Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Driver Side Power Window Problem

42K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  Renaldo 
#1 ·
I took my 2016 Z71 CC in for the HVAC recall and mentioned how the driver side power window doesn't always work (Since I read someone else was having the same problem on the forum) and the guy didn't believe me! And now he just called me and said that three other Colorados are in the shop for the same problem right now and that the part to fix it is ordered. Just wondering who else may be having that problem?
Something that I thought might take a few hours or a day to fix is now going to take until Wednesday :serious:
Luckily they loaned me a '17 Silverado but driving this thing just makes me want my Colorado back even more!

#3 ·
Well if it's the HVAC part and they are saying Wednesday before it's fixed this might mean they need to take the dash apart to fix :(...then again they may just be ordering the clamp, you should verify with them.

If you're talking about the drivers side window, as Toughsox mention, haven't seen many people mention it here before. When you're saying doesn't always work, what exactly doesn't always work...express down feature, express up feature, or that they won't open/shut at times?

#5 ·
He never said anything about that, I believe he is just waiting on the part for my window. The HVAC recall is all fixed.
What the drivers window does it when I use the auto roll up, the window will go 1/4 of the way up and go back down. It usually takes me about three tries to get the window to roll up completely. Minor, but annoying.

#11 ·
I have had interment problems with mine, now that is cold it seems to happen more. Just today I happen to film it acting up for when it goes to the shop and works just fine for them.

#12 ·
I took a video too, just in case. When I went in, the service guy rolled it up just fine and I told him to let me do it and thats when it acted up. My truck doesn't like me lol.
But like I said, he also told me the next day that 3 other Colorados were all in the shop now for the same window issue, all on the drivers side.

#13 ·
I forgot to also say that I did it a few times and it came up on the dash to roll it all the way down to do the relearn and it still had the problem.

#14 ·
Mine never did that but I did just pick it up from the dealer earlier and according the receipt, the cause was "Internal Fault with the left front window motor". I know that sounds pretty obvious but maybe next time you're at the dealer you can say that we were having the same issues and that was the cause when I brought mine in? They "removed and replaced the left front window regulator w/ motor assy. programmed window express feature".

#17 ·
Mine has been doing this for a couple of months, warm or cold temps. Only once did I get the DIC instructions to roll the window down and then back up. I took it to the dealer after the second video and was told they couldn't recreate it (even though I showed them the video) But they would let GM tech know about my complaint. They had to order some other parts and when I brought it back a week later I asked them to look into the window again...they told me that GM tech had a BCM (body control module) update for the window and they did the update. All was well but video #3 is after the update. I think I am going to tell them GM tech needs to check their update.

Back I go I guess...

Video #1

Video #2

Video #3

#18 ·
Mine has been doing this for a couple of months, warm or cold temps. Only once did I get the DIC instructions to roll the window down and then back up. I took it to the dealer after the second video and was told they couldn't recreate it (even though I showed them the video) But they would let GM tech know about my complaint. They had to order some other parts and when I brought it back a week later I asked them to look into the window again...they told me that GM tech had a BCM (body control module) update for the window and they did the update. All was well but video #3 is after the update. I think I am going to tell them GM tech needs to check their update.

Back I go I guess...

Video #1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP3IEPXNrcc

Video #2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw7gyKsRUnk

Video #3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcYEqjyFB7s

It's just more annoying than anything. Like I said, when mine was in the shop, 3 other Colorados were getting the same thing fixed. I haven't had any problems luckily. When I get home, I'll take a picture of my receipt and what exactly was done. (If you want?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#20 ·
I just worry about when the warranty is up how this thing is going to act.

I'd like to see what they did on your receipt. I personally think it's the motor, feeling resistance, and doing its safety drop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#24 ·
Mine has the same intermittent problem. I haven't been able to video it, because I don't know when it is going to happen. I previously told the service department about it, but got the infamous "could not replicate issue". Maybe I can reference this next time I'm in.

#26 ·
mine has started to do it again, even after there "software update" for the regulator. I'll be going back, and apparently its becoming more prevalent, not an isolated issue for one or two trucks.

#27 ·
This is the exact behavior I have with my 2016... dealer said they could not reproduce... nothing they could do.. ( BS ) Truck is still under warranty... going to a different dealer this week.
It's not a problem with the Express up/down I believe but the safety drop feature like it thinks someones arm or neck or other obstruction is there and it auto reverses, kind of like newer garage door openers..

#28 ·
My 2015 (no longer under warranty) recently started doing this intermittently. I took it into the dealership and they replaced the regulator, but (as my service rep explained to me) it wouldn't program so they determined that the BCM was shorting out and replaced it, but the new regulator still wouldn't program, so they called in the GM "Tac Team" of mechanics at no charge who diagnosed and replaced some of the other interconnecting parts (at no charge) but still couldn't get the new regulator to program, which led to the determination that it is faulty and ordered a new one. As a result, my truck has now been at the dealership for a week and they will need to keep it over the weekend (total nightmare). After mentioning a possible recall of the regulator, my service advisor said he is going to try to help me on that forefront, but he won't know for sure until next week. Any word of a recall on your ends? This clearly isn't isolated...

#33 ·
I took my 2016 Z71 CC in for the HVAC recall and mentioned how the driver side power window doesn't always work (Since I read someone else was having the same problem on the forum) and the guy didn't believe me! And now he just called me and said that three other Colorados are in the shop for the same problem right now and that the part to fix it is ordered. Just wondering who else may be having that problem?
Something that I thought might take a few hours or a day to fix is now going to take until Wednesday :serious:
Luckily they loaned me a '17 Silverado but driving this thing just makes me want my Colorado back
Well if it's the HVAC part and they are saying Wednesday before it's fixed this might mean they need to take the dash apart to fix :(...then again they may just be ordering the clamp, you should verify with them.

If you're talking about the drivers side window, as Toughsox mention, haven't seen many people mention it here before. When you're saying doesn't always work, what exactly doesn't always work...express down feature, express up feature, or that they won't open/shut at times?
Hi there I'm from Suriname south america. I own a chevy colorado 2015 brandnew from local dealer. Both of the front powerwindow fail die to a bad powerwindow motor. I'm Just out of garant, it's the First time in my car owner history that this has overcome me. Never had this with Nissan or Toyota. I wonder what the Chevy manufacturer in USA has to say about this bad technical issue. It's a superband promotion for Chevy in the Caribbean area. Kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.