little lower for a couple of reasons, but mainly I do not want the front end to be nose up the moment I put anything in the bed. I also do not do any off-roading with this truck.

With that said, would I be looking for a leveling kit or spacer for the front? Also, does GM make the part I am looking for? If not, what brands would you recommend.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 09:30 PM

A leveling kit is what you want. That consists of a spacer for the top of the coil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 09:54 AM

I have the leveling shocks from Bilstein. Mine are set at 2", as I recall they have three settings...I believe one of those is about 1". I like them better than the factory z71 shocks.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 10:54 PM

Do the shocks...i did leveling kit and will be switching to bilsteins, level kit is cheap way out
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 04:19 AM

Hello Cory! If you're looking to raise the front of your truck, you'll need a leveling kit here and Bilstein is one of the most suitable options. They offer Adjustable Strut Assembly for your model with 0"-2.0" Front Lift Height. Contact me directly if you have any questions.

Chevy Colorado http://www.carid.com/chevy-colorado-accessories/

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | myCARiD | YouTube
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 08:02 AM
24v

I bought the Zone Leveling Kit. It is just 2 small spacers, one goes on top of each front strut. They are not even an inch tall, and they lift the truck 1.25" in the front. They are also very inexpensive, and the install is very simple. Aside from the slight difference in looks, you would never know it was modified. I have put 15,000 miles on the spacers in the last 6 months or so with zero issues.
Zone Offroad 1.25" Leveling Kit C1121

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24v View Post
I bought the Zone Leveling Kit. It is just 2 small spacers, one goes on top of each front strut. They are not even an inch tall, and they lift the truck 1.25" in the front. They are also very inexpensive, and the install is very simple. Aside from the slight difference in looks, you would never know it was modified. I have put 15,000 miles on the spacers in the last 6 months or so with zero issues.
Zone Offroad 1.25" Leveling Kit C1121
This is what I did also. The rear fenderwell of my truck was exactly 36" - when I added the Zone 1.25 the front is now exactly 36" also. Strangely, it still looks as if the rear is a little higher for some reason. I couldn't tell any difference in the ride vs stock - I think the ride is very good. I don't drive off road nor drive over any rough terrain really so the Bilsteins would have been overkill for me. The spacers removed a little bit of the 'rake' and that's all I wanted to accomplish. Total cost with installation and alignment was a little over $300 if I recall right.

Last edited by Fubar2016; 06-20-2017 at 10:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode