Colorado/Canyon Crew Cab Dual 10 Downfire Subwoofer Box - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 9Likes
  • 2 Post By Darrenaoe
  • 2 Post By Darrenaoe
  • 1 Post By Kc2Buk
  • 2 Post By Kc2Buk
  • 2 Post By Kc2Buk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Colorado/Canyon Crew Cab Dual 10 Downfire Subwoofer Box

Hey Crew Cab Owners, anyone using this Sub-Box under their back seats? If so, Please share if any install issues, Speakers you used, amps, with or without BOSE, Pros & Cons. Thanks,

https://www.amazon.com/2015-2016-Col...+Colorado+crew

2016 Laser Blue Colorado Z71 Trail Boss "V6"
&
2005 Sunburst Orange Colorado LS Z71 "I5"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 06:50 PM

I didn't use the box you listed but used one similar by Groundshaker. I chose groundshaker cause the carpet is black and not Grey as the one you listed. Subs used were Rockford RDSD2 purchased at Amazon. The amp was Rockford Prime class d 500w 1 channel also at Amazon. The box was purchased directly from groundshaker. It is super loud and I'm very happy with it. Honestly I have the gain set very low and it sounds great. Got signal from front door speakers. Good luck.
Kevdrisk and Kc2Buk like this.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 06:59 PM

Here are some pics. By the way its a Bose system.

shop.ground-shaker.com/collections/colorado/products/model-cxhv210b-br-black-10-dual-sealed-sub-box-fits-chevy-colorado-gmc-canyon-crew-cab-2015-2016
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170305_185234_1488758075727.jpg (162.9 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg 20170305_185306_1488758108967.jpg (173.3 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg 20170305_185323_1488758142564.jpg (156.0 KB, 126 views)
Kevdrisk and Kc2Buk like this.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrenaoe View Post
I didn't use the box you listed but used one similar by Groundshaker. I chose groundshaker cause the carpet is black and not Grey as the one you listed. Subs used were Rockford RDSD2 purchased at Amazon. The amp was Rockford Prime class d 500w 1 channel also at Amazon. The box was purchased directly from groundshaker. It is super loud and I'm very happy with it. Honestly I have the gain set very low and it sounds great. Got signal from front door speakers. Good luck.
Did you tap each door inside the panels or did you find the wires after the amp? I had the kick panel off today trying to sort it out. I made a little box for a single 8"

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombots View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrenaoe View Post
Did you tap each door inside the panels or did you find the wires after the amp? I had the kick panel off today trying to sort it out. I made a little box for a single 8"

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
I found the speaker wires before they get to the door and tapped there. So after the amp. I'm not getting any distortion in my sub by doing so. I did connect a converter to RCA to connect the amp.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Here we go. Wish me some luck...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Getting started.jpg (80.7 KB, 84 views)
Toughsox likes this.

&
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 10:44 PM

Sorry for the late reply. I have this and got it directly from Subthump. Love the box, have 2 10" Pioneers in it (I do not have the BOSE system)

The 2 subs I had were not a direct fit but took maybe half an hour to modify the openings (the were not on the recommended list on the subthump homepage, while Crutchfields assured me they would fit.....go figure)

Anyways, the box just lays under the seats after you take the plastic box and metal frame out. Fit like a glove, have had it for a little over a year and you can fell it in your bones when you crank the music up.

I would definitely use this box again if my truck got stolen tomorrow.

The ONLY drawback I could think of is, some types of rear floor mats might have to be trimmed a tad since you are going from the rounded corners to a square one but, nothing that would hinder you at all.

Good luck with your install and let us know how it all went.

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughsox View Post
Sorry for the late reply. I have this and got it directly from Subthump. Love the box, have 2 10" Pioneers in it (I do not have the BOSE system)

The 2 subs I had were not a direct fit but took maybe half an hour to modify the openings (the were not on the recommended list on the subthump homepage, while Crutchfields assured me they would fit.....go figure)

Anyways, the box just lays under the seats after you take the plastic box and metal frame out. Fit like a glove, have had it for a little over a year and you can fell it in your bones when you crank the music up.

