• 1 Post By drewabbs
  • 1 Post By John Carver
  • 1 Post By lbperry
  • 1 Post By CaryBosse
  • 1 Post By intruder1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Free Electrical Diagram Colorado/ Canyon 2015

I'm sure half the people who want this have it already, just thought I would share the link for anyone who wants the PDF.

https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/med...2015_en_US.pdf

(Daily Driver)
2015 GMC Canyon Midnight Edition
MODS- 5000K HID Low Beam/ 3000K HID Fog/ A8 HUD/ LED interior lights/ Rough Country's Tri-Fold Vinyl Tonneau Cover/ Bed LED Lighting Kit/ JDM ASTAR Max 50W Cargo Lights/ red led foot-well lights front & back/ 7"MP4 led screen, 2nd rear camera /

2007 Chevy Avalanche LTZ (Sold for Canyon)
2013 Camaro SS (In garage)
1990 Toyota Supra Turbo (In garage)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 08:27 PM

I needed that - THANK YOU
John Carver and DigitalDan like this.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 08:23 AM

Garage
Thanks! I needed it as well!
DigitalDan likes this.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 08:58 AM

Garage
John C....

The electrical pdf is terrific, thank you for posting.

Although I will prolly never use it, I am old school enough [well, old anyway] where I fully enjoy just the knowledge of such beasts, where if needed I might be able to direct those-who-know where to look sooner to save time? My kick is to read the logic and how these things are engineered.

Question… if there are other such freebies out there and you or others have that url… feel free to send on, it is indeed interesting to see and realize how our machines are concocted.
John Carver and DigitalDan like this.

CSG from Minnesota...
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 09:14 AM

This link should get you to the appropriate manuals for the 2015 or 2016. I believe when I looked at the 2016, it did NOT include the diesel, so there may a separate diesel version eventually.

Look for 1/T midsize trucks.

https://www.gmupfitter.com/pdflists/view/36

Personally, I think this thread should go ahead and be stickied to the Electrical Forum so it is easy to point people to it.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 10:02 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Carver View Post
just thought I would share the link for anyone who wants the PDF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post
This link should get you to the appropriate manuals for the 2015 or 2016.
Gents....thanks for sharing this info.
John Carver likes this.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post
This link should get you to the appropriate manuals for the 2015 or 2016. I believe when I looked at the 2016, it did NOT include the diesel, so there may a separate diesel version eventually.

Look for 1/T midsize trucks.

https://www.gmupfitter.com/pdflists/view/36

Personally, I think this thread should go ahead and be stickied to the Electrical Forum so it is easy to point people to it.
That's awesome, thanks for the link!
DigitalDan likes this.

(Daily Driver)
2015 GMC Canyon Midnight Edition
MODS- 5000K HID Low Beam/ 3000K HID Fog/ A8 HUD/ LED interior lights/ Rough Country's Tri-Fold Vinyl Tonneau Cover/ Bed LED Lighting Kit/ JDM ASTAR Max 50W Cargo Lights/ red led foot-well lights front & back/ 7"MP4 led screen, 2nd rear camera /

2007 Chevy Avalanche LTZ (Sold for Canyon)
2013 Camaro SS (In garage)
1990 Toyota Supra Turbo (In garage)

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 02:34 PM
cj3

Awesome info. anyone know how we look up TSB's on this site. what exact vehicle and vehicle type are the 2015 canyons?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 11:47 PM

Location on Schematics of trailer controller wiring?

Thanks to John Carver for making these schematics available.
Is there any way of searching the schematics for specific circuits? I can't find any kind of search function at all.
I am looking for the circuitry for the trailer controller wiring that's behind the driver side kick panel. I know it's gotta be in these schematics somewhere but for the life of me I can't find it.
Thanks,
John Carver likes this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 08:38 AM

Perry,

The upfitter manuals are text searchable PDFs. Do a search on what you are looking for. After you play with it a bit, you may learn some shortcuts to searching.

In the case of the brake controller, a search on "controller" is going to bring up all of the controllers on the truck, so, not so good. A search on "brakes" will bring up truck brakes as well as trailer brakes, so not so good. A search on "trailer" should narrow it down a bit better.

I also have learned that if you know a particular circuit or fuse, that can help. Unlike this website that requires searches to be for 4 characters or more, Adobe Acrobat allows a search on as little as 3 characters. So, since fuse F27 is used on the brake controller as I remember, a search on "F27" may put you on a useful page.

Note: all of my criteria in quotes, like "F27" do not require you to use the quotes, I was just using that to set off the search parameters.

Finally, I think the ultimate thread on installing brake controllers on these trucks was started by @Reverendbiker, here is his thread.

DIY Brake Controller Hookup
DigitalDan likes this.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 01:12 AM

Thanks for the reply Cary. Feeling pretty dumb that I hadn't been able to figure out how to search a pdf file. Finally figured it out and located what I need.
Yes, I'm aware of the excellent brake controller install write-up by Reverendbiker. But I'm just anal and OCD enough to want to be real sure I could find the right wires before I started popping panels off. My Hopkins Insight controller should be here Monday and I'm ready to go.
Thanks Again,
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 10:53 PM

thanks John Carver
John Carver likes this.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 01:22 AM

Awesome! Thanks. I want to mod the rear view camera circuit so I can display the image on demand when not in R. This will be a big help.

Old Retired Guy. 2016 Colorado Z71 Red Rock Metallic
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 05:04 AM

I am looking for a good tap for 12volt into the bed of my truck. The techs that wired up my topper have it wired to the positive battery post. It is fused but I don't like that location. They used to put extra studs in the fuse boxes for accessories but I am not sure which to use. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode