Selling my subthump box with subs - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Selling my subthump box with subs

I've got the subthump dual 10" downfire box with 2 x Alpine SWR-T10 subs in it. I love it, but I want to go a different direction to regain some space back under my seat. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this setup, it is perfect as if you bought it new. The sub wiring is all soldered inside the box for a trouble free experience.

I paid $606 for the subs, and $159 plus shipping for the box from subthump. I'll part with the setup for $600 shipped.

I may be willing to sell my Alpine MRX-M110 1100w amp as well if the buyer wants it.

2016 CCSB Duramax

Lowering thread: http://coloradofans.com/forums/193-2...ltech-kit.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:49 PM

Garage
What radio did you have it wired to? And do you have any pics of the box installed? Did you have to cut anything to install it? I have factory Bose and am thinking of purchasing kicker amplified sub box.

2015 GMC Canyon CCSB SLT Leather, Nav, Bose, Remote start, 4x4 3.6L V6, Tint, Vent shades, HID LB, LED Fogs,
2000 Camaro SS
2007 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol

1999 Bobcat 751 Skidsteer
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe15 View Post
What radio did you have it wired to? And do you have any pics of the box installed? Did you have to cut anything to install it? I have factory Bose and am thinking of purchasing kicker amplified sub box.
I have the stock head unit, non bose, but hooking up a sub is identical. I used an Alpine amp with high level inputs. No cutting or modifications beyond unbolting the underseat box to remove it. It was really pretty easy. The seats still raise and lower like stock. I noticed your bike in your sig, I just recently sold my 06 CBR1000RR. It had Repsol fairings, but it wasn't one. I bought my first cruiser (08 Midnight Warrior) but I plan to get another sportbike in the spring.

2016 CCSB Duramax

Last edited by onebaddz; 01-11-2017 at 11:08 PM.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 11:16 PM

Garage
I'll have to take a look at mine tomorrow. did you add in fabric and padding around box after installing it? Looks a little different than what I'm thinking mine looks like.

Yes I have a mint 07 Repsol that barely gets riden but was my dream bike. Most of my friends have gone to cruisers now (I'm 45) mostly Harley's...I just can't. I've always loved sport bikes and am ...short...lol...so I stick to what works for me. But priorities have kept me busy and off it. I have two kids who are finishing up college so I've made sure I'm here for them first. They sure are a lot of fun! But can get you into lots of trouble :)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Did you have to cut anything to install it? I have factory Bose and am thinking of purchasing kicker amplified sub box.
I cant speak for the BOSE system, but I have this exact box in my Collie and it fits like a glove. A few bolts to take out the existing brackets under the seats and just set this in place.

The seats go right back down and you won't even know its there.....until you crank up your music. Its a high quality product Id definitely use again if I needed another one.

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I'll have to take a look at mine tomorrow. did you add in fabric and padding around box after installing it? Looks a little different than what I'm thinking mine looks like.

Yes I have a mint 07 Repsol that barely gets riden but was my dream bike. Most of my friends have gone to cruisers now (I'm 45) mostly Harley's...I just can't. I've always loved sport bikes and am ...short...lol...so I stick to what works for me. But priorities have kept me busy and off it. I have two kids who are finishing up college so I've made sure I'm here for them first. They sure are a lot of fun! But can get you into lots of trouble :)
I haven't added anything. My floor mats come around the side a little if that's what you are seeing. Otherwise that's all stock and all I did was pull the storage box and drop in the sub box.

I like this cruiser a lot, it rides half sport bike and half cruiser. It's more comfortable than a sport bike, but I'm more comfortable on a sport bike since that's all move ever owned, if that makes sense. I'm going to keep the Warrior and buy either another CBR or a Ninja to fill that need.

2016 CCSB Duramax

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 06:19 AM

Where in TX (maybe save on shipping!)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Kelloggski View Post
Where in TX (maybe save on shipping!)
I'm over in Lubbock

2016 CCSB Duramax

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Lots of interest via PM, but no buyer yet. Bump!

2016 CCSB Duramax

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode