Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

bluetooth stays connected...

6K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  rp170 
#1 ·
So I'm on the phone via Bluetooth in the truck and after I turn the truck off and open the door the Bluetooth stays connected to the call I'm on. Is that normal? In other vehicles I've owned it disconnects the call once I open the door. Everything else works properly...thanks for any help.

#4 ·
I have a 2006 GTO in which I installed the Holden Bluetooth kit to the factory radio, and that also kept the radio on if I was on a call even after removing the key / opening the door. Once the call is ended, the radio shuts down.

#6 ·
I'm not having these problems at all but, I have on other vehicles in the past.

#16 ·
That isn't a problem. It is normal operation. If yours is not doing the same, then you are having a problem. :smile2:

#8 ·
Probably because the radio is not 'off' therefore the Bluetooth remains connected.

I think the radio must physically be switched 'off' in the 2nd gen....which is way different than most vehicles. I know people with portable media connected have mentioned returning to the vehicle and their music is not playing from where they remember leaving off from.

#10 ·
You are physically turning the unit to off.

Also, does your phone connect to the bluetooth system after a period of time has elapsed? Maybe like the 10 minute safety shutoff feature? Such as you can leave your door open for 10 minutes and the interior lights stay on -then will eventually shut off? I don't know if it's 10 minutes or other, however I think you know what feature I'm talking about.

#14 ·
I'm 99% sure, the truck kills the radio and bluetooth when I exit. (2015).
I do find the range of the bluetooth really strong. While my truck was at the dealer in the furthest service bay (80' or more) I couldn't seem to talk on my phone, finally occurred to me that the truck was grabbing the call, well that, and I noticed the service guy mimicking a phone and pointing at me and the truck.

#18 ·
My BT disconnects as soon as I open the door. No issues.

#20 ·
Thanks for the confirmation!! My truck shuts the radio off as soon as I open the drivers door.

However...I discovered yesterday, the radio stays ON if you open the passenger door. So....say for instance, you shut the truck off and exit out of the passenger side while on the phone. At what point would it (or never?) switch over to the phone? Probably have to be manually done.....

#24 ·
I had this happen today when I turned the truck off and opened the door. Saw the "handset" button, pressed it, radio shuts off and call is on handset.

#25 ·
Found something odd. Had my phone connected via bluetooth, I turned off the bluetooth on my phone to have a private conversation ( I wad parked with the windows open ) , ended the call, put her in drive and drove off. Turned the phone's bluetooth back on, but it would not reconnect to the truck, even if I tried to force connect via the phone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.