ASM Receiver location? (xm module) - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By mjonesjr84
  • 1 Post By mjonesjr84
  • 1 Post By mjonesjr84

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

ASM Receiver location? (xm module)

Does anyone know the location of the little asm receiver box location? I want to take a look at it but I do not want to tear the whole truck apart looking for at. Its the tuner module for xm and fm/am. Reason being I want to swap it out with an HD radio one if it is at all possible. I just want to confirm the connections.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 04:08 PM

Garage
You would have to swap out the whole HMI module.

There isnt a separate Sat radio module.

2015 Z71 2WD Crew Cab Long Bed Cyber Grey Metallic

Ready Lift 2.0 leveling kit, OEM Fender Flares, WeatherTech Mudflaps, Morimoto HID Kit, K&N 63 Series intake, JBA Catback Exhaust, Rough Country Hidden Bumper Mounts and 30" Light Bar, 17" Black Rhino Tanay wheels, Goodyear Duratracs, Go Rhino Sport Bar 2.0
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman View Post
You would have to swap out the whole HMI module.

There isnt a separate Sat radio module.
The XM module is built into the radio module, not the HMI module.

The Radio/XM module is located directly behind the radio display screen at the top of the dash.

If you decide to swap yours out, I might be interested if you wanted to get rid of it. I'm considering adding the factory XM to my Colorado
Toughsox likes this.

2016 Colorado CCSB WT w/ LT Upgrades

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonesjr84 View Post

The Radio/XM module is located directly behind the radio display screen at the top of the dash.

If you decide to swap yours out, I might be interested if you wanted to get rid of it. I'm considering adding the factory XM to my Colorado
I took mine out when my truck was less than a week old. That and the factory 8" screen.
Was wondering if people actually were looking to put one of these in, but at the same time, Im guessing it is more than just plug and play. Probably have to go to the dealer to have them activate it through the BCM.

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughsox View Post
Quote:

I took mine out when my truck was less than a week old. That and the factory 8" screen.
Was wondering if people actually were looking to put one of these in, but at the same time, Im guessing it is more than just plug and play. Probably have to go to the dealer to have them activate it through the BCM.
It is a little more than plugged and play for the HMI module, but I'm not sure about the radio module. I'd assume it is the same way.

If I'd have known you had these I'd have bought them from you. I'm sure I could have saved a few dollars.
Toughsox likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 09:33 PM

Quote:
It is a little more than plugged and play for the HMI module, but I'm not sure about the radio module. I'd assume it is the same way.

If I'd have known you had these I'd have bought them from you. I'm sure I could have saved a few dollars.
Yea, I will admit to being lazy when it comes to posting in the FOR SALE section of the forums.
Sold my front clip, rear bumpers, tires and soon, my hood due to their size in my garage. But the factory radio is so small I never even notice it sitting on my bench all wrapped up. LOL

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info everyone. They I mainly want the HD radio feature. They sell them on ebay for like 65 bucks.

NEW GENUINE GM XM RADIO CONTROL UNIT ASM-RECEIVER 23238026 Fits: Chevrolet GMC | eBay

I am not 100% sure but from the pictures I am comparing they look the same. Also to note on the sticker it says HD radio technology. I have seen some with and some without that writing on them. This is all just wishful thinking of course. I drove a 2018 tahoe today and it had HD radio and I was just angry and I just think to myself why cant I have this. I like HD radio as a backup when I am bored of pandora or XM

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 12:09 PM

You can't just buy the module. You will have to have it programmed to your VIN.

Call Digital Dash Solutions. I got my IO5 HMI and 8" screen from them to upgrade from the IO4. Later this year I'm going to get the XM radio module from the to install in my WT. They ship all the upgrades programmed to your trucks VIN.
nwscoobie likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode