OnStar Unlimited Data Offer - Page 4 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by and_steve View Post
After only using the hotspot a couple times, the OnStar app is making a wild claim...

Attachment 219505

That's funny. Wonder what happens if you use over 1000gb's ? I mean that's a lot of GB to use in a month, but unlimited should mean unlimited.

I have AT&T iPhones and have unlimited on plan and stream a ton of movies and such while at lunch everyday and have only used maybe 75 gb per month on the highest side. I do know they will limit your download speed after 22gb if the area your in is congested but I live in a rural area and have not noticed my speeds dropping.

Last edited by gibbons025; 03-25-2017 at 12:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbons025 View Post
That's funny. Wonder what happens if you use over 1000gb's ? I mean that's a lot of GB to use in a month, but unlimited should mean unlimited.

I have AT&T iPhones and have unlimited on plan and stream a ton of movies and such while at lunch everyday and have only used maybe 75 gb per month on the highest side. I do know they will limit your download speed after 22gb if the area your in is congested but I live in a rural area and have not noticed my speeds dropping.

I've used the hotspot a lot since then and the numbers have not changed so I'm thinking their iOS dev just didn't know how to make it say unlimited...

Resident thread derailer

2016 GMC Canyon SLT: CC SB 4x4

Site Rules

post #63 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb93612 View Post
I took the plunge and signed up for the unlimited plan. My son streamed his shows from Hulu and YouTube. Over the course of a two day trip, he streamed over 10GB of data! Well worth it and it worked well.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Does it require an instant plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #64 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileywindham View Post
Does it require an instant plan?

An onstar*

post #65 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileywindham View Post
An onstar*

No.

2016 Colorado
post #66 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 09:08 PM

Garage
I went ahead and jumped on this. I use Google Fi for service ($10/gig) and the majority of my bandwidth is when I'm in the truck, so I'll easily make the $20/month worth it.

2015 Red Hot Colorado Z71 2WD Crew Cab
Purchased 8/4/2015
Mods: Morimoto 4TL-R Bi-Xenon Projector Conversion, Morimoto D2S 35W 6500K HID Lows,
Morimoto XB LED Fogs, Black LT Wheels, Anzo LED Tail Lamps, OEM Black Bowties, Air Dam Delete,
Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black)

post #67 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 10:06 PM

I am also trying out the Mobley from Att. I got it in 2 days and is the same price at $20/mo and no contract. Seems to work just like the Onstar plan but with the added benefit of being able to take it to any vehicle.

post #68 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 06:40 AM

Garage
jamesb93612 could you report back on what kind of reception you get with the Mobley. I'm not sure which way I want to go. I have heard of a a/c plug for the mobley so you can use it in a travel trailer but heard the signal is not as strong as the one in the truck.

When all else Fail's Read the Instruction's
post #69 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boborc View Post
jamesb93612 could you report back on what kind of reception you get with the Mobley. I'm not sure which way I want to go. I have heard of a a/c plug for the mobley so you can use it in a travel trailer but heard the signal is not as strong as the one in the truck.

I'll check out range. I would assume the truck would have a longer range but who knows. Speeds are comparable and have not had any connection issues with either. I use Verizon for my cell so I don't know if any Att low coverage areas here where I can test out the signal strength. Here is the link for the AC adapter for the mobley.

Mobile AC Adapter for AT&T ZTE Mobley - OBD Cellular Wi-Fi Hotspot Device https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L8CEDBU..._p5b3ybNN0DZ0C

post #70 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 06:20 PM

The truck's access point has worked flawless for me in the more populated parts of New England. I was already paying $10 p/m to use the truck with my existing plan AT&T plan (shared data) as it was. So this was a no brainer. I use data the most in the truck than I do anywhere else. Work on the road or kids and their devices. Worth it!

-=[Black 2016 Colorado Z71]=-
N-Fab 3" Nerf Bars - Line-X Lined Bed - Undercover Flex - AVS Vent Shades - Husky X-Act Contour Floor Mats - WeatherTech No-Drill Mud Flaps - Hellwig 7745 Rear Sway-Bar - Curt Class III Hitch - RC 2" Lift/Level - K&N 77 CAI - VSS Kicker - Pop'N'Lock - Trifecta Tune

post #71 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 07:50 PM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CPTTango30 Send a message via MSN to CPTTango30
I have 22gb of 4g data on my phone. Turned off the extremely overpriced OnStar data. I was paying $30 a month to just update my phone. I never turn Bluetooth or wifi off on my phone. So every time I get in my truck my phone connects to the wifi and says hey I got wifi lets download the internet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode