Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Headlight Bulb leveling

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  LMC2001 
#1 ·
Hello, I just changed the headlight bulbs in my 2015 Colorado z71, and I am having a problem getting my high beam bulbs to level out. I have attached pictures of what my headlights are doing. I also posted a picture of the back of the light and what i thought was the adjustment for it but i can't figure it out. lol. If anyone has any helpful information on how to line them up i would greatly appreciate it.

#2 ·
The first picture is the high beams, the second picture is the low beams at 25 feet. I think the drivers side high beam needs lowered, and i am not sure how to do it. Do the low beams look ok?

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)
The adjustment is on top, accessed down thru the radiator support. You adjust the lows only, and the highs will be correct, as it's a all-in-one adjustment. The highs will be high, to reach farther down the road, since you don't drive with them in traffic.

#5 ·
The adjustment is on top, accessed down thru the radiator support. You adjust the lows only, and the highs will be correct, as it's a all-in-one adjustment. The highs will be high, to reach farther down the road.
Thank you for the response. I don't understand how the high is that far off when the lows look really good, I have take the light out of the socket and put it back in several times. Still no luck. Could you post a pic of where the adjustment is located. Thank You!

#8 ·
Or best yet take a night test drive asap in a dark road and go from there.
Adjustments to be made only when you see something is not right after the test.

#10 ·
This is usually caused by incorrect seating of the bulb in the socket or if you had the light assembly out then the light assembly it might not be remounted correctly. I also like the idea of swapping the bulbs between left and right to see what happens.

#11 ·
Thank You guys for all the responses. I ended up taking the bulbs out and reseating them into the light socket, and I think one of the tabs was not under one of the metal tabs holders. It was a simple fix, and i did not catch it the first few times i look at it. I read in the owners manual that there is no adjustment for headlights.

Attachments

Reactions: Duken4evr
#13 ·
#15 ·
I was gonna say, you shouldn't need to adjust after swapping bulbs. My money was on a bulb not being seated right.

Glad you got it sorted out!

And both headlights have an adjustment screw accessed from the top of the headlight. There is a oval shaped hole in the frame opening above the headlight that allows you to access the adjustment screw. The screw is not in plain sight, so you have to look down into the opening.

#16 ·
That is awesome! I will check it out this evening. I figured there had to be some type of adjustment. I just couldn't find it or anywhere it said there were adjustments. Thank You!

Reactions: fondupot
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.