Switch Location? - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By lqdchkn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 05:47 AM Thread Starter

Switch Location?

So I want to mount my LED bar switch in the center console where the usb and 12v outlet is except when I search how to take apart that piece (don't want to break a tab or anything) I get ...

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/search.php on this server."

So I'm creating a thread before I go taking things apart and regretting it, since search is broken for me -____-

I'm also assuming @lqdchkn will make an appearance on here as well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Bee View Post
So I want to mount my LED bar switch in the center console where the usb and 12v outlet is except when I search how to take apart that piece (don't want to break a tab or anything) I get ...

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/search.php on this server."

So I'm creating a thread before I go taking things apart and regretting it, since search is broken for me -____-

I'm also assuming @lqdchkn will make an appearance on here as well...
There are many threads on this area, and at least one of them gave a good description of how to disassemble this area. I can't remember which thread was best for that. It might have been more focused on the power from USB or cigarette light outlets, but I know that it has been discussed.

Here is a thread on switches in general, it may answer your question or at least point you in a direction.

Lets see your switch setups??

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 11:57 AM

I would discourage you from mounting there, unless you want to make it more of a project than just figuring a nice mounting location or have some type of surface mount switch. The vent ducting runs right behind there and there is a plastic brace down the middle. Other that some room (about the width of the USB and cig ports themselves) just toward the center of each item there isn't room to mount anything without cutting into the ducting and/or support.

Check out post #14 Additional Backup Lights Installed where he discusses this.

There is a pic of what behind there but I'm having trouble finding it

***EDIT*** Found it post #9 Custom Switch Box
CaryBosse likes this.

Last edited by lqdchkn; 04-24-2017 at 12:09 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 01:12 AM Thread Starter

@CaryBosse Thanks for the link. My search kept giving me Forbidden errors. @lqdchkn Thank you as well. I see what you mean by using a dremel to cut out the center pieces. I did see some people post pics in the first link of their switches in the side panel on the drivers side. Seems like a good spot, or in the center console. But I'm afraid something would flip the switch on the outside of the console as I do use that small tray behind the shifter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode