Colorado / Canyon factory sport bar light switch. - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 11:59 PM

Garage
Cab CMHSL off with Trail Boss Sport Bar installed

Has anyone figured out to restore the cab CMHSL while leaving the Sport Bar CMHSL LED's working?

I found the power lead for the Sport Bar electrics, it comes down the fuel filler channel and connects to the chassis harness at the left rear of the Crew Cab (2016 Long Bed).

2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Boss
Laser Blue Crew Cab V6
Central Ohio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by team helotes View Post
There is a 25 page PDF for installing the lights, relay and switch. My local parts guy emailed me the directions. I can email them to people if you want. teamhelotes at satx.rr.com
I would like this, please =)
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 11:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayan Rosales View Post
I would like this, please =)
Then follow the directions. 😀

Ordered 4-23-15, built 5-21-15, sitting in my driveway 6-8-15. Canyon SLE, crew cab, long bed, 2wd, Bronze Alloy, Cocoa Dune.
Roll N Lock bed cover and cargo manager, custom made tool tray, OEM mud flaps, front windows tinted, running boards, 300 Watt Inverter with Sierra OEM plug, Warning Lights for fire dept, 6K HIDs lows and highs, LED fog light bulbs, 30" LED light bar, 2.5" front lift with 1" rear, Michelin AT/2 265/70/17, custom sports bar with 2 LED light bars, Rigid cargo lights.

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 08:57 AM

Has anyone installed the switch and harness themselves or did you take it into the the dealer for them to do? Was it a difficult install?

As much as I would love to have an OEM switch vs cutting into the dash or center console, I find it difficult to justify spending almost just over $200 for a harness and switch and dont want to spend even more money on labor to take it to the dealer for them to do it.

Harness Pkg | Genuine GM | 23415425 : GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts

Switch | Genuine GM | 23458495 : GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts

EDIT: Vs spending 12 bucks on something like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A15H3UKRB6RHF9

2016 Black Colorado Z71 4x4

- Current Mods: Air Dam Delete; WeatherTech floor liners; LED Bed-Lighting Mod;30" double row Xprite light bar; Tablet setup for nav;
Hard-wired dash cam to fuse box;

Build Thread: http://coloradofans.com/forums/265-2...and-build.html

Last edited by maxwell_hau5_caffy; 02-09-2017 at 02:23 PM.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 04:19 PM

I have un-installed mine up to pulling the switch out and disconnecting from there and tracing 1 more wire down that disappears under the fuse box.. I will let you know what I find in the process. Hoping to get it done this weekend.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 01:12 PM

Digging up an old thread here because I'm interested, and never saw any resolution to others questions.

I have intentions of using this switch in the future, and I'm pretty sure i've figured out a way to do it without need for a connection to the BCM. I'll have to confirm the operation of the switch to determine what output it has, but a PAC-TR7 programmable Relay is likely capable of turning the switch's output into a signal that can be used by any relay. meaning you get to use your switch without BMC programming and regardless of year model.

I don't have my truck yet to test this, but maybe you guys can give it a go.
TR7:
https://www.amazon.com/PAC-TR-7-Univ.../dp/B0002J22BO
Instructions for programming:
http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductD...ons_010505.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode