Garage
Wow! That's a Lotta work. Looks good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 11:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to CliffZ71 Send a message via MSN to CliffZ71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjdeerslayer37 View Post
Well I took my canyon lights and rather than baking, I cut the back off big enough to get the old projectors out and the 4tl-r in. Then I plastic welded it back up all nice and (mostly) tidy.

Did you get the Bi-Xenon projectors and if so, did you run the high beam splitters?

2016 Summit White Colorado CC Z71 window tint, bug deflector, magnaflow muffler, zone 1.25 level,air dam delete, weather tech no drill mud flaps, Husky floor liners, A.R.E topper, Baja Designs Squadron R Sport amber LED fogs, Morimoto 4TL-R Bi-Xenon projectors, 35W D2S 5500 bulbs
post #83 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffZ71 View Post
Did you get the Bi-Xenon projectors and if so, did you run the high beam splitters?
Yes I did, 4 high beams now, its stupid bright.

2016 Canyon SLE 4x4 cyber gray duramax

post #84 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Yes I did, 4 high beams now, its stupid bright.
Was it a pain to run the wiring to get everything to work right?

2016 Summit White Colorado CC Z71 window tint, bug deflector, magnaflow muffler, zone 1.25 level,air dam delete, weather tech no drill mud flaps, Husky floor liners, A.R.E topper, Baja Designs Squadron R Sport amber LED fogs, Morimoto 4TL-R Bi-Xenon projectors, 35W D2S 5500 bulbs
post #85 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 10:34 AM

Not at all, the splitter is a harness that has one connector in from the high beam wiring, then 2 outs, one goes to the original high beam bulb and the other to the shield actuator. That's it.

post #86 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Not at all, the splitter is a harness that has one connector in from the high beam wiring, then 2 outs, one goes to the original high beam bulb and the other to the shield actuator. That's it.
Are all the other harnesses and what not marked for proper connection as well?

post #87 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:

Are all the other harnesses and what not marked for proper connection as well?
Pretty much everything only connects one way and there are a ton of hid wiring diagrams online

post #88 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Pretty much everything only connects one way and there are a ton of hid wiring diagrams online
Ok thanks, I'll keep that in mind when the time comes

post #89 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Ok thanks, I'll keep that in mind when the time comes
Did you by chance go can-bus or not?

post #90 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 09:36 AM

[QUOTE=bulldawg449;4039233]Argh! I'm doing it! I literally just ordered some new ballasts and bulbs, but it looks like I'll just be eating the cost of the bulbs for now. Next weekend will be a project weekend with a brush guard and fitting these pups in.[/QUO

Did you or are you having any flickering issues when you turn off your truck during that 30 second lights on cycle? I installed my retro kit yesterday and noticed that while I had my lights on to adjust them, they would flicker, start the truck and it would stop. Called TRS and they said it was more than likely a power draw issue because the truck wasnt running, I did install with the HD harness and anti-flicker capacitor, other than that. Thanks

post #91 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

[quote=CliffZ71;4140065]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldawg449 View Post
Argh! I'm doing it! I literally just ordered some new ballasts and bulbs, but it looks like I'll just be eating the cost of the bulbs for now. Next weekend will be a project weekend with a brush guard and fitting these pups in.[/QUO

Did you or are you having any flickering issues when you turn off your truck during that 30 second lights on cycle? I installed my retro kit yesterday and noticed that while I had my lights on to adjust them, they would flicker, start the truck and it would stop. Called TRS and they said it was more than likely a power draw issue because the truck wasnt running, I did install with the HD harness and anti-flicker capacitor, other than that. Thanks

Mine do not flicker, but I am only running can bus adapters. No Harness or anti flicker. These trucks are pretty picky, I am still awaiting on a fix for the morimoto led fog lights from TRS.

post #92 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 12:05 PM

[quote=nwscoobie;4140201]
Quote:

Mine do not flicker, but I am only running can bus adapters. No Harness or anti flicker. These trucks are pretty picky, I am still awaiting on a fix for the morimoto led fog lights from TRS.
Well hell, I'm hoping not to have to do the can bus adapters but if I have to, then so be it. So long as I dont have to drop the bumper again. It wasnt bad to do but still APIA. Not to sure about the throw of light, its a little different with the new projectors. I was thinking of going with Baja Designs Squadron R Sports for my fogs

post #93 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 06:02 PM

got my projectors and HID kit today, planning on doing the install tomorrow. Anyone have any more tips than what is posted? looks pretty straight forward but though i'd ask.

How about a good spot to get low beam power other than from inside the headlight through the bulb connector?

I have bench tested all my new parts and the look and function great.

also, if there are any pictures than anyone wants while I have the bumper off please let me know.

-2016 Colorado Z71 CC Diesel long box-
-Hardwired Valentine1-Blacksys CH-100B Dash Cam-Bed Extender-
-4TL-R HID projector retrofit w/Morimoto 50w Ballast and Osram CBI 5500k Bulbs-RC 30" LED Lightbar and Grill Mount-

post #94 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:33 PM

Got my install done yesterday. Went with 4500k bulbs, will need to switch to 5500k to match the led switchbacks and fogs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

-4TL-R HID projector retrofit w/Morimoto 50w Ballast and Osram CBI 5500k Bulbs-RC 30" LED Lightbar and Grill Mount-

post #95 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:20 PM
ADMIN

Garage
Can someone provide measurements of the OEM projectors and how do they compare to the aftermarket retrofits?

2015 Laser Blue Colorado LT
CC, 4X4, V6, SB

Mods:
LED light bar - 32"
HID headlights
LED fog lights
LED high beams
LED reverse lights
LED license plate lights
LED visor lights
LED dome lights
LED switchback front turn signal lights
LED cargo light turn signal conversion
LED bed lights
LED tail lights
LED sidemarkers
Canyon swapped tail lights
Red painted calipers
Supermod ported throttle body
Silver metallic rally stripes
Super Skidz skid plate
Volant CAI

Have a Colorado but want Canyon tail lights? Or vice versa CLICK HERE

***NOTE***
SITE RULES

post #96 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue06Colorado View Post
Got my install done yesterday. Went with 4500k bulbs, will need to switch to 5500k to match the led switchbacks and fogs.

Your cut-off looks just like mine, did you use the HD harness or the can-bus? I get flickering with the harness upon start up but it goes away after a few seconds.

post #97 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:12 AM

I have a custom harness with the canbus capacitors from DDM Tuning since that is what I had installed previous to this. I don't have any flickering.

I have "vehicle locator lights" and "exit lighting" turned off so my headlights come on only at night and after the truck is started. Not when I unlock the truck at night, and not when I pull the key out of the ignition at night after parking.

My harness is custom because I added another relay in series to the original relay. The second relay is activated by the parking light. This eliminates DRLs.

rich7930 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode