Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Loose wires below driver-side tail light?

5K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  KMW 
#1 ·
I was running my Pop-n-Lock wire for the trailgate. While looking up inside the body from below the driver side rear bumper, I noticed there are two wires that are pigtailed with waterproof shrink tube. They are white with purple stripe,
black with white stripe.

I hope it's pre-wiring for something useful. ?

The picture is taken looking up and towards the back, of the driver side tail light.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That is for the optional bed lighting.

#3 ·
Affirmative on the bedlighting wiring. power is controlled by the cargo lamp switch in the center stack.

#5 ·
So easily corrupted. Simple explanation of wire's purpose and now you must spend some money. It is no wonder so many aftermarket suppliers want to promote sites like this. Great way to get us to part with our money. :grin2:

Reactions: JBT and Toughsox
#7 ·
I didn't think the factory option was bright enough.

So I added some led strips under the length of the bedrail

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tufelhundin
#10 ·
#11 ·
I did the same thing with a Waterproof LED Strip from Amazon:

While I was there I also wired in a set of backup/work lights:

Everything comes on on the same OEM cargo light switch and is protected on that fused circuit. Plus its got the built in timer in case I'm an idiot and leave everything on. Really happy with the light it puts out and did it all for really cheap.

#13 ·
You need to run wires across the bottom of the bed yourself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Toughsox
#16 ·
Instead of running wires under the bed, I connected a couple strings of lights together and just ran them around the bed. I have 4 lights on each side and 4 along the front of the bed. That lights it up better under the tonneau cover.

Reactions: Toughsox
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.