I would definitely use this box again if my truck got stolen tomorrow.

The ONLY drawback I could think of is, some types of rear floor mats might have to be trimmed a tad since you are going from the rounded corners to a square one but, nothing that would hinder you at all.

Good luck with your install and let us know how it all went.
I also made the Pioneer Mistake when I was setting up the under the seat box in my first GEN Colorado.
Getting the pioneers to fit in the first GEN box took quite a bit a effort. It was not just about making the holes a little larger the offset was different.
Kind of like drilling a hole and realizing the whole wasn't big enough and realizing it wasn't perfectly centered either.
Subthump actually said on their website that Pioneers will not fit.
So after seeing that this time I went with the Rockford Fosgate R2s & the fit was absolutely perfect. Now, that I have to set ups to compare.
I can honestly tell you as crisp and clean as the pioneers are the Rockford Fosgate R2s sound just as amazing.
Toughsox and Darrenaoe like this.

&
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Up-date,
All In, Looks Good & Sounds AWESOME!!!
I always liked the Bose system in my 16 Colorado. Listening levels from low to medium or halfway on the dial was always rich and for filling.
But after medium or halfway on the dial we sacrifice quality for loud noise and vibrating door mirrors.
First I'm glad I did NOT just settle for the dealership recommended kicker box.
I went with the Subthump down firing 10 inch woofer under the back seat box, two 10" rockford Fosgate R2 subwoofers, and a Hifonics BRUTUS Amp. The install was done by a friend of mine who owns a auto stereo shop. After two days of being able to really play around with it and get some drive time. I can honestly tell you that adding the subs and amp set up to the factory Bose system was by far the best modification I've had done to the truck yet!
If you were someone who does not mind losing that stupid little tray under your backseat and enjoys deep rich base where it belongs this is definitely the modification for you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Back Seat.jpg (313.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Night Glow.jpg (62.0 KB, 21 views)
Toughsox and Darrenaoe like this.

&

Last edited by Kc2Buk; 03-20-2017 at 10:00 PM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 06:13 PM

Totally agree with you on sacrificing space for sound quality.

Only thing I question for myself is, which mod to my truck I love the most.....my totally upgraded sound system or my zombie bumpers.

Congrats on your stereo system.

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 06:36 PM

Glad to know it went well and that you are happy with it.... Enjoy!

15 Colorado Z71 Cyber Grey
Bose Nav System Upgraded w/ Kicker Speakers
Groundshaker Sub box w/ 2 10" Rockford RDS2D Powered by Rockford Prime 500w
Tinted Windows
Chevy Soft Bed Cover
HID Headlights and LED Fog Lights
Blue Illuminated Under Seat LED
Black Running Boards
HELO HE901 18" Rims w/ Geolander 265 65r18
I believe it has a 1" or 1.25" Leveling Kit?
K&N Air Filter
Switchback LED Turn Signals
Flowmaster 40 Series
MGP Caliper Covers w/ Bowtie Logo
Weathertech mats
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:18 PM

Garage
Send a message via MSN to evonschu
Ordered this box and RF subs Friday. Any tips on where and what wires to tie into for the High to Low converter? I know some have said they used the rear speakers. Haven't popped the panels off yet and don't know the color wires to look for to tap into. Let me know easiest spot to get at it. Hoping I don't need to take the door panel off and the wires will be under the trim for the interior.

Thanks!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by evonschu View Post
Ordered this box and RF subs Friday. Any tips on where and what wires to tie into for the High to Low converter? I know some have said they used the rear speakers. Haven't popped the panels off yet and don't know the color wires to look for to tap into. Let me know easiest spot to get at it. Hoping I don't need to take the door panel off and the wires will be under the trim for the interior.

Thanks!
Sorry, NO.
They used a plug like the one KICKER has on it.

&
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 10:05 AM

Garage
I have installed this SA110SP - Memphis Car Audio box in a lot of trucks, but have installed it in 2 Colorados and a Canyon. The nice part is it doesn't take up the entire box under the seat and you still get nice bass.

BDS 5.5" Lift with Fox Shocks
RBP 94R 18x9 with custom Laser Blue inserts
305/65R18 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode